Golden Gate Riot: My new comic book.

Posted by Ginrai 
The point is to carry heavy shit and protect you from small arms in urban combat situations. The idea is similar to the real world HULC, plus ballistic vests, et cetera. It's pretty outclassed by tanks. You aren't typically encountering tanks in cities. Don't worry, we will include tech notes in the English comic.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Ginrai Wrote:
> Don't worry, we will include tech notes in the
> English comic.

Can't wait. I LOVE technical notes.

...will there be a map? :3

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2012 11:09AM by asterphage.
I was thinking about doing a map, but I'm not sure. The artist is not exactly a cartographer and I can't exactly trace a map without violating a copyright and shit. Not show how to do this.

-Ginrai
Well, considering that your protagonists are outlaw-rebel-types, you could always do a hand-drawn style map, showing the relative locations of important places, events and routes, as understood by the characters - without being to scale or accurate to the landscape. The kind of thing that someone in this world might jot down to explain what happened and where it happened, but up to your artist's skill and comfort level.

Of course, that's only if laying out the locations would actually help the story. It might be redundant.

-Paul Segal

Wow really loving your style a lot.
Would you ever consider doing a pin-up art swap?
My partner and I have Robot God Akamatsu : [www.robotgodakamatsu.com] and have been doing art swaps with various creators as a form of cross promotion.
Let me know if you'd be interested or not via pm.
All the best with your project :)

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
[www.frankiebwashington.com]
[www.joggingwithllamas.blogspot.com]
Thanks Frankie, but you want to be talking to the artist, Jeik Dion, not me. His blog is here: [jeikdion.blogspot.com]

He's also on Twitter as @jeikdion and on Facebook as well.

-Ginrai
Ginrai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Frankie, but you want to be talking to the
> artist, Jeik Dion, not me. His blog is here:
> [jeikdion.blogspot.com]
>
> He's also on Twitter as @jeikdion and on Facebook
> as well.

Okay - I'll reach out to him.

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
[www.frankiebwashington.com]
[www.joggingwithllamas.blogspot.com]
No problem!

-Ginrai
Just a little update here, folks. Golden Gate Riot is pretty much finished at this point. Art revisions are in, hand lettering is done, and there's an all new cover for the English edition. I should have a few copies on hand with me at San Diego Comic-Con this weekend. Also my comics site should be up tomorrow and will officially launch in a couple of weeks. We'll be serializing Golden Gate Riot and follow ups as well as other comics I've written on the website, [www.destroyallcomics.com]. You'll also be able to buy the completed book in digital and physical formats when we start serialization, so you won't have to wait to get the whole story if you don't want to.

Here's a preview of the new English cover with art by Jeik Dion:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2012 06:00PM by Ginrai.
Okay the basic website is up at [www.destroyallcomics.com]!

The new cover and first page of Golden Gate Riot are now up there. Print stuff to come soon.

-Ginrai
Okay, my comics site is officially launched! Revised cover and the first two pages of Golden Gate Riot are now up, along with a one page space cowgirl gag strip. I'll be updating every Wednesday from here on out. Let me know if you have any feedback!

[www.destroyallcomics.com]

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2012 10:45AM by Ginrai.
I put up a new page of Golden Gate Riot! Power armor is coming in the next update...

-Ginrai
So I posted a new page of Golden Gate Riot introducing the Cuauhtli (kw-out-lee) power armor.

I also put up a related blog post about the real life development of the design, including preliminary designs by three different artists as well as a turnaround drawing of the final design. Hope you like it... we think the final design is pretty mechanically sound.

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2012 10:54AM by Ginrai.
MSW
Looks good! I like it, but it's much too wide to be realistic...However it Looks good none the less.
I'm afraid I am not following you. How is width related to realism?

-Ginrai
I think he means it's too wide for the pilot's arms to be inside the suit's arms, given the height of the suit.

-Paul Segal

Who says the human arms go all the down down in the armored arms?

Anyway, I there's a new page of Golden Gate Riot up today: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Well, I think the shoulders are too high for the pilot's forearms to be inside the suit's upper arms. Looking at the final design, I assumed the pilot's arms were folded in front of them, holding controls. Anyway, that's why we need a lovingly detailed 80s-style cutaway diagram!

-Paul Segal

Oh yeah! I put up a new page of Golden Gate Riot yesterday. Did I forget to mention that? I did. I also wrote a blog post about Ninja Turtles.

-Ginrai
To celebrate the fact I have more than 500 followers on Twitter now, I posted another page of Golden Gate Riot up at [www.destroyallcomics.com]!

-Ginrai
I put up a new comic today, along with a blog post about my teenage days of going deaf at concerts. Includes actual grainy vintage concert footage of shows I went to in the '90s!

-Ginrai
Hey folks, I put up a new page of Golden Gate Riot and wrote about blog review about Jim Henson's Tale of Sand. Which it is a beautiful comic, I totally called him out for his sexism and I'm expecting blowback soon. Yay!

-Ginrai
So there's a new page of Golden Gate Riot up, plus the artist, Jeik appeared on Canadian TV, along with our comic!

Check out the comic at [www.destroyallcomics.com]!

I'm really excited, even though it was on cable TV, in Canada, in French. It's still coverage, dammit. If you are in Canada, you can actually see the video, but the damn thing seems to be region-locked, so I haven't been able to watch it.

[www.tou.tv] is the video.

-Ginrai

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2012 01:33AM by Ginrai.
Okay new page of Golden Gate Riot up! Also we're going to be at Alternative Press Expo 2012 in San Francisco October 13-14 and we'll be selling English copies of the book for the first time ever! They will be available online shortly after that!

-Ginrai
As usual there's a new page of Golden Gate Riot up on [www.destroyallcomics.com], but check this out:

Actual printed copies of the book. It's a real thing. After we sell books at Alternative Press Expo this weekend, I'll be selling them online.

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Awesome!
You can now buy actual physical copies of Golden Gate Riot in English. Link: [www.destroyallcomics.com]

If you want international shipping, please message me with your address so I can figure that out. I haven't figured out how you get Paypal to calculate international shipping. If anyone knows, please tell me.

-Ginrai
Got a new page of Golden Gate Riot up, plus a blog on Ryan Cecil Smith's S.F. Supplementary File #1. I feel like some people here would dig his work since he's really influenced by Leiji Matsumoto and even did his own take on Galaxy Express 999.

Also, I've only sold 10 copies of Golden Gate Riot, including the ones I sold at Alternative Press Expo, so tell all your friends about, it please!

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2012 01:37PM by Ginrai.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer