[80s Toy Shop] All Choked Up (and/or Tales of Work and Coworkers)

Posted by gingaio 
asterphage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Clearly that's it - it's the enthusiast researcher
> attitude that's key. When you pass a situation at
> which any of us would shake our head, say "what a
> dumbass", and move on, your keen view translates
> it into an epic example of the extremities of
> human indignity.

Paul, that is the most accurate and succinct personality assessment I have ever experienced. It's me in two sentences. I'm flabbergasted.
Was suprised nobody imported this pic from plaidstallions...it's hard to make out the Shogun section (Daimoses and Reideens), plus 2-in-1's on the top with action vehicles to the right.
Attachments:
open | download - shogunwarriors.jpg (74.4 KB)
Funny about all this. My son just had his 4th birthday, and we did a little shopping at a local Toys R Us for him with some money his grandmother sent. My wife said as we left to go to the store "I hate Toys R Us now, they're so boring these days!" Yup, sure are. It was like a veritable treasure trove back in the day and now the actual TOYS comprise such a smaller subset of what is sold than in the past. Eh, times change. Sometimes I'm glad to be alive and still relatively young right now in regards to my access to technology and media, but my tastes in movies, music, and especially toys run towards an older aesthetic. Glad to have grown up when I did.

More serious than thou
asterphage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gcrush Wrote:
> >
> > The lowbrow Fox Mulder, I'm always been ready to
> believe.
>
> Clearly that's it - it's the enthusiast researcher
> attitude that's key. When you pass a situation at
> which any of us would shake our head, say "what a
> dumbass", and move on, your keen view translates
> it into an epic example of the extremities of
> human indignity.

Wow - good one.

I have plenty of stories as well, but learned a while back to stop telling them.

Also, with regards to the universal absurdities of the primates (currently) at the apex of this biosphere:

Hitchhiker's Guide has an explanation about the nonchalant attitude of all the species Arthur encounters in the galaxy - they barely respond to things he finds horrifying, yet can become enraged over small offenses. Everything is so incomprehensibly alien and weird, that if we all went around freaking out at everything we encountered, nothing would ever get done, so there is this defense mechanism of not responding to anything in proportion.

One more thing - if there really is an altered probability field around you, it can very easily be used to your advantage.
This thread, like sweet memories, and tales of shame and indignity, cannot die.

[zeusmytoys.blogspot.com]

[www.plaidstallions.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2012 10:37PM by gingaio.
Just wondering if anyone has come across a clearer picture of a Shogun aisle display from back in the day? The boxes were so many different sizes, especially among the action vehicles.

I have barely any recollection of seeing the 5 inch and vehicles in the stores...me wanna see pics! Must be out there somewhere (aside from the above linked plaidstallions nugget).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer