least likely action figures of great actors

Posted by asterphage 
[www.movies.com]

holy crap, there's an action figure of William H. Macy from Jurassic Park 3?? i NEED that.

also, they forgot Jean Reno's action figure from Godzilla!
(and the Tim Roth and Edward Norton figures from The Incredible Hulk)

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Sanjeev (Admin)
I kinda wanted to pick up the Hale Caesar figure from the Expendables 2 lineup (here) just to have a Terry Crews action figure! P-P-P P P P-POWER!!
In the 90's McFarlane made a Headless Horseman toy for Sleepy Hollow which included a decapitated head featuring the likeness of none other than...Christopher Walken.

--------------------------
I want YOU for Moé Sucks Army
Ahem...from my own personal collection. Everybody needs a Connery fig, geriatric ver.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2012 04:27PM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Connery 1-001.jpg (69.5 KB)
open | download - Connery 2-001.jpg (91.2 KB)
Also in that "Last Action Hero" line is one of my favorites: Arnold Schwarzenegger as "Hamlet," complete with launching skull.
Cool thread.

Mine would be Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck from Armageddon. The Mattel likenesses were kinda cool for the time. Plus they were larger than standard figures, giving more resolution to the sculpts, and the vehicles were neat.
Whoa, I didn't know they did a Last Crusade Henry Jones Sr.! That's from the Star Wars-ish line that came out when Crystal Skull was in theaters, right? I didn't see too many of the non-Crystal Skull toys from that line.

-Paul Segal

Whoopi Goldberg (Guinan) action figures from the Star Trek:TNG line. Okay, fine, Will Wheaton action figures while we're at it...

I still think the Ernest Borgnine action figure from "The Black Hole" (what, that website mentioned Robert Forster but NOT Borgnine?) wins them all...
How could they forget this guy?

"Your Highness, there's nothing more we can do tonight. The shield doors must be closed."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2012 01:35PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - Review_MajorBrenDerlinTSC04.jpg (119.2 KB)
mcfitch (Admin)
I would love if he came with a postal bag.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
I would love to see a bunch of these figures redone as if they were just supposed to be the actor, with outfits repainted and smoothed over when necessary to look like regular clothes.

For instance, I took my 12" Count Dooku and put him in a sixth scale black suit, so now he's just the dapper and dashing Sir Christopher Lee.

-Paul Segal

Stephen Collin's "Decker" (lack of) Action Figure from Star Trek (Yaaaaawwwwn) I.

If 7th Heaven doesn't qualify as "great acting", I don't know what would...
Do these toys of Christophers Lloyd and Plummer count?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2012 07:20PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - st_kruge.JPG (118 KB)
open | download - st_chaang.JPG (119.2 KB)
Ker-Plahhh!

I'm not sure what form of offenive space stereotype Plummer was attempting to perpetrate...but mission accomplished.

Lloyd likewise donned the weird as a Klingon...did Steve Leviatan ever write a Star Trek movie script?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer