fascinating, heartwarming photographs of Star Wars toys

Posted by asterphage 
photos by Kristina Alexanderson -

3 3/4" Stormtrooper and Lego Stormtrooper as parent and child:
[www.flickr.com]

daily photos of Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers having adventures:
[www.flickr.com]

Some really effective work in here with forced perspective and fish-eye lenses, too.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2011 09:31PM by asterphage.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Cute. Not much interest in the subject matter, but I definitely dig toy photography like this.
Oh Sanjeev, even you must be able to appreciate the inherent cuteness of a big one and a little one, and they both look alike, but one's big and one's little! That's, like, the first rule of cuteness.

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev (Admin)
Ah, but as I've told Jim many times now, I'm not actually into cute either! When I mentioned subject matter, I meant more Star Wars in general. The idea of a parent and child version of ostensibly the same character is pretty damn fun though!
Paul, my wife loved these. The mellon-headed son of a Stormtrooper is a brilliant and well-executed concept. Thanks for sharing!
Here are some funny shots by a French photog named Stéfan:

Admiral Ackbar teaches us about common items that rhyme with "trap":
[www.flickr.com]

Boba and Jango Fett hanging out:
[www.flickr.com]

Star Wars figures as musicians:
[www.flickr.com]

and his own set of daily Stormtrooper tableaux:
[www.flickr.com]

-Paul Segal

More amazing Star Wars toy photos:

[www.flickr.com]

Avanaut takes photos of Star Wars and other action figures in realistic scale environments, including inappropriately realistic settings for Lego characters. The action figure photos are quite well composed and coherent images, while the Lego photos have a weird dissonance to them.

-Paul Segal

asterphage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> photos have a weird dissonance to them.

Paul, thanks for sharing the link. I really like the concept and execution on most of those. The juxtaposition of the blocky Lego doods in natural settings didn't get to me, but the image processing sure did. After a few pages I felt like I was drowning. The repeated high-contrast blue-filter made me feel like I was sinking to the bottom of the ocean. The Grievous-in-the-Grass was a welcome change of color, but even the contrast made me dizzy after a few seconds.
Wow these are beautiful. I just love it.

I've been taking my kid's starwars/imaginext/legos and snapping pics of them in scenes that we set up. There is something magical about how a camera can transport us down into the world that our smaller toys inhabit. I think that these photos really show how compelling that can be.

Thanks for sharing this. Brilliant stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2011 05:32PM by TedT.
this is getting to be a real subgenre.
[www.flickr.com]
Not as brilliant as some of the links above, but he does have a tiny Vader surmounting a pint of Guinness.

-Paul Segal

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer