First of all, don’t ask me why I did it.
I started with an extra The Chogokin Robocon, and disassembled it. Then I soaked it in some .3 brake fluid overnight. The next morning, I scrubbed off the excess paint with a toothbrush, and wiped down the parts.
Once the parts were naked, I checked out what matching the finish on the hands would cost at Union Hard Chromium. I was quoted $65. I was unwilling to spend 7 times the amount of the original toy, so instead I handed them off to my friend Jeff, who polished and clear-coated them. My friend Matt repainted the eyes, and I applied one of Robocon’s red heart stickers.
I don’t know why I did it, but I’m glad that I did because now I have a Chogokin that looks like a kitchen faucet.
I love it.