Neko Army, Hasshin!

Posted by MattAlt 
MattAlt (Admin)

Nekobots, ROLL OUT! It's shippin' time...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2010 10:52PM by MattAlt.
so have we voted what sort of pose we should all take when we take pics of ourselves with our nekos? like have it on yer head or something of the sort?
mcfitch (Admin)
Dangling from nipple piercings for old time's sake.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
That, or hold it in front of your junk? ;)

-dylan
sketcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That, or hold it in front of your junk? ;)

I couldn't pull that off unless they release a jumbo model.
I don't know. Is holding a clear vinyl in front of your junk really the best idea?

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
I could have predicted both of those responses. :)

Merely a tribute to our dear departed.

After thinking on this further, perhaps the Fraser pose, ala Leo would be best. A simple palm up. Very tranquil and satisfied.

-dylan
I got my Neko today and it is fantastic... the packaging looks like someone sat on it tho, and I think painted releases are going to need a more substantial shipping container to avoid damage... gonna shoot AY an email about that. Neko is smaller than I thought, but I actually really like the size, and the vinyl is gloriously squishy! The guts are also absolutely stunning... I thought they were flat double-sided guts, but they are actually wrap-around rolled up paper inserts, including a whole 3D shape for the body and head internals. A-mazing!

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
mcfitch (Admin)
I got it last night and I love it. It absolutely had to come to work with me. ben, I totally agree on the inserts. The rolled paper instead of a flat sheet with printing on both sides adds so much more. For those that have it look at the print underneath the cockpit bubble on the head.
-Mason

Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Mason, I'm confused... what am I looking for under the head? I'm not sure why there's an extra piece of guts rolled up inside the torso guts, but it does fill in the neck area pretty well. I like who's piloting Neko :D

[prometheusrising.net]
mcfitch (Admin)
Ben, I'm confused. You're looking for the pilot that you seem to have already found and like. Not "under the head" per se, but under the pilot bubble/windshield thingy.
-Mason

mcfitch Wrote:
> Ben, I'm confused. You're looking for the pilot
> that you seem to have already found and like. Not
> "under the head" per se, but under the pilot
> bubble/windshield thingy.
> -Mason

Oh, I thought you meant on the underside of the printed cockpit or something. Nevermind then.

[prometheusrising.net]
Ben and Mason, I'm confused. Where's his "thingy"?

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
mcfitch (Admin)
Come here and I'll show you Hillsy.
-Mason

I wonder if the guys making this toy in Japan had any idea that it was at such high risk for human genital contact.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Nekrodave Wrote:
> I don't know. Is holding a clear vinyl in front of
> your junk really the best idea?

Ah, you pansies! I'll do it!

(and you know I will, too!)
Good grief kid! Can't take you anywhere without making sure your belt's cinched up these days? Keep yer baggy britches on, and enjoy the toy! (you CAN do both, ya know)
*ahem* so I was looking at the insert and noticed something, is the pic used for the head a volkswagon beetle engine? if so that's totally rad.
If this isn't sitting on my doorstop when I get home tonight SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET KILLED.

And that someone is named "Jerilock."
wha? *hides behind a wall of slab bacon* go ahead take yer best shot!
I cannot get over how fun a sculpt this guy is... I don't know why, maybe it's my classic action figure sensibility, but I think he's just the perfect size. Fits right in your hand, a little bigger than a fight figure (and perfectly proportioned) and just so effin fun. Plus, since it's unpainted, I'll never feel bad about getting greasy grubby paws all over it and playing with it all the time, but the mechanico-guts make it just as interesting to stare at in wonderment as actually play with. This figure just speaks to me.

[prometheusrising.net]
Good news, Jeri! YOU GET TO LIVE.

Having fun with this...
...by putting your junk in it?

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
I don't dare. It looks like the guts took a lot of work to get in there. Alen's style really shines through in that paper insert, it's like a map of his neurons and ganglia.
Even more reason to put your junk in it. I actually assembled the guts myself...it was a pretty fun process.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
> I
> actually assembled the guts myself...it was a
> pretty fun process.

That's interesting. I actually talked to Alen yesterday about this and "fun" was not the word he used to describe the process! Then again, maybe doing it once is fun. Dozens of times...not so much. Looking forward to getting mine soon.

Hah! Yeah, if I had to do more than a couple, it probably wouldn't be so fun. Then again, he's artsy fartsy all day. I'm just fartsy and enjoy any little creative...outlet.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Speaking from experience, any romantic notions one may have about the joys of assembling and packaging toys soon evaporate after you finish the first ten or so.
Well, I'll be looking forward to doing my own. Might just scan the sheet first before cutting it up and placing inside. I like the idea of coming up with my own inserts using that as a template...

More serious than thou
That's definitely a good idea fuji... I was surprised at how complex the inserts actually are... the limb parts are all rolled and angled, and there's multiple parts to the body inserts. Templates would be cool as well... some more clear painted versions with a combination of paper inserts and pipe-cleaners would be bad-ass.

[prometheusrising.net]
Super cool! Got mine today. Thanks to all you's that worked on this. Thanks for signing the card too.
The rest of you are in big trouble for playing with it, cuz it says "NOT TOY".

Squishy is great. I bet if you did a Galagher Sledge-o-Matic! to it, the head would go shootin' off. WHEEE!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2010 10:46PM by repairtechjon.
Got mine today. Very happy with the little guy. Excellent work, and it definitely has the funk!

[edit]

Pic -

-dylan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2010 09:04PM by sketcher.
Bump to keep yakking about a cool thing.
mcfitch (Admin)
What I want to see is a bunch of customs coming out of this. Give me about a week or so more for my own.
-Mason

Anyone able to say how long between payment and shipment there is on these?

More serious than thou
Is it still too late to get one?
mcfitch (Admin)
fujikuro, I'm not sure. I think it was only a few days. However I don't know if they were all ready to ship or if they went out in waves.

Rainbot, try the incubot site and see if you can still buy one.
-Mason

Mine is now safely on my shelf! Decided to display the header card at it's feet, with an extra insert sheet that Alen graciously gave me at Dim Sum on Sunday in the background...

I noticed that actually full name is written as "Nekosaurus" too. Didn't know that..

Mine arrived today! Like Hillsy said, the insert was pretty fun to put together. I did scan the insert sheet, so I'm looking forward to trying out a few variations. Unless Alen's got any objections, I'll post files up here if anyone's interested.

More serious than thou
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer