Robot animes available for streaming

Posted by H-man 
This may have been done before, but I thought it might be a good idea to compile a list of what's out there as far as classic Giant Robot (and similar genre) shows that are available on YouTube or even Netflix and Hulu - and use it a handy dandy reference guide. Sticking with English subbed/dubbed only... please add your suggestions to this thread so I can update this "master" list periodically...

YouTube

Aura Battler Dunbine - subbed
Babel II (1973) - subbed
Baxinger - subbed
Casshan - subbed
Daimos - dubbed (Filipino version)
Daikengo (under "Giant Robot D") - subbed
Daitarn 3 - subbed
Dougram - subbed
Gaogaigar
Gatchaman 1 - subbed
Gatchaman 2 - subbed
Getter Robo - subbed
Getter Robo G - subbed
Giant Gorg - subbed
Great Mazinger - subbed
Heavy Metal L-Gaim - subbed
Hurricane Polimar - subbed
Ideon - subbed
Orguss - subbed
UFO Robo Grendizer - Force Five dub
UFO Warrior Dai Apolon - subbed
Zambot 3 - dubbed
Voltes V - dubbed (Filipino version)

Hulu Plus

Aldnoah.Zero
Aquarion
Aquarion Evol
Battle of the Planets
Captain Earth
Captain Harlock
Eureka 7
Fafner ( TV series and movie )
Galaxy Express 999
Gatchaman 1
Godannar
Godmars
Gurren Lagann
Legend of Daikumaryu - Gaiking
Mazinkaiser SKL
Patlabor (TV series)
Patlabor (OAV)
Rahxephon (series and movie)
Space Adventurer Cobra (movie, first 2 episodes)
Ultraman (1966)

Netflix

Captain Harlock (2013 film)
Knights of Sidonia

Crunchyroll

Bodacious Space Pirates
Broken Blade
Captain Earth
Captain Harlock
Dai Shogun Great Revolution
Demian
DemonBane
Gaiking (the new one)
Galaxy Express 999
Go Lion
Heroman
Linebarrels of Iron
Mazinkaiser SKL
Nobunaga the Fool
Robot Girls Z
Star Driver
Super Robot Wars: OG (the OAV)
Muv Luv Alternative/ Total Eclipse
Valvrave
Vividred

Animesols.com

Gordian
New Yatterman
Yatterman
Tekkaman
Tobikage

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2014 11:12AM by H-man.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Mmm...does bittorrent count?

That's how I got my subbed Grendizer...
I'm ashamed to say that I don't bittorrent which I assume would have EVERYTHING if you look hard enough for it. But I was thinking more of ease of accessibility, which if it was on YouTube, it would be quickly and easily pull up a subbed Getter Robo G episode to watch on your phone, tablet or TV.
But the vast majority of these are unlicensed fansubs, right, so they could be pulled at any time?
fujishig
But the vast majority of these are unlicensed fansubs, right, so they could be pulled at any time?

Yeah, probably.
Well Crunchyroll's got a ton:

Bodacious Space Pirates (since you listed Harlock)
Broken Blade
Captain Earth
Captain Harlock
Dai Shogun Great Revolution
Demian
DemonBane
Gaiking (the new one)
Galaxy Express 999
Go Lion
Heroman
Linebarrels of Iron
Mazinkaiser SKL
Nobunaga the Fool
Robot Girls Z
Star Driver
Super Robot Wars: OG (the OAV)
Muv Luv Alternative/ Total Eclipse
Valvrave
Vividred
Awesome! I'll add Crunchyroll to the "Master" list...

Any Amazon Prime users out there?
While not a robot show, I recently watched Akira on Hulu plus....

There is also Crackle....I know I know, but they do have some things available. Mostly duplicates of what has already been listed. Most notibly Captain Harlock.
H-man
I'm ashamed to say that I don't bittorrent which I assume would have EVERYTHING if you look hard enough for it.

Yes and no. I looked very hard for a few bigger-name robot shows on the torrent sites. I found Getta Robo, Getta Robo G and Grandizer. No dice on Gaiking. Old Gaiking that is, new Gaiking was available.

I started watching Getta Robo. The first 10 or 12 episodes had decent subtitles. After that they switched to a different source. Different font, different spellings for characters' names and lots of misspellings and bad English. Around episode 20 the subtitles stopped.

I haven't gotten around to watching the other 2 shows I downloaded. Have you watched Grandizer Sanjeev? If so, how was it?

H-man
But I was thinking more of ease of accessibility, which if it was on YouTube, it would be quickly and easily pull up a subbed Getter Robo G episode to watch on your phone, tablet or TV.

Have you or anyone else watched these series through on Youtube? I would assume they come from the same place as the torrents, and potentially have the same problems, but if not, I'd love to hear about it.

Thank you
I've watched thru Gatchaman 2 on YouTube in its entirety and the subtitles and quality have been consistent (I know the group who did the subtitles so it was no surprise that it was well done). Seen a handful of Zambot 3 and Getter G episodes and they've been pretty good so far.
But you guys all bought the Discotek release of Mazinger Z, right? Please?
fujishig
But you guys all bought the Discotek release of Mazinger Z, right? Please?

Yep! Watched thru the first disc so far (though I have to admit, it's a bit of a chore... Koji is such a douchebag). I'm sure I'll pick up Part 2 when it comes out (also got the Harlock series from Discotek too).
Sanjeev (Admin)
Definitely bought vol 1 of the Discotek Mazinger. Will definitely buy the rest. Haven't watched any of it yet though because I still haven't finished Tranzor Z! :P

Jake
I haven't gotten around to watching the other 2 shows I downloaded. Have you watched Grandizer Sanjeev? If so, how was it?

Grendizer's good. I'm on episode 70 or so of 74 and the subs have been extremely consistent. But they're just okay...definitely Engrishy, but it's not like you won't be able to understand what's going on. Proper names are spelled "right" (given the accepted romanizations). But DAMN has this show jumped the shark...
Yeah, Discotek's Harlock and Mazinger Z, as well as the Blu release of Gatchaman, are in my queue. In other old school robot news (though not quite as old school) I've been watching Sentai's release of the Time Bokan specials (Time Bokan Royal Revival)... it's kind of crazy they released that at all, let along on Blu, considering how lost you'd be if you didn't know anything about the series or Tatsunoko heroes. And someone released Yatterman live action in English too!

What happened with that company that was streaming and crowd sourcing series?

Found it:
[animesols.com]

Add this to the streaming list:
Parts of:

Gordian
New Yatterman
Yatterman
Tekkaman
Tobikage
Done!
Is the L-Gaim subs the HK DVD bootleg (decent subs at the start, takes a nosedive about 1/3rd in, improves near end) or a fansub?

Maybe also include whether the series are available outside the US or not...

Anyone got a decent guide to BitTorrent? There's a few series I'd like to watch that are not available on DVD.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sanjeev (Admin)
thomas
Anyone got a decent guide to BitTorrent? There's a few series I'd like to watch that are not available on DVD.

I don't know if guides exist, but it's pretty damn simple. Just download any client you want like the generic one or utorrent (the one I use). Then use a public tracker site like The Pirate Bay, Kick Ass Torrents, or just google to find actual torrents. Besides those venues, and more pertinent to anime, you can join a private tracker site like Bakabt.

What you WILL wanna read up on is terms like "seed" and "leech" and understand the upload/download ratio...especially if you use a private site like Bakabt (who requires that you maintain a minimum ratio...otherwise you get booted out).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer