What is this

Posted by VF5SS 

and why are the rear wheels melting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 02:37PM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - missilejeepthing.JPG (154.2 KB)
My guess is plasticizers leaching out of the rubber affected the grey plastic.

I would also like to know what it is.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
It has a funky "WNR" mark underneath.
I feel like someone did ID this thing or I saw someone say what it was. It was designed to have a pullback motor but this release has the appropriate slots covered up.
Has the look of a 'Stomper' class of motorised car, popular in the '80s.

Yeah, that sure looks like vinyl melt on those wheels. Altho that plastic may have been pressed against or resting on something that caused an chemical interaction and not the tires.
Well, this Stompers catalog gallery shows some military vehicles, and some sci-fi oddballs, but nothing that I've noticed matches Veef's toy, though there are some cool halftracks and stuff in the military assortment.

and check out the "Future Force"!

and the "Water Demons" / "Amphibians"!

and WHATEVER this Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors nonsense is!

I never realized Stompers had anything that cool.

Anyway, if Veef's toy is from some minor copycat line, it may be harder to track down. Certainly not Matchbox's "Rough Riders", which Wikipedia mentions as a Stompers copycat, because there's no Matchbox logo.

-Paul Segal

oh hey it's the truck that the Autobot's spaceship's probe scanned to help repair Optimus Prime
Sanjeev (Admin)
Holy SHIT...

I totally had the huge blue tank in the back in this pic:

The whole top half detached and unfolded to form a pretty sweet base, IIRC. The bottom was a batt-op tank that trundled forwards or back via a switch.

I remember enjoying the hell outta that thing, but even though the dark blue is more gritty/realistic, it made for something mostly visually uninteresting...

Oh, and the wee pilot figures totally evoked a Diaclone vibe! They were a little bigger, I think...but higher quality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 05:37PM by Sanjeev.
I kinda want that blue one in front with all the red spikes. It's so ridiculous that I can't even argue with the design in any way. Merely looking at it forces me to accept that it's cool.

The triple-hulled water-based one, though, is cool on any terms, as are the hovercraft and treaded thing with the large cockpit

-Paul Segal

Bandai made a line of friction toys in the 80s for the US. I can't recall the name of them. The toy VF5SS posted looks like a oversized version of one of them.
Attachments:
open | download - P1010075.jpg (74.5 KB)
Sanjeev, lucky devil. Kinda Star Mites vibe on the red 'cutter' guy. Loving the whole thing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer