SUCKLORD TV

Posted by Mike Parisi 
[www.foxnews.com]

--------------------------
I want YOU for MoƩ Sucks Army
Ew,...

Ok, tonight is the premiere!

[www.bravotv.com]
I'm pretty psyched to see this show. I think Sucklord's "persona" is pretty ridiculous and funny. I love watching him on toybreak :)

I SO can't wait to see it tonight. I hope sucklord doesn't get kicked off too early on.

And I'm an artist. Most people seem to think that's pretty cool when I tell them what I do. I've always felt that whatever you do, you just need to go out and do it, and that should hopefully define who you are. Just put your head down and start drawing :)
Sanjeev (Admin)
When people asked me what I did, I used to answer with a summary of my day job. But in the past few years, I've come to understand that that tells less and less of an accurate picture of me...so at the strong suggestion of those close to me, I've started to tell people I'm an "aspiring toy-maker". Still don't like "artist" because of all the baggage, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.
josh fraser (Moderator)
"Are you an artist"?

"I'm a toy maker".

"You're neither. You're an ebay boy, sent by toy store clerks, to collect vinyls".
Everything comes back to "Apocalypse Now" for you, doesn't it Josh?

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
cae
hmmm - it would seem to me that avoiding a label simply because others have managed to give it a bad name is capitulation of the worst sort.

At the worst, you will be lumped in with heinous fools and provide some contrast, at best you will help to drag the label from the mud with your shining example of what an artists can ~should~ be.

But I wouldn't call a toymaker an artist, either,except in the looser meaning of the word. Sounds more like a designer, to me.

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
cae Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hmmm - it would seem to me that avoiding a label
> simply because others have managed to give it a
> bad name is capitulation of the worst sort.

Well, I'm not interested in arguing semantics with every new person I meet...or dragging the label up from the mud, either. I'm just interested in communicating effectively, so if it's more efficient to tell people "B" instead of "A", then why not? Sure, it's capitulation, but if it avoids unnecessary (or inaccurate) connotations, I think I can let it slide...in this case, anyway.

> But I wouldn't call a toymaker an artist,
> either,except in the looser meaning of the word.
> Sounds more like a designer, to me.

True...but then again, having just come from In Living Kolor, Boston, the term "artist" was used a lot more than "toymaker" or "designer". I guess we WERE in an art gallery, afterall!
josh fraser (Moderator)
hillsy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everything comes back to "Apocalypse Now" for you,
> doesn't it Josh?

Maybe.
eh. label your actions, not yourself.
Anyone actually watch it? Sucklord appears to have a slight personality disorder, and his art was pretty awful. Still, gawking at the process was FUN. So far, my money is on the hippy chick, or perhaps the mullet dude.
Sucklord survives. Barely. Lots of crying.
i think the producers of the show know they have ratings gold with Sucklord, so i dont see a premature departure. He has been kicked in the balls twice now, but i think he gets the message that his shtick is getting stale. Im looking forward to see what he can really do.Wish i was in the Bay area to check out your art show Mike.
Yeah he is definitely an interesting character, I actually started to like the guy a little bit this week.

Thanks for the props Jim, this artsy stuff helps to keep me sane, although I must say that the people who actually buy my work are veeeery strange. So I don't know what that really says about my mental health. Heh!
"...the only reason I'm still in this competition is that one other person always has piece worse than mine.."

Ouch.
i think the Sucklord has been in the bottom three in ALL individual compititions. On the plus side, he does get a lot more air time that way. i still get the feeling he will finish in the top three or four.
josh fraser (Moderator)
I have to admit, I find myself liking him a bit more, when he is not in his Sucklord mode. The episode when they worked with the kids made me see him in a better light.

I watched a bunch of the episodes at home last week, and did find it entertaining and cringeworthy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer