Rise of the Beasts by LittleRubberGuys

Posted by Scopedog 
Hey guys look:

[riseofthebeasts.com]
[www.kickstarter.com]

Lambaste away!

--------------------------
I want YOU for Moé Sucks Army

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2012 11:41AM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - rotb_series_1_600.jpg (77.2 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Whoa...

It's like Soul of Battle Beasts! :P
Will there be celebrities?

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Prometheum5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will there be celebrities?

Gosh I hope not they seen to give me a unhealthy bent.

--------------------------
I want YOU for Moé Sucks Army
I actually really like the lizard and dino guys. Not sure there's enough detail about the final product for me to pledge, but if these succeed and look good I'd probably pick a couple up.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
I really like these. Only complaint is I wish they'd stick to a scale/proportion.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I *really* like the komodo dragon and the gorilla (Gargantuan Gorilla was actually one of my favorite BBs when I was little). But I have to kinda/sorta agree with lil b: I don't mind the modernized "realistic" proportions, but these guys apparently stand about half an inch taller than the original Battle Beasts. And I'm a scale-whore...so that's gonna fuck with me. If they were the exact same height, I probably wouldn't hesitate.

I'll still probably throw down for a painted set though...
Sanjeev (Admin)
Less than a couple days left to go, and it looks like they've made well over their goal! Go, John!!

I recommend the $30 pledge: all four figures--painted. You could do worse for $7+ per figure. And you probably already have! :P
Sanjeev (Admin)
Not sure why I keep plugging this project, but for anyone interested, here's a shot of one of the dudes from Wave 3:

Well, not my thing (I'd prefer to see more exaggerated proportions and more cartoony designs) but I hope the project does get off the ground!

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
I tend to agree (on the preference for chunkier proportions), but I think these will still be cool rendered in full color and indestructible PVC. With the addition of basic joints and weapons, I see these more as multi-racial (HA!) Thundercats toys than traditional Battle Beasts.

Anyway, it looks like John/Plastic !magination will NOT be crowd-sourcing this project afterall. John just posted this on LRG:
"Hey guys, something sweet has come up. I have been Skyping for about an hour with P!. The figures will still be coming out, there is just no longer a need to tie up your guys's cash for 4 months.

First figures will be here in June.

I was pretty bummed that they asked me to cancel the Kickstarter, but I was jazzed when I found out why. I'll let you know details as soon as I get the OK."

Wonder what they got planned...
And in the meantime, someone needs to initiate a hero/villian creature kaijyu line with more, how shall we say, Kingpin-esque musculature. How about a line, part Homies, part Yokai/Yurei with a bunch of couchpotato and Fat Albert inspired features. They can still carry mad axes and other weapons...they just can't pick them up.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hey...the Kingpin was just big-boned.
WOW - These are SUH-WEEEEEEEEET!!!!
I'll post the Kickstarter campaign on FB to help generate some buzz.
I hope this goes well for you guys.
Hey I just went on the KickStarter Campaign and it was cancelled :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer