> > painful the larger the breasts are.
>
> This is sound reasoning but it's just worlds apart
> from the actual concerns of the creators of the
> Code Geass anime. Which are more along the lines
> of, "How can we get Kallen's breasts or ass on
> screen in every shot that's not a robot fight or
> Lelouch smirking?"

You're BOTH right! There were several doods without legs who were among the best WWII pilots for that very reason. Their lack of lower limbs meant that they could push higher g-forces without blackout out because of blood pooling in their legs. The same effect is one of the reasons you don't see forward facing airplanes zooming around the sky. And the same reason why most Newtypes should be double amputees for the sake of scientific accuracy.

Now, really think about that. How crazy would the fan service become with legless gals in vulva gripping body stockings? Wait. That's a rhetorical question I'm sure the internet has already answered hundreds of thousands of times over.
[p-bandai.jp]

hey look it's Reinhard from Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Gcrush Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now, really think about that. How crazy would the
> fan service become with legless gals in vulva
> gripping body stockings? Wait. That's a
> rhetorical question I'm sure the internet has
> already answered hundreds of thousands of times
> over.

There's even a fan-made visual novel that features nothing but handicapped characters. Unfortunately, it follows the "handicapped people are tragic sad persons that need to be helped with everything"-stance that will enrage any truly handicapped person who doesn't suffer from a serious mental deficiency (because pity ≠ true help). And of course it's a visual novel with a harem plot, so your handicapped hero/serial loser needs to help handicapped girls (including sex0rs, AFAIK - nevermind that the hero's condition would likely kill him in bed...)
VF5SS Wrote:
> [p-bandai.jp]
>
> hey look it's Reinhard from Legend of the Galactic
> Heroes

Who is the target market for this? I know women like Saint Seiya, but do fujoshi really buy Saint Seiya merchandise?

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
I believe there is a long standing tradition of girls going crazy for Saint Seiya merchandise.

Even back in the day. Which is why there was a mini explosion of boys in armor shows in the late 80's to mide 90's.
The implied and apparently unintentional homoeroticism didn't help, nor did the 99% male cast mostly consisting of long-haired yet manly yet sensitive pretty boys.
The author of LoGH also denies any homoeroticism between all the Space Germans (who are fascinating people) and also the space Americans on the other side of the war. Even though Schenkopff basically acts more like Yang Wen-Li's nagging wife than Yan's actual wife.

"C'mon Yang, lead our revolution against the Empire~"

"Nope. Just gonna drink a bit."

For like 30 episodes.
Here's the thing about Daryl. He wants anime to be for normal people.

I'm fine with as it is, for crazy ronery otaku.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
MSW
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> Here's the thing about Daryl. He wants anime to be
> for normal people.
>
> I'm fine with as it is, for crazy ronery otaku.

Why can't anime be for BOTH kinds of people?
>Why can't anime be for BOTH kinds of people?

Er, true.

Anime is for the juvenile of either body or mind.
[www.animenewsnetwork.com]

"Macross Zero sports dogfights and mecha design worthy of the franchise, but its plot is a bunch of pseudo-spiritualistic crap courtesy of original co-director Shoji Kawamori, who still has great ideas but should probably be kept away from scripting duties. The series also, like Macross II, introduces us to a whole new set of characters that nobody cares about and will never again be referenced in the Macross lexicon. "

Toole-san, this is what happens when you constantly listen to people like Daryl and end up parroting arguments he's made before :3

If only you had a website, a kind of anime information station, that could help you avoid these errors.

Macross being more controversial than Hitler means you need to keep the facts straight.
[www.animenewsnetwork.com]

Gundam 0080 didn't have as much merchandising?

wat

they see Macross rollin'

they hatin'
VF5SS Wrote:
> [www.animenewsnetwork.com]
>
>
> Gundam 0080 didn't have as much merchandising?
>
> wat
>
> they see Macross rollin'
>
> they hatin'

Yeah, it's kind of strange, and sadly that's what happens when you're either a. not paying attention when it happens or b. not there when it happens in the first place.

0080 got a decent merchandise push, much better than the later 0083. It was part of that on-again off-again desire of Sunrise and Bandai to think about selling Gundam to America, linked with the Char's Counterattack movie.

I *suspect* what they meant to say, or thought they were saying, was Gundam 0080 doesn't get as much love NOW compared to other short-form Gundam efforts. I suspect that is because of that strange attempt to ret-con various terms, such as the oddly used 'U.N.T. Spacy' markings, which were 'da bomb' for a few years then vanished completely when Katoki started spraying E.F.S.F. on everything.
SteveH Wrote:

> I *suspect* what they meant to say, or thought
> they were saying, was Gundam 0080 doesn't get as
> much love NOW compared to other short-form Gundam
> efforts.

(copy paste the link)

no?

Once you got two GMs and a Guncannon in your line, you're past the baseline for Gundam merch :v

> I suspect that is because of that strange
> attempt to ret-con various terms, such as the
> oddly used 'U.N.T. Spacy' markings, which were 'da
> bomb' for a few years then vanished completely
> when Katoki started spraying E.F.S.F. on
> everything.

what?

Nobody cares about that. I think they even redid what it meant to shoehorn it into standardized Gundam. Nobody gets too uppity over stickers unless they're Transformers fans :>
Again, going back to the day, Gundam 0080 got a larger model kit push, albeit not without odd and strange gaps. 0083 really got the short end of the stick WHEN IT CAME OUT. This has reversed in recent history with just about every single MS shown in 0083 getting a HG kit. Did they ever re-do that lackluster Kaempfer as a full-on HGUC kit? I see they did make a HGUC NT-1.

Man, the HGUC line is pretty comprehensive now! I'm surprised they haven't dipped more into MSV land by now. :)
>Did they ever re-do that lackluster Kaempfer as a full-on HGUC kit?

[www.dalong.net]

Every MS from 0080 has a HGUC kit

except the GM Sniper II

because Bandai hates you
SteveH Wrote:
> Again, going back to the day, Gundam 0080 got a
> larger model kit push, albeit not without odd and
> strange gaps.

What? They did the Alex, Kampfer, the Zaku, Dom and Gelgoog, the Zgok and Hygog, and both main GMs. The Sniper 2, Guncannon and Cold Climate Type were left out, but that doesn't seem odd to me.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
The GM Sniper II was a very popular subject for Garage Kits. Especially conversion kits for the existing GM Commandos
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer