[NEKOBOTS] Verdict is in...

Posted by Sanjeev 
Sanjeev (Admin)
They kick ass!

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Great review! I'm really looking forward to getting mine.
I assume/hope they're shipping soon.
I'm really excited about these (ordered the black version). What's the packaging look like?
Check the Flickr links for a package layout shot. HIL-AR-IOUS!
Really looking forward to getting mine as well... I will feel much better having all of my school files backed up on a separate flash drive from my high-traffic everything-else drive. Oh yeah, it's a totally sweet looking toy as well that I have an excuse to bring everywhere! I can't wait to see the Jetpack flash drive accessoriy shown on the Flickr!!!!

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Anonymous User (Moderator)
I have a stack of orders packed and ready, but the final boxes -- which kick ass -- are still being delivered and arrive on Monday next week. I am happy to ship out to people first if they want sans boxes, and then mail boxes later...

Trying to keep it simple, but definitely let me know your preference, and sorry for delay!
I'm happy to wait for the box - it looks killer!
I'll wait for the box.
I, admittedly, can probably live until the box arrives so as not to pay shipping twice. It sounds like these are going to have some slick packaging.

[prometheusrising.net]
Roger brings up a good point, Alen, will we possibly see Nekobot erasers in bright as hell gaudy blinding neon hues or is it too soon to be adding onto the workload?
Got my Nekobot today, thanks Alen! What a great little figure. I love how the soft matte rubber feels. The box is amazing and one of the best parts. The 'story' on the back had me in stitches. "BLOWING US ALL TO HELL!!!?"
Fantastic work all-around, Alen.

One small problem so far- I'm at work and my computer here doesn't want to cooperate with the flash. It starts to read it, just long enough to tell me it detected new hardware, and then it poops out and tells me there was a problem and the device may not work properly (read: doesn't work at all). My other USB drives are working fine on this computer. In any case, I'll try it on my computers at home. Anyone have troubleshooting tips?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 12:37PM by eriku.
Anonymous User (Moderator)
Eriku, which one do you have? Please shoot me an email and I'll get you a replacement asap...Best, A.
Got my black Nekobot with box a couple days ago. AWESOME! I haven't tried it as a USB, but it's nice as a cute robot toy.
mcfitch (Admin)
The little buggers showed up last week in the mail and I'm loving them. Have only tried the blue original one so far as a USB and it worked fine.

-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Awwwwwwwesome...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2009 10:33PM by RainBot.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1420.jpg (194.1 KB)
Since the color schemes for the others are inspired by the Getter Robos and Tetsujin 28, whats the inspiration for the black version?
I assumed it was a nod to Black Ox, T28's nemesis.
mcfitch (Admin)
Not Dakko chan? ::ducks::
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Ah-HOOOOGAH!! Just got my boxes in. Hysteria and Mayhem ensue! Prepare Mazers! Ah-HoOOOGAH! Thanks!
Oh yeah, and I like the meany looking rat-kaiju on the box too.
Got to check out my Neko when I got home today, and it is fantastic! It didn't occur to me how chunky and heavy a rubber blocky robot figure would be, and this guy is totally chunky and heavy and awesome. He's definitely going to live in my pocket storing valuable data from now on!

[prometheusrising.net]
Nekobots: Better with swords.

OK, minor gripe time. Through use, I have decided that I really wish something tethered the leg piece to the body piece while you have the flash drive plugged into your computer, so it's not loose hanging around, begging to get lost. That is all.

[prometheusrising.net]
eriku Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nekobots: Better with swords.
> [i178.photobucket.com]
> stuff011.jpg

This picture is awesome! I don't know how I missed it.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Agreed...weapons are bitchin'. I've been using random machine guns and whatnot...haven't tried a sword yet.

Ben, stick the legs in your pocket while it's in use.
Sanjeev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Agreed...weapons are bitchin'. I've been using
> random machine guns and whatnot...haven't tried a
> sword yet.
>
> Ben, stick the legs in your pocket while it's in
> use.

But, they're so big :(

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
This conversation is making me feel uncomfortable.

Please ask someone your dad or older brother...
I use my Neko every day. It travels in my bag, sometimes in a pocket. A year later the abuse is taking its toll:

Neko injury. by rogerharkavy, on Flickr
Anonymous User
number five!

[gizmodo.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
And at least they mentioned Incubot this time! ;)
Wow, that's awesome. Congratulations, Alen!

Sanjeev (Admin)
LOL

The last one's still my favorite!
*shudder..* Scary AstroBoy!

I love the Conveyor Robot shot Jim. Classic cool toy.

glad you liked my 99 cent ebay robot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer