Future Factory!!

Posted by Sanjeev 
Sanjeev (Admin)
Okay, kiddies of all ages!

This is pretty big news: yours truly will be leading a class on 3D printing toys at Monster Kolor Studios in Massachusetts next month! I will be assisted by our wayward Ben Mininberg (prometheum5) and mecha artist extraordinaire, David White.

And not only will folks learn all the tricks necessary to start designing and manufacturing their own toys, but students will actually print and finish their own robot toy through the course of the class! As Matt "Dead Presidents" Walker, owner of Monster Kolor, says below, You make it, you take it.

The spots are filling up frighteningly fast, but if you're available and in the Massachusetts area, I really encourage you to come through. Even if the class is sold out, come anyway! You may not be able to print your own figure, but you can see the whole process firsthand and otherwise participate.

As you can imagine, I'm pretty psyched about this class. It should kick off a pretty big year for us robot toy-makers...as we bring some of the artistry and communal aspects of the designer vinyl world to robot toy collecting! ;)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Perhaps it would help to post the registration link, no?
[www.monsterkolorstore.com]

:P
Wow! BAzoinK! Sold Out.
Great stuff, proud of you guys stepping up to put this together. Should be a really fun, but hectic day. I gotta double check if I'm open that weekend, or out in the Wild West that weekend. I'd love to see what's going on in those 3D printing brains(scary!) ;0)

How did last Saturday's class/hangout go? Anybody here make it, and paint some stuff?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2013 11:34PM by repairtechjon.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yeah, man...the class sold out in about six hours! Amazing!

I had a feeling it would be a popular event, but this is just overwhelming! Anyway, you should definitely come through, Jon. Mason, Fraser, Keymont, and others will be there. Working on Alen now. ;)

Saturday's event was pretty cool. It wasn't a class: just an "opening" for a few toy makers, including Cop A Squat Toys. Despite the unfortunate name (LOL), he makes a pretty nice Bullmark-style vinyl kaiju that most of us were raving about.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer