Robot God Akamatsu: So this monster attacks Boston...

Posted by repairtechjon 
This is the second print, I've done for SavCon :[www.savcon.net] The original artwork which measures 11x17 will be given as a prize at the show.

Prelim :

Inked

Final Color

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
[www.frankiebwashington.com]
[www.joggingwithllamas.blogspot.com]
MSW
Going against GaoGaiGar, that short-stack Prime would get seriously OWNED!
MSW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Going against GaoGaiGar, that short-stack Prime
> would get seriously OWNED!

Well he's armed with an RGA Gun & The Matrix of Leadership - So that might give him an edge. Definitely an interesting match-up ;)
We're Ranked #1537 on Top Web Comic and could sure use your votes. Chapter 3 will be uploaded on the first of April so definitely come on by and check out the newest mech in neighborhood : [topwebcomics.com]

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
CHAPTER THREE IS UP- COME CHECK IT OUT!!!

Web Series :
[robotgodakamatsu.blogspot.com]

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
UPDATE : Each month you can vote on a web comic you like and Robot God Akamatsu could sure use your vote. We didn't make the the top 100 last month but we'd love to try for April. All you need to do is vote and it's free : [topwebcomics.com]

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
The Skinny : ROBOT GOD AKAMATSU is a valentine to the Super Robot genre of the late 1970’s and early 1980’s. Giant robots and monsters attack Boston, and Robot God: Akamatsu (RGA, for short) is the city’s only form of defense!

RGA is also about the relationship between a father and his estranged son, about the abuse of power and how far some are willing to go to see their goals met. It’s a little bit Voltron, a little bit Force Five, and a mighty dollop of Shogun Warriors.

Guest Cover Artist - Edward Pirrie
RGA CHAPTER 4 : God In The Machine - Is available to read now!!!
Hit the ISSUU link :

[issuu.com]

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
Hey everyone just got a happy surprise yesterday and found out that Robot 6/Comic Book Resources just wrote an article about RGA. This is great news as we look forward to next week and Wizard World Philly -
[robot6.comicbookresources.com]

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
New Article about Robot God Akamatsu by Unleash The Fanboy - WoooooHooooo Just a day away from our debut at Wizard World Philly :)

[www.unleashthefanboy.com]

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
Hey everyone, Team RGA just got a new article written about RGA.
You can check out here : [comicbookinterviews.com]

TerrorBeast Pencils by Frankie B Washington
Colors By Chris Hill

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
Savannah Now has just posted the article about SavCon- Please Check It Out : [savannahnow.com]
They decided to showcase the Optimus Prime vs King Of Braves Gaogaiger Print, I did - Super Cool :)

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
Behold The RGA Banner and the friends it has met ;)

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2012 04:29PM by fbwash.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Ha! That Choryujin costume's pretty amazing.

But, yo, you NEED to put together an RGA costume and hire someone to wear it at shows as a promotional thing!
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Ha! That Choryujin costume's pretty amazing.
>
> But, yo, you NEED to put together an RGA costume
> and hire someone to wear it at shows as a
> promotional thing!

She's actually building one and planning to unveil it this fall at the Rhode Island Comic Con : [www.ricomiccon.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
NICE!
Sanjeev Wrote:
> NICE!

My thoughts exactly- She's an awesome person...
And really into RGA. She's sent some prelim stuff
to look at and I'm blown away ;)
Connie Jazzy Smeriglio is the super talented artisan who is undertaking the challenging task of creating the actual RGA suit- We are blown away by her amazing skills and wait hungrily for more costume reveals : [www.facebook.com]

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2012 08:10AM by fbwash.
Hey everyone , We just got the word that Self Publisher Magazines interview about RGA is available for free download : [www.selfpubmag.com]

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
UPDATE : the RoboCat has jumped out of the bag and we can say with great pride. That RGA is featured prominently on the banners & poster art for the RICC : [www.ricomiccon.com]
Robot God Akamatsu will be on large banners at the show and also at the Providence Mall. Team RGA would like to thank RICC for allowing our super mech as the avatar for it's premiere show. This is a rare honor and one that we're humbled to have. If you live in the Ocean State definitely snag a pic and post it :

Also an update on the RGA Costume by the very talented cosplayer named Connie Jazzy Smeriglio - [www.facebook.com] :

Here's where the other places they'll be popping up :

*PROVIDENCE PLACE MALL
*NATICK MALL
*WARWICK MALL
*CRYSTAL MALL IN CT
*MOTIF MAGAZINE
*PROVIDENCE PHOENIX
*4 FT POSTER BOARD IN GAMESTOP PROVIDENCE PLACE MALL
*SOON TO BE RTE 95 ON THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING
*SOON TO BE ON THE DIGITAL BOARD ON THE FRONT
OF THE DUNKIN DONUTS CENTER
* 2,000 POSTERS AND 40,000 FLYERS IN PAPAS GINOS
[/b]

Team RGA would like to thank a moviegoer who snagged a pic of the massive RICC Poster at the Providence Mall. It's the perfect height to pose next to LOL The Rhode Island Comic Con : [www.ricomiccon.com] Is coming and we plan to be there - Nuff Said :)

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh DAMN....it sure musta taken some hustling to get RGA on the banner like that! I love it, Frankie...nice work!

I'ma have to hit the Natick mall on the way home from work or something to snap a shot of the banner there...
Sanjeev
Oh DAMN....it sure musta taken some hustling to get RGA on the banner like that! I love it, Frankie...nice work!

I'ma have to hit the Natick mall on the way home from work or something to snap a shot of the banner there...

LMAO - Let's just say, That James and I are very fortunate that RGA has evolved into a likable character... And that has really helped to put our very indie bot out to the masses. The RICC is really going to be a FUN time and great exposure for us. If you do see a poster- Definitely post your pic... And thanks Sanjeev ;)
Damn Frankie, you are way better at hustling than me. Hahaha.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Cool news, and nice job boys!
I'd like to get to this show. Not too far. Couple weeks after NYCC.

...which reminds me! Is Team RGA appearing or attending NYCC in October?
Ginrai
Damn Frankie, you are way better at hustling than me. Hahaha.

We actually started our marketing of RGA about a year before we put out the first chapter this past February.
It's good to plant the seeds very early when you want to market something.
That's why most of the big comic companies flood the internet with info about their books to help
generate buzz for it- Months before the release.
repairtechjon
Cool news, and nice job boys!
I'd like to get to this show. Not too far. Couple weeks after NYCC.

...which reminds me! Is Team RGA appearing or attending NYCC in October?

Thanks and we are only planning to go to RICC. So we're looking forward to you coming by the table and saying - WASSSUPPPP!!!
<Shrug> I don't have any actual experience with marketing or anything... it's not through anything I've done that Golden Gate Riot ended up in a Canadian newspaper and on a Canadian TV show!

-Ginrai
Ginrai
<Shrug> I don't have any actual experience with marketing or anything... it's not through anything I've done that Golden Gate Riot ended up in a Canadian newspaper and on a Canadian TV show!

Hey that's GREAT NEWS!!!
Just keep pushing at it and reminding folks that it was in the paper and on the news.
If you have a vid of the tv report - Link it to your pages... And the same for the newspaper article.
Remember to keep pushing it out there.
Some people who may really dig it., might not know about it.
It's a never ending hustle - Nuff Said ;)
Team RGA would like to thank Ryan Flynn for taking a really clean photo of the RICC/RGA poster at the Providence Place. We hope to see him in November at the show ;)

Connie Jazzy Smeriglio :[www.facebook.com] has shared some more pics of the RGA costume she is building and plans to wear at the
RICC : [www.ricomiccon.com]
this November in the ocean state, Rhode Island :)

* Time to take a page out of Tony Stark's book and get those boot jets burning.

* ...Best to put some armor on while on test flight.

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
Thanks for the tips, Frankie. I did indeed put it up on our website!

-Ginrai
Robot God Akamatsu is on Twitter and needs some followers : [twitter.com]

Remember that the Rhode Island Comic Con is coming November 3rd - 4th.
We hope to see many of you there if possible ;)

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
Fantastic.
You should consider getting a Twitter account as well.
We just started one and it's another way to get word out about your IP.
Best of luck :)

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
HEY EVERYONE, THE HOLIDAYS ARE HERE AND TEAM RGA HAS PARTNERED WITH ELECTRO FLASH MEDIA TO CREATE A LINE OF TEE SHIRTS, FEATURING CHARACTERS FROM THE ROBOT GOD AKAMATSU UNIVERSE. THEIS SHIRTS ARE AWESOME AND DEFINITELY AN EYE CATCHER WHEN SEEN.
FEEL FREE TO DROP BY THE EFM WEBSITE AND CHECK THEM OUT :

[www.electroflashmedia.com]

Hey Everyone- I have some super robot & kaiju sketch cards available. These are original pieces of artwork and not prints : [www.ebay.com]

NEW COVER REPRO PSCs AVAILABLE - CHEAPER THAN THE COMMISSION RATE :

All cards are available now in auction : [www.ebay.com]

Did I hear something about official publishing perhaps?? ;0)

Hope one of the boys updates us on the doin's lately.

Looking forward to August Summit to meet up with the tag-team of RGA.

I've just recently sat down to catch up on the last couple story parts online.

^^
Also, that girl's work on the RGA costume is a real labor of love. I'd love to see that in person at one of the upcoming events.

Edit: And gee-doinkits, how'd I miss out on announcement above of BATTERY OPERATED T-SHIRTS?! What???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2013 11:15PM by repairtechjon.

Robot God Akamatsu is getting published by the amazing ZETABELLA Publishing!
[zetabella.com]

Out first graphic novel will feature the original online chapters, along with the final two and a half issues! You'll be able to order it online, through Comixology, and you can view it on all your favorite tablets of choice. Also, on comixology you'll be able to purchase the digital trade, or individual issues!
It will also be available in 31 different countries!
More details with come through once dates and etc, are finalized. But as treat, here is one of the single issue covers for the Comixology release. Complete with the brand new logo!

It's been awhile since I've been here. So many things going. The summit is going to be a blast- getting excited about it.
The t-shirts are still available and I'm not sure is Connie will be donning her RGA suit this year. She;s been very busy with her ChoRyuJin Cos-Suit.
Robot God Akamatsu is now available for order on Amazon! Thank you everyone for all the love and support, we couldn't have done it without you! There will be a trade paperback & hardcover edition available. James will have some copies on hand at GFEST, unfortunately I will be unable to attend this year.

[www.amazon.com]

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
BEAT THE SUMMER HEAT WITH ROBOT LOVE!
It's no surprise robots are taking the summer by storm! Here is your chance to cool off by enjoy Pacific Rim & Robot God Akamatsu. Every purchase of Robot God Akamatsu enters you to win a pair of tickets to see Pacific Rim at a theater near you! Both print & Kindle purchases count. Simply go to this link and ENTER : [www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer