How would you build a 20ft robot?

Posted by Mike Parisi 
Aw yeah! The head and hands look great.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Thx! The head is going to get a lot more attention, and yes, there will be fire up there.
NiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiCE!!!

I can sit back like every other armchair robot-builder and imagine how I'd do with a task like this, but man, I'd be hard pressed to have actually put something together that nice. Congratulations! That's monumental!
Has this made your local news website yet? ;)

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Ha...no, stuff like this is kinda' common in the SF bay area. And, it only goes "up" for a short period of time to get an idea of how all the peices are working together.
Dorkbot

Sanjeev (Admin)
Haha...that's actually a pretty bitchin' picture!
Oh HELL yeah!

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Dragun Recyclatron on the playa.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2012 11:53AM by Mike Parisi.
Oh Yeah.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2012 11:54AM by Mike Parisi.
Serious frickin' party....

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2012 12:15PM by Mike Parisi.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wow, look at all those Young Republicans celebrating a return to traditional family values!

:P

Seriously...naked chicks dig giant robots.
Naked chicks and giant robots are such a great combo in the desert. Brought a 'lil tear to my dust-filled eye.
BTW, If anyone in the Bay Area would like to own this robot, I can arrange that :)
I want this robot:

[www.youtube.com]

What a sight to see!
Sanjeev (Admin)
The ante has been upped...now you gotta add flamethrowers to Recyclotron!
The robot looks awesome. Like a live action Dougram movie.

So what party is that for? Is it burning man or something like that?
Yep. The most epic party on the planet. What's amazing is because of the popularity of Distrikt, the robot is landing all over the world as a backdrop to this insane event. I've seen it in several foreign/domestic online newspapers. Recyclatron Dragun made it's mark somehow. One last pic...there were motors in the arms; here he is doing "The Man" pose in front of a zillion revelers.

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2012 11:37AM by Mike Parisi.
Anonymous User
Jeebus....1.6 million hits already? Y'all know this has nothing to do with hot chicks/boobs, it's the robot. You did notice the robot...right?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer