World's Scariest Otaku

Posted by MattAlt 
If that kaiju/waifu gets too scary, just auction them off: [www.ebay.com]

credit to bt1 (sorry Bill, haha)
mcfitch (Admin)
Hahahahahaha! I love that he's also selling home theatre equipment at the same time.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
"theatre equipment"
...so much drama! heh. ..ba-doink..
this is not exactly on topic but, ah, ha ha, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

[www.slate.com]

Q. Married a Mental Child: Last year I met a wonderful woman who was smart, funny, attractive, and we both shared a lot of interests. One of the things she occasionally talked about was that she liked cartoons. I always figured she meant she liked them as a kid, but after we married and moved in together I found out that this wasn't the case—she has a shelf FULL of DVDs for cartoons—a lot of them are the Japanese anime type, but there're some American cartoons in there as well. I was hoping this was just a collection, but she still watches them. I don't understand—why would a woman in her 20s still watch cartoons meant for kids? I love her a lot, but I never signed up to marry someone who shares the same interests as a 5-year-old. I told her that she should really think about getting rid of these little-kid shows, but she gets angry at me whenever I bring it up. Should I just shut up about this, or just try and ignore cartoon ponies on my TV whenever I can?

A: I'm not necessarily a big advocate of living together before marriage. It can be the right thing, but it can also leave two people stuck together who haven't figured out what they really want out of the relationship. But it sounds as if you married someone whose apartment you never even visited, let alone spent time in. Your wife gave you a heads up that she likes cartoons, so you sound like the immature dope for not understanding that she likes cartoons. If after a long, stressful day, she wants to watch a little anime instead of pouring a martini, that shouldn't bother you. If she won't come to bed because she wants to see little ponies all night, that's one thing. But if it's just an eccentric hobby, stop being a big meanie.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
the best thing about Upotte!! is the psychotic rapist elf from Finland
[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

[www.animenewsnetwork.com]

-Paul Segal

Also, conspiracy theories ahoy:

[www.animenewsnetwork.com]

Summary: "Obviously he must have been set up."

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
It looks like for Masaki Kitamura having a good day just wasn't in the cards.
thomas Wrote:
> "Obviously he must have been set up."

HE ACTIVATED THEIR TRAP CARD

-Paul Segal

i don't know, i feel like this counts as some kind of otaku, fashion otaku, body-modification otaku, it has that level of obsessive devotion to an idiosyncratic form. anyway...
[channel.nationalgeographic.com]
n-no... how... is this just some big joke they're playing on the western media? please let it be that

-Paul Segal

MattAlt (Admin)
The "bagel head" phenomenon first hit the news back in Summer of 2009. That the foreign press (many of whom reported it two years back) are treating it though it were new is a testament to the Alzheimer's-like memories of the mass media.

This is fringe behavior even by fringe standards. I've never seen anyone on the street sporting the look; I think it's mainly a thing at the fetish night parties that S&M/latex/shibari bondage lover throw at clubs downtown from time to time.
this isn't ACTUALLY otaku-related but I am putting it here so that Matt can tell us why it's overly exaggerated or possibly fabricated
[www.odditycentral.com]

-Paul Segal

MattAlt (Admin)
Japanese women wear diapers? Total bullshit. The truth is, EVERYONE wears diapers in Japan. In fact it's law. They even hand them out at customs. I'm wearing mine right now.
MattAlt
I'm wearing mine right now.

What character is printed on it??

-Paul Segal

MattAlt (Admin)
Diap-alon?

The two key things the foreign translations miss are:

-the article originally appeared in a Japanese tabloid magazine. Not exactly the world's most trustworthy source.
-It's talking about one woman the writer found who does this. One. Tokyo's a big city. You can find someone doing almost anything you can think of here.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Right now, someone in Japan is worried about the state of geopolitics because the US Secretary of State adopted an alien baby...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2012 11:25AM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - Weekly_World_News_-_Cover_Art_4800.jpg (34.9 KB)
So, where can I read more Japanese tabloid news in English?

-Paul Segal

MattAlt (Admin)
The main source of translated Japanese tabloid, a column called "WaiWai" in the Mainchici Shinbun English edition, was shut down after online protests a few years back. They published several books under the Tabloid Tokyo name as well. Right now, your best bet is probably The Tokyo Reporter, though it tends to focus near exclusively on the sleazy rather than the generally weird.
Thanks!

-Paul Segal

world's most tragic otaku
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

-Paul Segal

[en.rocketnews24.com]

awesome

-Paul Segal

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer