[BN] "Yojimbo" Gin Gin!

Posted by Sanjeev 
Sanjeev (Admin)
This is for ALL OF YOU.

Happy New Year!!

One love.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Beautiful looking finish! Like something just got discovered in an ancient city.
Congrats on some progress, keeping your motivation a going, and a release of something within 2010.
Just caught up on your last few blog posts too. Eggcellentay!
They look like antique statues. Very cool. The question is, do I need one of these, or do I wait for the painted versions? ;)

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...they totally *do* look like monuments or something! Anyway, if you're on the fence, by all means, wait for the fully-painted joints. These were just a fun little side adventure for the sake of getting something cool out by New Year's. I dig these (and apparently so do others--several have already sold), but like I keep telling people: the final fully-painted toys will be fucking NUTS!
So f'n DOPE.
This is particularly nice, Sanjeev! Can't wait to see how it paints up!

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Thanks for the comments, guys! The first run of these guys are all sold out...so, again, THANK YOU!!

A few more will be coming, though...so hit me up if ya like. The fully painted ones will be delayed to later this month. Yeah, no shit... :P

Anyway, I just posted some more pictures on my blog...

...including first-time-ever shots of the packaging!!

mcfitch (Admin)
Yum! I can't wait.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Congrats on getting this made!
cae
very cool!

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
Anonymous User
Looks great man, love the box design.
"Foe-Gokin"? That's terrible....but hilarious!

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Awful, isn't it? I was trying to work some sort of double-entendre with "faux-gokin"...but I'm just not smart enough for that kind of thing!
I got my Gin Gin and it's just beautiful. Fucking perfect.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
It even comes with a stand!

Excellent work, Sanjeev. I am honoured to own one. It is art to me and is a wonderful testament to following one's bliss. Thank you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2011 07:56PM by RainBot.
Attachments:
open | download - GinginCU.jpg (349.3 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
I like your kitty playground thing...where'd you get it? ;)

Glad you're digging it, man! Whether it's "art" or not is up to whomever, but it's certainly my bliss.
I really enjoy his Gokin-esque look. I am eager to see the painted version, which I will certainly buy.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Glad to hear it!

The fully painted/stickered production figure is still in the works (which reminds me--I should update my blog soon!)...in fact, some test parts for the resin arms are arriving tonight...
FINALLY got mine..... thing is super freaking awesomely sick, great job again good sir!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Ha! And just for the record: Jason didn't "FINALLY" get his because it's taken so long for me to ship the thing! ;)

His was the *last* all-metal Gin Gin figure to be made by me...and even though I've been very tight-lipped about the production figure for AGES now, we're actually getting pretty damn close! The plastic arms and head are pretty much ready to go. The metal bodies will be ready as soon as I get the latest 3D print from Shapeways--as long as they manage not to fuck up the print. The paint and stickers should be ready according to Walker. And probably the biggest pain in my ass about this entire project: the box/slipcase seems to be coming along...finally*.

I'm actually feeling kinda optimistic about early 2013 for these guys!

* I'll spare y'all the technical details of the printing nightmare...but the company that did the Yojimbo boxes somehow could NOT, for the fucking lives of 'em, reproduce what they'd done. And maddeningly, EVERY other printing company I tried to go with--despite their promises that they could print these damn things--fucked up every single order (and mostly ignored my customer service requests). It's like the printing gods decided to butt-fuck me for the past several months...sadistically laughing from atop their...uh...wherever printing gods hang out. For real: I was RIGHT on the edge of saying fuck it, and going with a fucking bag and header card for packaging on these...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer