where to watch anime

Posted by asterphage 
on the sci-fi channel:
[www.eldar.org]

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Demon City Shinjuku

Edited to remove large chunks of adult language and mature themes

Considering the tone of that OVA, I wonder how much they had left of the story...
I want to trade tapes, now.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
I still have a PILE of anime taped off the sci-fi channel in my parents' house.

I might even still own some VHS fansubs.

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev (Admin)
Haha...I most definitely still have a crate or two of VHS fansubs! Man...the fucking tape's probably all melted together by now...
I....may or may not...have some old Beta tapes, along with a pile of VHS tapes. Def have some raw and fansubs, in there. The tribulations of a packrat.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
I have a volume of Voltron on Betamax, but I found that randomly many years after its release (along with one of the Devo home videos).

-Paul Segal

Yeah, I still have tons of VHS fansubs that I've been meaning to convert to DVD format... I hope they're surviving in the garage... I've got some nice ones I definitely want to keep for the long term like Gatchaman II, Future Boy Conan,Cyborg 009, and the various Go Nagai Super Robot movies.
I bought a VHS to DVD machine, recently, to do just that....damn, VHS looks like shit on a plasma. Made me rethink the whole process

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
> damn, VHS looks like shit on a plasma. Made me
> rethink the whole process

Hah! On the other hand, I've been almost entirely pleased with how well blu-ray players upscale DVD video to HD.

-Paul Segal

hillsy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bought a VHS to DVD machine, recently, to do
> just that....damn, VHS looks like shit on a
> plasma. Made me rethink the whole process

Yeah... you really need to retain a good old fashioned tube television to watch your old tapes. Keep it tucked away in the corner of your man cave for rainy day anime watching...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer