World's Scariest Otaku

Posted by MattAlt 
MattAlt (Admin)
Spotted on 2ch: a "world's scariest otaku" photo thread.

Remember, kids: when you proudly call yourself an "otaku" in front of average Japanese people, these are the sorts of images that go through their minds.

(Some pix NSFW)

[kanasoku.blog82.fc2.com]
Japan, everybody!

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Some of those images were far, far, far more monstrous than I could have ever imagined. Unbelievable.
I've seen worse, but at least those were taken indoors and at home.

Not in the park.

The one pic coming close is of the fat guy hugging his anime girl pillow in his birthday suit.
oh man pictures of nerds doing shit

p.s. be sure to visit www.otaku.collectiondx.com
VF5SS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> oh man pictures of nerds doing shit

Yeah, I prefer to see only attractive professionals fucking their cartoon sex-slave pillows. That amateur nerd shit is so passé.
MSW
I've seen worse at the people of Walmart site.
I heard a story about how # 8 was found hanged in the woods.

I love #17 for obvious reasons.

BTW I've seen most of these images before.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2011 04:58PM by Vincent Z..
B00
I don't think I can un-see 29. I need a brain enema... ..or hours of Xbox.

[youtu.be]

the video is by National Geographic of all things...
MattAlt (Admin)
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Sorry about that."

JAPAN CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH
What's wrong with this guy? He looks pretty cool to me.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2011 12:00AM by asterphage.
Attachments:
open | download - 201159100028.jpg (84.8 KB)
If you didn't recognize me...yup, number 36...that was taken outside of the local gas station where we meet once a week at the proper appointed time...keeping it sophisticated that way.
Ooops, how did they get a pic of us, in #30, at last month's East Coast Chogokin Glee Get-together, singing anime theme songs?
asterphage Wrote:
> What's wrong with this guy? He looks pretty cool
> to me.
>
> [toyboxdx.com]

Most pictures look quite normal, with perhaps some people on the uglier side of looks in there, but I can easily find much worse by taking a walk in my city (and those are not otakus).

It doesn't help that some pictures look kinda staged.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2011 02:50PM by thomas.
How could they forget Nii-san?

[www.nytimes.com]

[www.mutantfrog.com]

waifu des
You call it crazy.

I call it dedication.

NSFW, maybe?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2011 07:08PM by Vincent Z..
Attachments:
open | download - 1314705381260.jpg (156.5 KB)
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> You call it crazy.
>
> I call it dedication.

I'm surprised, Vince. It's so unlike you to miss the point when it comes to all things otaku.

If these guys showed even half as much "dedication" to connecting with living, breathing human beings as they do to their cartoon sex mascots they wouldn't need the latter. Oh, the irony!
Vincent Z. Wrote:
>
> NSFW, maybe?
>
> [toyboxdx.com]

Wow that guy is really gettin' in there. I hope it smells like everything he hoped for and dreamed of.

-Paul Segal

Oil poisoning?

Bacterial infection?

Lacerated tongue due to sharp metal edges?

Arrest for sexual harassment and molestation of a inanimate being, in this case a tram? (I bet it could be fit under vandalism...)

A trip to a mental ward for terrifying the passengers of the tram by attempting to orally rape a depiction of a teenage girl glued to the metal and glass exterior of said tram?
thomas Wrote:
> Oil poisoning?
>
> Bacterial infection?
>
> Lacerated tongue due to sharp metal edges?
>
> Arrest for sexual harassment and molestation of a
> inanimate being, in this case a tram? (I bet it
> could be fit under vandalism...)
>
> A trip to a mental ward for terrifying the
> passengers of the tram by attempting to orally
> rape a depiction of a teenage girl glued to the
> metal and glass exterior of said tram?

Hopefully they just backed the bus up over him.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
ed
Wow I can't say I'm horrified at anything on there, I did see some eye opening stuff when I went to some of the Mandarake stores, I'm just really surprised at the number of dudes who are legitimately cross-eyed on those photos.

The multiple photographs of the same photographer are kind of scary. He's sweating a lot..I can only imagine the basement that he dwells in.

When we were at the Mandarake in Akihabara for their one year anniversary, guys were in line for a day and a half for the "questionable manga" sale that was happening, and it wrapped around the entire building and down the street. That's scary.
thomas Wrote:
>
> sexual harassment and molestation of a inanimate being

And what toy collector doesn't know what THAT feels like, am I right fellas?

-Paul Segal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2011 03:23PM by asterphage.
Sanjeev (Admin)
asterphage Wrote:
> thomas Wrote:
> >
> > sexual harassment and molestation of a inanimate
> being
>
> And what toy collector doesn't know what THAT
> feels like, am I right fellas?

I'm reminded of this:

josh fraser (Moderator)
Erik looks so pleased.
What happens when a voice actress for one of the most popular moe anime has a boyfriend.

Attachments:
open | download - the-fall-of-ayana-taketasu-001.jpg (146.7 KB)
mcfitch (Admin)

What happens when a voice actress for one of the most popular moe anime has a boyfriend.

It looks like some disturbed fan finally realizes he'll never get to touch her, is enraged, and works out some kind of creepy voodoo doll?
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
mcfitch Wrote:
> What happens when a voice actress for one of the
> most popular moe anime has a boyfriend.
>
> It looks like some disturbed fan finally realizes
> he'll never get to touch her, is enraged, and
> works out some kind of creepy voodoo doll?
> -Mason

Think I saw something like this in a movie once. I think it was Perfect Blue. Once again, thank you for bringing us the creepy, VZ.I really needed to see that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2011 07:23PM by gingaio.
Don't complain too much, likely there's similar pictures out there that up the post-death rape imagery... >_<

...this is *NOT* a request to Vince to go and find such a picture to post....
Ugh!

[kotaku.com]

>Once again, thank you for bringing us the creepy, VZ.I really needed to see that.

What, you're still surprised by the existence of people like this?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2011 10:03AM by Vincent Z..
mcfitch Wrote:
>
> It looks like some disturbed fan finally realizes
> he'll never get to touch her, is enraged, and
> works out some kind of creepy voodoo doll?

I'm not sure it even involves the aspirational element of dreaming they could one day be with their idol. It seems like a lot of these fanboys are more content with their objects of fixation (whether anime characters or actual human performers) as abstract, virginal, incorruptible instances of archetypes. Thus the very suggestion that their idol could be intimately involved with ANY other human is shattering, lowering and corrupting the untouchable image that they've been fixated on.

-Paul Segal

asterphage Wrote:
> Thus the very suggestion
> that their idol could be intimately involved with
> ANY other human is shattering, lowering and
> corrupting the untouchable image that they've been
> fixated on.

I think you've got something with this. When I first started school I fell in "love" with one of my teachers. She was the first young and busty authority figure in my life that I wasn't related to. I was instantly smitten. Later in the year she showed signs of being pregnant. I was "mad" at her for it despite having no understanding of how sex and relationships worked. I even got upset that she had to leave or class once the baby was born. Looking back, my emotions were a natural response to naivety about attachment - appropriate for a six year old who has no idea how things like marriage and baby-making worked.

But when "grown" men act like this it makes me sad. How and where did society fail them? We've obviously got a system where this is not anomalous - there's enough of a percentage of people that it constitutes a distinct, if not creepy, trend. How can we help people realize just how easy and rewarding it is to get laid and/or make relationships?
Wow, yeah, I hadn't thought about it exactly that way, but that's significant. I absolutely see the similarity between this behavior and a child's jealousy that a parent, for instance, or other caregiver, needs to make time for people other than the child themself. It's obviously different in terms of the person's connection to the object of their affection, but the immature emotional responses parallel each other.

I wouldn't know where to start contemplating the roots of the problem. hopeless Japanese otaku and American "alone forever" guys seem to have similar feelings in terms of their rage at rejection and their belief that women are vindictive bitches or greedy whores. But despite whatever underlying psychology they share, the cultural pressures that drive them to desperation seem quite different.

-Paul Segal

MattAlt (Admin)
" How and where did society fail them?"

The easy answer is that this is the dark side of the "Japan Cool" phenomenon.

The harder answer is that with the collapse of Japan's postwar economic bubble and lifetime employment system, a lot of people who would have been taken under the wing of a larger organization (however marginalized within) are essentially totally on their own now. No prospects of steady employment. No chance of landing a real relationship, both from considerations financial (they're temps at best) and practical (they're still living with mom & pop at age 40).

There have always been people like this in society. It's just that the expectation and opportunity to grow up and get a job has dwindled with Japan's economic crash, and they're increasingly left to stew in their own juices. This is a huge factor that separates "old school" otaku from "moe-taku" -- the former knew how marginalized from society they were; the latter don't even understand what that question means because they've never known a Japan that was on top of the world.
MattAlt Wrote:
> The harder answer is...

I had wondered how much this plugged into it. It brings up some questions for me...

If opportunities for men are shrinking, what's the corresponding phenomenon among women? If there aren't eligible men to marry and few career prospects, do the ladies stay single and get weird in some kind of trend? Or are careers for women flourishing in an unexpected way?

How do demographics plug into the scenario? Do upper-class families have the same problems? What about urban areas compared to rural ones?

It just occurs to me that extended family situations are pretty commonplace in many parts of the world. I've lived in places where there were three generations under the same roof and it didn't seem to hold the men back from social prospects. It was just part of the system and people gamed, and fucked, accordingly. So do you think Japan can come to accept multi-gen living? If they do, will the otaku find a way out of their funk?
asterphage Wrote:
> Hopeless Japanese otaku and
> American "alone forever" guys seem to have similar
> feelings in terms of their rage at rejection and
> their belief that women are vindictive bitches or
> greedy whores.

This is anecdotal, but some of the most disastrously disorganized and desperate men I have known were the most adept at making relationships and being sexually successful. They were busted up in all measures of "life ability", but found escaping into the comfort of a human connection one of the most natural things to do. (Note: this does not mean they could keep a family together.)

By contrast, most of the repressed, frigid, and maladjusted misogynists I have known were solidly middle and upper-class. They were "successful" in most measures besides love. Their resentment conveyed, to me, that they felt like they deserved to get ladies despite having never developed the skills or appreciation necessary to connect with people. "I've got a good job and a nice house. Why aren't the bitches falling at my feet? Fuck those unappreciative whores. They only want to date assholes anyway."
FYI, just so you know that despite being a big moe fan and supporter, I don't condone the harassment of voice actresses just for having relationships. Their personal live are separate from the characters they play.

MattAlt (Admin)
"If opportunities for men are shrinking [in Japan], what's the corresponding phenomenon among women?"

I'm not sure this is the right question because opportunities are shrinking for EVERYONE. But I get your drift.

Not so long ago, women were pretty much expected to graduate from college, go to a company, serve tea and then drop out of the workforce to raise babies, no matter how much they contributed to the company's bottom line.

That is changing rapidly, more rapidly than society has had a chance to catch up with. Now it's fine for women to follow their ambitions, but the problem is that companies don't have American-style maternity leave systems or a business culture that supports women who want to have kids and go back to work.

So what happens? Many women choose to work and don't have kids. This is a huge reason why Japan's birth rate has declined so precipitously. I see it in my own circle of friends; only a few have had one and fewer still more than one.

That decline in birth rate has massive repercussions for Japan as a country. (We are sensing one of the little tips of that iceberg in the anime and toy industries. The entire "moe" phenomenon is an indirect result, as adult fans outnumber kids, and note also the huge number of toys are now made for adults rather than kids.)

Thanks to good nutrition and health care, the elderly are soon going to outnumber the young in society. It's a big demographic shift that has the potential to drag the economy even further down, and there isn't any easy fix, unless you want to institute a Logan's Run style "Carousel" to even out the demographics.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer