Yurei Attack! The Japanese Ghost Survival Guide

Posted by MattAlt 
MattAlt (Admin)
Big news! Hiroko and I wrote a sequel to Yokai Attack! It's coming out this spring. We even included a section about yurei toys. More info here:

[altjapan.typepad.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2012 07:56PM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - Yurei Attack Cover.jpg (205 KB)
You guys really went all out with this one! Just the glimpses of the preview illustrations give me the heebeejeebees. How do you sleep at night with that stuff just waiting to hop off your bookshelves and KEEEL you's?!

This guide will probably make lots of character designs, especially the baddies, in video games we've played over the years, anime we've watched, old films, etc, make much more sense with some backstory context.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 08:38PM by repairtechjon.
MattAlt (Admin)
That's the general idea! Thanks for the support. I'll be posting more info as we get closer to release.
As an aside, to anyone who hasn't gotten Ninja Attack, yet....shame on you. And congratulations for being a hobo. Luckily, Kinokuniya (at least the one here in Seattle) is blowing them out for $5.99.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
MattAlt (Admin)
Not that I wouldn't advise anyone to pick up a copy that cheaply, but we're actually releasing a totally revised & improved version of Ninja Attack in a few months.
Oh...uhhh....hrrrm....that was what you meant.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
MattAlt (Admin)
Advance copies just arrived... Only a couple weeks until the revised editions of Yokai & Ninja Attack and Yurei Attack go on sale!!

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2012 08:10PM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - books3.jpg (358.3 KB)
It can haz more full-color illustrations now?
MattAlt (Admin)
Every single page, now in color! Plus new yokai & ninja profiles! POWER UP!
mcfitch (Admin)
Sweet news! I still need Ninja Attack because as Hillsy pointed out I'm a total hobo. That and I'll buy a color version of Yokai Attack. Keep us posted.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
MattAlt (Admin)
Damn straight!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2012 12:04AM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - tengu.jpg (321.7 KB)
That shirt is worthy of Kawamori himself.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
MattAlt (Admin)
YUREI ATTACK: ZA MOVIE (uh, trailer)

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer