new Godzilla comic from James Stokoe (and a Gojira xenomorph!)

Posted by asterphage 
[www.comicsalliance.com]

this looks amazing

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2012 01:35PM by asterphage.
oh and as a supplementary item, this post has an older Godzilla fancomic that Stokoe did, basically the introduction to a (presumably never completed) longer work:
[royalboiler.livejournal.com]

-Paul Segal

Looks good. If I bought the current mini-series of the past year, I'll also certainly try this new one out.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wasn't the current series pretty much garbage? I think I got the first one, read it, and promptly gave it away or something. Utterly forgettable.

This new series looks like it could be cool though...
If nothing else, Stokoe's art is always a joy.

But he's got a high bar to reach!!

-Paul Segal

I like the art so much more for this new series, than the current series. This may be worth picking up.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
James Stokoe posted this to his Twitter yesterday, answering the dreams of many a fanboy - a Godzilla xenomorph:

-Paul Segal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2012 01:32PM by asterphage.
Attachments:
open | download - gojiramorph.jpg (122.6 KB)

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev (Admin)
I think this comes out this month!
Apparently, out today. This looks fantastic:

[forum.idwpublishing.com]

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
I'll wait for the trade, because I prefer collections and I assume this is going to sell well anyway. That variant #1 cover is pretty awesome, though. I could see this on a t-shirt:

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev (Admin)
I tend to prefer trades as well, but should we not "show support" by buying the first prints of the book when they come out? Voting with one's dollar, as it were?

Anyway, I really like that variant cover...but I just looked at that IDW forum link Hillsy posted: the version of Godzilla attacking 1954 Japan is Mire-Goji (Millenium-era Godzilla)??? That's kinda lame--I'd much rather him be the original Shodai-Goji.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> I tend to prefer trades as well, but should we not
> "show support" by buying the first prints of the
> book when they come out? Voting with one's dollar,
> as it were?

The tough thing is, to really vote with your dollars at the comics shop, you have to go place a pre-order for the issue before your local store makes its order from the distributor.

I think I've linked it before, but Eric Stephenson of Image Comics runs down how that works, and how publishers would rather get big preorders than sell out of a short print run, here:
[it-sparkles.blogspot.com]

> Anyway, I really like that variant cover...but I
> just looked at that IDW forum link Hillsy posted:
> the version of Godzilla attacking 1954 Japan is
> Mire-Goji (Millenium-era Godzilla)??? That's kinda
> lame--I'd much rather him be the original
> Shodai-Goji.

I think that's because of the century-spanning serial story, which will pass through the history of Godzilla to the present day. They had to choose one consistent look, it being the same monster all these years, and picked the modern one.

-Paul Segal

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer