Comixology licenses Ishinomori manga library...

Posted by fujishig 
Well, this came as a surprise to me.

Opened up comixology (the main seller of digital comic books for tablets, phones, etc.) and saw a new banner. They basically licensed Shotaro Ishinomori's manga for digital distribution in English. They already have two volumes of Kikaider, two volumes of Cyborg 009 (which I think was released earlier by the now defunct Tokyopop) and one volume of Skullman.

DC had released a modernized remake of Kikaider, and Tokyopop had released a modernized remake of Skullman, but otherwise this is the first time that they've been available in English. And I'm sure Kamen Rider won't be far behind.

Hmm... reading some articles I guess Cyborg 009 and Kikaider were released by a small company digitally in English fairly recently.
fujishig
Opened up comixology (the main seller of digital comic books for tablets, phones, etc.) and saw a new banner. They basically licensed Shotaro Ishinomori's manga for digital distribution in English. They already have two volumes of Kikaider, two volumes of Cyborg 009 (which I think was released earlier by the now defunct Tokyopop) and one volume of Skullman.

DC had released a modernized remake of Kikaider...

The Kikaider remakes just kind of fizzled out, didn't they? I mean, they never brought over the Kikaider 02 conclusion to the story. Or did they?

As for the originals... That's kind of cool to know that they're downloadable in English. I might have to look into that.
First volumes of Inazuman, Kamen Rider, Kikaider and Skullman are only 99c right now on comixology. I mean, this is pretty much the oldest of the old school for manga (along with Tezuka) and as such is pretty dated, but c'mon, less than a buck!
I got literally all the Ishinomori on Comixology. BTW reads just fine on a real PC even if you don't got a tablet or whatever.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer