JUMBOSAURUS on Ebay (Sold)

Posted by Supersentai 
As part of the continuing madness:

Jumbosauruas available on Ebay (May 16, 2011)...he's easy to find as he's so BIG, and leaves a visible path of destruction behind him. Asking $369 plus shipping within the US (not much more than the vinyl repro). Check him out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2011 02:40PM by Supersentai.
mcfitch (Admin)
No links?
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
I'm OLD and ain't link savy, and it's much too late for me to learn.

If you type in "jumbosaurus" on Ebay and he DOESN'T show up, let me know.
Supersentai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm OLD and ain't link savy, and it's much too
> late for me to learn.
>
No offense, sir, but this is kind of like saying I pissed my pants because I'm old and am unskilled in operating a zipper and it's too late for me to learn.
Any you'll know all about that when you get a little older too youngun'.

Jumbo is sold now, peace and tranquility may now return to the realm.
Supersentai Wrote:
> Any you'll know all about that when you get a
> little older too youngun'.
>
HA!
Unless it was something I absolutely had to have, I don't think I would buy from someone who doesn't know how to post a link. No joke.

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
Nekrodave Wrote:
> Unless it was something I absolutely had to have,
> I don't think I would buy from someone who doesn't
> know how to post a link. No joke.

Wow...until I saw the "no joke" at the end, I was hoping that you were trying to be funny. The item is already sold. It begs the question, did you really feel that much of a need to try to marginalize or insult me because I just haven't taken the time to learn how to carry a link over to this website? It might be a simple copy and paste of the address bar, but I haven't tried it before on this site and furthermore personally just didn't feel it was necessary.

If anyone thought to themself for a moment, hey, this poor guy doesn't know how to post a link, wouldn't it be more constructive (obviously less fun) to just PM me or post instructions?

If you need help adding me to your "do not buy from list" on Ebay, it's "s u p e r s e n t a i"...it's jerky postings like these that have made it MUCH easier for me to walk away from this hobby. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2011 10:38PM by Supersentai.
Wow, touchy, huh? I guess I should have prefaced that by saying "no offense" 'cos it seems the previous comment was actually more inflammatory than mine, but maybe I'm wrong.

If you are incapable or unwilling to perform a simple task like directing your potential buyers to the location of your sale, it just gives me absolutely zero confidence in your other skills as a seller. And if I don't have confidence in the seller, I'm not going to risk buying from them unless it's an item that is very important to me. You wouldn't post a sign that said simply "Yard Sale" and nothing else and expect people to go look for it, would you?

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but when a seller takes an "I don't know and I don't care" attitude, well.. the buyer will too. It sends a bad signal, for me anyway.

Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm not taking any side in this matter, but I'm just not sure what the big deal is about putting a link in a fucking post.

This is such a non-issue, it's kind of absurd:
[www.google.com]
See, that's the problem. "I wasn't trying to be a jerk". Really?...what are you trying to be when you post (after an item is already sold) hey, if this guy can't figure out how to add a link, I wouldn't buy anything from him unless I had no other alternative? (paraphrased of course) Which, if you think about it, doesn't make sesnse as you presumably wouldn't buy a common item from me, but if I had something exoitc you WOULD trust me?

I thought Gingaio's comment was in the jerk-o-sphere as well, but he did give up the obligiatory "ha" when I played along. That's just banter. I'm not that thin-skinned on the internet.

The difference is that the intent of your posting, whether you were conscious of it or not, delivers the message that maybe people should not buy from me. Based on what, my Ebay profile? 1,200 transactions at 100%? Heck, I've sold off a good chunk of my collection to other Toybox'ers with no complaints who could vouch for me, but I wouldn't ask them to. I actually let a few very nice pieces go for quite a bit less than I could have gotten elsewhere under the presumption that they're ending up with people who are "enthusiastic" about them and will appreciate them.

On top of that, 10% of everything I've sold in the past few months, about $1,000.00, was donated to the Red Cross or Second Harvest based upon these purchases. You'd think I'd have earned a bit of slack within the community, but there's always one more jerk-o-pod waiting in the wings to taint the experience.

I'm not "opting out" of this hobby because of any e-chatter. I was fully able to appreciate my collection all by myself for the past thirty years. Sold about a third to pay for a good chunk of our wedding, then a third when we purchased a minivan when we had our son, now letting the rest go to make room for the kid who will be arriving soon (as well as pay for gutters, driveway, shed, etc.).

It's just a shame when I see the hostility and cliques play themselves out on the site. I was geeked out to the maxx when I stumbled onto this site, fellow collectors and appreciators of the shiny metal pretty things. I'd expect some vitriol if I were continually pushing teeny-bopper-panty-robots or something (sorry Vincent, under the bus you go), but the randon snarkiness that pops up as frequently as it does just wears me down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2011 10:41PM by Supersentai.
josh fraser (Moderator)
That was actually not a bad price for the Godzilla. I was tempted, but then thought about how hard it would be to find the fist and well you know my ocd issues with condition.
Supersentai Wrote:
> a lot
>

All I'm saying is that it's competitive market out there. If you want to draw attention to your sales and convince people to buy, I think you need some improvement in how you go about promoting them. THAT'S ALL. What you do once the sale is made is not really relevant to my point. Before the sale is even made, you're making a bad impression by showing little to no initiative. I personally don't like sellers like that and avoid them when I can. Others may and likely do feel differently, but it seems to me a seller should be doing all he/she can to attract more buyers, not drive them away.

josh fraser Wrote:
> That was actually not a bad price for the Godzilla.
>

Maybe it didn't go higher because no one could be bothered to go looking for it. :)

josh fraser (Moderator)
> That was actually not a bad price for the Godzilla.
>

Maybe it didn't go higher because no one could be bothered to go looking for it. :)

No, it was a buy it now price.

All you had to do was type in Jumbosaurus and it showed up.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> I'm just not sure what the big deal is about putting a
> link in a fucking post.
>
This.

Though actually, it's more like this:

[shop.ebay.com]

I just thought it was funny that the dude said he was too old to learn how to copy and paste a link. Nothing more to it than that for me.

Any time Supersentai wants to sell a Clover DX White Base to me for $10, feel free to post here. Link optional.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2011 06:34PM by gingaio.
The Jumbozilla actually went for a touch less than $300, but I paid under $200 a few years back, so it's still gravy.

Yeah, I'm am aware that I'm being a bit melodramatic about all of this, and know that Dave seems to be a decent enough guy from my history monitoring this site (but please stop implying that I am lazy for not adding a freaking link, seems like about the silliest reason in the world not to buy from someone if they have something you WANT. I'f I'm hurting anyone here it's myself by not promoting my item more efficiently, and apparently I'm FINE with that.).

The point I was trying to make, and have tried before, is that there are likely people on this site who end up on the receiving end of what can come across as pretty hostile postings who might not handle it so well.

I'm not suggeting that people should curb their honest expression with each other, and sometimes an occasional burn is warranted; but isn't this site supposed to be a place where toy "geeks" can feel safe and welcome to talk about just that, toys? Treat the other guys on the site like you're lucky to have them here, because before the internet, you had a fat chance of finding anyone else within 50 miles who would have even known what a "chogokin" was.

BTW, I'm only 40, and I'm not completely inept with all things related to the inter-web.
Supersentai Wrote:
> but please stop implying that I am lazy for not adding a freaking link,
> seems like about the silliest reason in the world
> not to buy from someone if they have something you
> WANT.

Nobody's implying that or much of anything else at this point, dude. Reason I quoted Sanjeev was that it seemed to be what you're saying now, that the whole argument about putting a link in the post is silly, and that one could just as easily search for the item himself on eBay or Google (why I put the eBay search link and why he put the Google link).

You're only 5 years older than me, another reason why I thought your comment about being too old to do whatever was funny. (I assumed you weren't that old.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2011 09:47PM by gingaio.
I was still harping on Dave for his contined 'tips to market and sell effectively in the 21st century' seminar. The posting here for the Jumbosaurus was just a courtesy, and if you start from the top again, it's just sadly unnecessary how the postings evolved.

Dave, if I wanted any suggestions on how to improve my selling (which, after ten years is just about done), I'd ask. But I didn't. And the one thing you still haven't managed to do is give me, the no-initiative showing guy who needs to improve how I promote my items, is the ONE thing that would be the end-all, be-all method to become a trustworthy, competent-appearing, confidence-inspiring, seller you could deem worthy of purchasing from...the instructions on how to add a link???
josh fraser (Moderator)
[www.youtube.com]

Quite easy. Here you go.
Hahaha.. a five minute video on copying and pasting! I love it.

Look, you just didn't seem to take the issue seriously, so I wanted you to know that it could possibly affect your sales. I have a small passing interest in this toy so I figured I'd click the thread. Once here, I decided I didn't care anymore based solely only your inability to link to your own auction. Is that what you want? If you can't handle the absolute simplest part of the selling process, it's a potential concern for buyers. I have no idea where you see hostility there.

josh fraser (Moderator)
Ok fine:

highlight text

Ctrl C to copy text
Ctrl V to paste text

done.
josh fraser (Moderator)
Being that I use a Mac, I simply Command C and Command V
Again, if you don't hear how you may come off as condescending with the "if you can't handle the absolute simplest part of the selling process" and similar comments, then you're probably way past helping in the people skills department.

My sales are pretty much over dude, and I was more than pleased with the results. If you were even the slightest bit interested in the item and decided that my lack of adding a link here was the SOLE basis of not inquiring further (where you would have likely scored the item for a song based upon your affiliation with this site) that is completely your business, but rings hollow to me.

Again, if a 1,200 feedback/100% rating on Ebay speaks less to you than my not being "savy" enough to place a link to my auction on this site, then I can't help you in that departent either. I simply resent that you'd attempt to influence other people into believing that they may have cause to not deal with me by hysterically overemphasizing something so minute and innane.

If you weren't interested enough to even type j-u-m-b-o-s-a-u-r-u-s on Ebay, then I can't imagine you truly had even microscopic interest in the item at all (which makes me wonder why you even chimed in here other than just to be snarky) and that a link wouldn't have likely changed anything to do with you.
josh fraser Wrote:
> Ok fine:
>
> highlight text
>
> Ctrl C to copy text
> Ctrl V to paste text
>
>
> done.

Where were you four days ago smart guy?!??

On my new computer, the file function menu is absent from the top menu bar, so this would have been helpful a few days ago for sure. I'm not completely computer illiterate...completely being emphasized.
OK, against my better judgment I'll post one last response. Here goes...

Supersentai Wrote:
> Again, if you don't hear how you may come off as
> condescending with the "if you can't handle the
> absolute simplest part of the selling process" and
> similar comments, then you're probably way past
> helping in the people skills department.

But... in the year 2011, you just needed to be taught to copy and paste text on a computer. What else am I supposed to say? How am I suppose to dress that up to not hurt your feelings? And furthermore, why should I? You yourself previously said you weren't thin-skinned.

>
> My sales are pretty much over dude, and I was more
> than pleased with the results. If you were even
> the slightest bit interested in the item and
> decided that my lack of adding a link here was the
> SOLE basis of not inquiring further (where you
> would have likely scored the item for a song based
> upon your affiliation with this site) that is
> completely your business, but rings hollow to me.
>

Hey, what can I say? It's a pet peeve, along with sellers who type in all caps, put items in the wrong category, list them deceptively, whatever. So I avoid sellers who do these things, unless they have things I absolutely have to have. May seem weird to you, but I know I'm not alone either. If you think I posted what I did to be an ass, you're mistaken. I honestly just wanted you to know that the issue might be more important than you thought.

>
> Again, if a 1,200 feedback/100% rating on Ebay
> speaks less to you than my not being "savy" enough
> to place a link to my auction on this site, then I
> can't help you in that departent either.

Your Ebay feedback has nothing to do with this. I never saw it because you never linked to it, remember?

>I simply
> resent that you'd attempt to influence other
> people into believing that they may have cause to
> not deal with me by hysterically overemphasizing
> something so minute and innane.

You should simply read and not read into things that are written. I never once attempted to influence anyone else. I wrote that I would not buy, not that no one should buy, from someone who can't link to their auction. Hell, I can guarantee, GUARAN-FUCKIN-TEE , you that there are plenty of people here, good friends of mine included, who probably think I'm off my rocker for having the opinion of it that I do. I just give them enough credit to expect them to think for themselves and I'm sure they would appreciate it if you did the same. I suppose, in hindsight, I should have specifically directed my first comment to you. Would that have helped?

>
> If you weren't interested enough to even type
> j-u-m-b-o-s-a-u-r-u-s on Ebay, then I can't
> imagine you truly had even microscopic interest in
> the item at all (which makes me wonder why you
> even chimed in here other than just to be snarky)
> and that a link wouldn't have likely changed
> anything to do with you.

I collect a lot things. I wouldn't mind having a Jumbosaurus, but it's not a priority. If you had provided a link, I would have clicked out of curiosity, if not full on interest. But since you didn't, no, I didn't care enough about it to seek it out. If anything, the lack of a link made it feel like a waste of time clicking on the thread in the first place. If I wanted to search Ebay for Jumbosaurus, I would already have been doing so.

Anyway, whatever. It's past 3am, I'm putting myself, and this conversation, to bed. It's not worth dwelling on any further.

I guess it all gets summed up again with this snippet of "you just needed to be taught...".

Needed? If you want to make a friendly suggestion to someone (which would have been more than welcome), there is a definite way to do that, but the way you continue to communicate demonstrates a severe disconnect between your described intent and how you try to get your point across.

Maybe if you look a little deeper in my postings here, you'd realize this was an effort to help you.
You just quoted something I didn't say and then responded to it as though I did say it. Let us not speak anymore.

Dave, please look at your posting from last night, that's a direct quote.

And here are some of your other highlights:

"I don't think I would buy from someone who doesn't know how to post a link. No joke."

"If you are incapable or unwilling to perform a simple task..."

"but when a seller takes an "I don't know and I don't care" attitude"

"I think you need some improvement in how you go about promoting them"

"you're making a bad impression by showing little to no initiative"

"If you can't handle the absolute simplest part of the selling process..."

"But... in the year 2011, you just needed to be taught to copy and paste text on a computer."

"I'm putting myself, and this conversation, to bed. It's not worth dwelling on any further."

"Let us not speak anymore."

I think you would benefit from a thoughtful and honest look at how someone else might possibly take offense at the way you present your criticisms, that's all I have left to say.
Hey you're right! Taken out of context, I didn't even recognize that. My mistake, I admit.

As for all the other stuff you just quoted, I see no need to apologize for them. They're all simple truths. No name calling, no shouting, no sarcasm. I'm not walking on eggshells worrying that any word I speak might possibly offend. If the truth hurts, toughen up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2011 05:03PM by Nekrodave.
That's all I had ever hoped for and more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer