Leaving TBDX (for real).

Posted by Vincent Z. 
I don't need comments like this.

"With all due respect, Vince. Go eat a bullet."

I'll still be on CDX/Otaku CDX though.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2012 10:43PM by Vincent Z..
Thanks. I'll still browse and maybe might sell some stuff in the future here. Just I know that my pro otaku views aren't needed here.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
MattAlt (Admin)
I agree. That went too far. I think the original poster owes you an apology. I have deleted the original post, if you want to edit yours to remove the remark.

Sorry to see you go, but perhaps you'll find the camaraderie you're looking for elsewhere. You're welcome back anytime.
MattAlt (Admin)
"that my pro otaku views aren't needed here."

This site that worships at the altar of otaku-ism, or at least the things that created the otaku, so I think you know that isn't really the problem. But I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and once again, you're welcome here anytime as far as I'm concerned.
I've been tempted to leave for some time. I figured now was a good time.

I'll still post here from time to time, just less often then.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2011 08:14PM by Vincent Z..
I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings Vince. I have no want for you to kill yourself, nor does anyone else. Your pro-otaku attitude is not what set that off. I've sent you a PM addressing this if you want to start a dialogue. Best wishes, sir.
cae
geez, I've been kinda leaving it for years. Work your own side of the street, wouldja?

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
cae Wrote:
> geez, I've been kinda leaving it for years. Work
> your own side of the street, wouldja?

Hah! I am a serial messageboard-leaver, myself. I count my blessings every day that I haven't fallen off the wagon and gone back to 4chan.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Yeah Paul just uses me as a proxy for 4chan

Meesa your humble servant
Hey, Vincent.

I honestly didn't see wherever the post that spurred this was, but for what it's worth, I think it's too bad to see you go.

I don't always agree with your opinions, but I appreciate your presence here. It's... actually helpful to have the 'dissenting' voice sometimes, and often enough I actually do agree with you and am glad that someone speaks up, since I myself am rather quiet.

Ahaha, perhaps some of that came out the wrong way? In any case, good luck!
Ok, you guys convinced me to stay.

BUT.

I'll mostly be just browsing and refrain from posting unless it's something of interest. Sound good?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Shit. I ain't ever leaving. You guys will have to draw straws to see who gets to cart my fat carcass out of here.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
josh fraser (Moderator)
I left over 10 years ago. Sometime after I got "Toyboxer of the year" Macaulay Culkin award, since I figured it would be all downhill from there. I am simply a computer program that has been typing for Josh since Jan of 2000.
The old acerbic tolerance for oddballs and rascals is markedly decreased in recently, often replaced with some fierce "get out now" type dialogues
at times. Trying to understand what's happening.
Now I'M leaving...made a reference in a recent posting to my wife and I welcoming our daughter to the world last week...not one con-frig-frag-yule-ations from the lot of you turds. And this being our second child, I know a little something about turds let me tell you that for your knowing as were.
Sanjeev (Admin)
The "out of the loop" thread doesn't count (see? I used the Search function!). :P

But congratulations anyway!
josh fraser (Moderator)
Yeah seriously. Post important stuff like that in its own OT thread.

;-)

Congrats.
okay...well, that's better...yeah.

Wife and I just finished watching Brides Maids (SNL-ish production), funny enough to be worth watching when you can't leave your house ever again. Now looking forward to the 3:30 feeding where I get to tap my Tivo for t-cats and Yung Justeece.

thanks ;-}
Sanjeev (Admin)
Dude. Now's the time: bittorrent whole shows. Save your sanity.
Last baby I watched the Yamato series, Borgman, Grendizer (in Arabic of course), G1 Transformers, Gundam Wing, and GaoGaiGar in their respective entireties. Then Lois and Clark and Sex in the City...that's right...Mrs. Ferris Bueller herself in all of her snarky and nicotine coated enebriated glory.
"But anyway, screw this. Anytime people point out that you use double standards, ignorance instead of facts, and strawmans in your argumentation against "people who are not into mainstream (sic) anime", you wave it away by saying we're wrong. You are about as bad as those inane religious fundamentalists (minus the killing of unbelievers)."

Uh huh. Nice comments there buddy.

Actually the real reason I'm leaving is there's just too much dead air here. Nobody even talks about toys (or at least new releases) anymore. Plus peoples personal politics and nerd hierarchy get in the way of conversation. No hard feelings then.

I'll continue to be on Collection DX and especially Otaku CDX though.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
MSW
Can't say I blame you. You have been the designated whipping boy on here for too long. Good Luck.
Forums are dying because twitter and FB are better obviously
I guess one limitation of a site that is dedicated primarily to toys that stopped coming off the shelves in the early eighties is that you invariably run out of things to talk about.

I still enjoy bouncing here to soak up the nerd toy talk, it fills up my tanks in an area where I don't get to talk this variation of turkey with people in person so much anymore. It's comforting to me between moves on chess.com.
What if we had like some new-er people coming here

And a new-er forum setup

To make it bet-er-er

To er is human
VF5SS Wrote:
> What if we had like some new-er people coming here

there's no solution to the aging TBDX population. soon enough we'll all be posting from Roujin Z robot beds

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
I think that this applies....
Attachments:
open | download - 6806774579_88096cb966.jpg (46.3 KB)
MSW
fel9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that this applies....

:rollseyes:

And so the circle-jerk continues.
Seriously though. Vincent is being a huge drama queen about this. Either leave, or don't - there's no point in coming back again and again just to complain about how he disagrees with other TBDX members' opinions on anime, and then getting all huffy when they continue to disagree with him.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
To be fair, guys, he does have a couple points.

Conflicting opinions aside, you guys totally do kinda beat on Vincent. I'm not going to lie, it makes me scared to open my mouth sometimes, especially if I happen to be agreeing with him on something. I can't help feeling there is something a little off about feeling worried when I find myself in agreement with a particular person, with little to no bearing on the particular topic.

Also, it is true that some sections of the board are rather slow at times. Granted, I suppose I don't have much ground on that since I myself don't actually post too much, partially due to the above social worries. But I digress. Clearly I need to actually start speaking up even when I disagree with people.

Anyways, baibai, Vincent. I may disagree with you often enough, but I don't dislike you. Take care of yourself!
MaidenLili Wrote:
>
> Conflicting opinions aside, you guys totally do
> kinda beat on Vincent. I'm not going to lie, it
> makes me scared to open my mouth sometimes,
> especially if I happen to be agreeing with him on
> something. I can't help feeling there is something
> a little off about feeling worried when I find
> myself in agreement with a particular person, with
> little to no bearing on the particular topic.

Hey, I've known Vincent for more than ten years now. I have no desire to needlessly beat up on the guy. But if he's going to be coming around and pushing for his opinions, preaching them to people he knows disagree with him, I want him to make a sincere argument that leaves the topic up for discussion.

When Vincent initiates or joins non-toy-related discussions around here, the flavor of his argument tends to be that certain types of fan are persecuting other types of fan because they don't like the same things. This type of accusation is not intellectually honest, and it's not productive.

If he's going to insist that we take his tastes seriously, he should defend them in a way that others can understand. Instead, he seems to be insisting that it's wrong to question anyone's tastes. If we accept that, it entirely closes off the matter for discussion.

From what you've posted in the past, when you've occasionally taken a stand in one of our more heated threads, I've only ever seen you make an argument from specific examples, toward a specific point - rather the opposite of Vincent's pallid stereotypes and overtones of fandom warfare.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
To be honest I think people here wouldn't get on you in particular for liking stuff like Busou Shinki because you're a girl :v

You have to understand Vince has been doing this stuff for years. And to bring gender into this, not saying you watch Kaaaay On but when girls watch it people don't care as much. When Vinnie watches it and then buys a figma of submissive cat girl so he can posts pics of him feeding it strawberries on his DA account nestled between his pregnant anime girl art, people can have a negative view of someone.

Like my female friends have no issue wanting the dudes in the room to join in their discussion of breasts because we're all nerds in the end, but if I did that in other places eith other people, it gets uncomfortable.

I guess what I'm getting at is Vinnie makes people annoyed and uncomfortable a lot with what he discusses so people associate their distaste with him with those subjects.
VF5SS Wrote:
>
> Like my female friends have no issue wanting the
> dudes in the room to join in their discussion of
> breasts because we're all nerds in the end, but if
> I did that in other places eith other people, it
> gets uncomfortable.

Well that's different because your female friends use that as a trick to make your male friends stop talking about robots :y

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Not all the time. Sometimes they legit wanna talk about breasts. I guess it's important to them for some reason :v
I do wish to clarify that I don't want Maidenlili to discuss breasts, as just like as Paul says to me that in male dominated venues,the guys will let girls talk about whatever for some reason :x

We should go back to talking about Aquarion because that is a perfecting mounting for boys and girls with real change :3
Maybe women wouldn't be so alienated in our fandom if we didn't have so many dick-measuring contests.

But then, that's true in most fandoms.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
...I like my breasts. That's all I'm saying.

I also love Aquarion, but you already knew that about me. Clearly threesome-powered robots are the way of the future. I want a follow-up EVOL version of the Aquarion chogokin, preferably with somewhat less train-wreck than the original GD-99 version (which is still one of my favourite toys). Threesome optional, I guess. On second thought... eww. No, no figure threesomes. I'll just take the 'bot.

On the note of breasts and Aquarion, I was considering a Zessica cosplay, but my boyfriend vetoed it lickety-split. Oh well. I guess that means I don't have to cut my hair now.

er... did Vincent's goodbye thread get massively hijacked? I guess we're still kinda on-topic, though.
Eh if you wanted to do Zessica, her most modest outfit is her pilot suit because now she has a dress that is ok until you see how she shows off Japan's soft power.

But yeah a new Aquarion Evol Dx would be ideal. I've heard rumors that like Macross Froniter, Bandai wasn't committed to sponsoring the first Aquarion until the show was mostly underway so the toys were just as rushed.
Warning: MaidenLili is a shill account for Vincent...this is how he always planned the evolution of his advocacy for turning Toybox into "let's talk naughtly pre-pubescent girly anime.com".

As a woman, nobody will question him bringing up his typical schtick, or stand in his way of realizing his glorious new vision of this site! Masterfully played.

I am basing this completely on conjecture, but firmly stand by this deduction.
. . . See my above assertion about being too frightened to speak up.

I sincerely hope you're just kidding.

= O w o =
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer