[RESIN] toy thread

Posted by Sanjeev 
Sanjeev (Admin)
Total fucking hotness! It's a drill-tank wedded to the Yamato or some other super ship. I love it!
TedT, I was checking out the rivet wars site maybe a month ago. Just wonderful. Great momentum you've got going with that style, can't wait to see that big ship.
I did a write-up about Cris Rose's fullsize resins for CDX:

[www.collectiondx.com]

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Hooooly shit, I hadn't realized just how nice the texture and paint work on Rose's new pieces were. Great photos, and such nice pieces.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
[www.flickr.com]

im diggind this guys sculpts.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yeah, that two-headed alien-dino hybrid is pretty killer. I think that person is a skullbrainer, if I'm not mistaken. I don't spend enough time in the custom toy board over there...
That two-headed thing is kinda rad, but yeah, that dude mostly sculpts wang and pussy monsters. I guess it's cool if that's your thing, but not for me.

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
I thought the wang toys were Carlos Enriquez's, not MARTA's...
Sanjeev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought the wang toys were Carlos Enriquez's,
> not MARTA's...

No, there are a lot of wang toys out there.

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oy vey. People really need to get laid more...with actual human partners. [Sad that that last bit is necessary in this day and age...]
Some really nice stuff around here. How did I miss this?? I need to spend more time on other topic rather than the usual stuff I'm looking here. But more time here means less time on something else.

Anyway, I'm really impress by Ted's stuff, those little figures look awesome, they look super clean and smooth, nice job.

But I have to be honest, when it come to some paint job with gradient and psycho colors, well I'm not too much into that :)))
That two-headed thing is kinda rad, but yeah, that dude mostly sculpts wang and pussy monsters. I guess it's cool if that's your thing, but not for me.

Ben, from what i know the wang and pussy monsters are not his stuff. He claims to be an aspiring sculpter and not a pro.
jim m Wrote:
> That two-headed thing is kinda rad, but yeah, that
> dude mostly sculpts wang and pussy monsters. I
> guess it's cool if that's your thing, but not for
> me.
>
>
>
>
> Ben, from what i know the wang and pussy monsters
> are not his stuff. He claims to be an aspiring
> sculpter and not a pro.

I'm not talking about the giant vagina thing by Carlos Enrique Vasquez or whatever his name is that everyone knows. MARTA has posted a couple resin sculpts on SB that are genital-themed.

[prometheusrising.net]
you made me a bit curious Ben, so i did a quick search on SB, and couldnt find any MARTA posts that showed any genital sculpts by him.Not that i really care, just saying.
jim m Wrote:
> you made me a bit curious Ben, so i did a quick
> search on SB, and couldnt find any MARTA posts
> that showed any genital sculpts by him.Not that i
> really care, just saying.

Not to prove you wrong, but just to prove to myself I wasn't going crazy ;)
[skullbrain.org]

[prometheusrising.net]
[www.flickr.com]

thanks Ben. i had seen that sculpt before, and it didnt even dawn on me. I guess i should have read the name of the sculpt !
mcfitch (Admin)
I believe we were also promised wang monsters?
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Guys, thanks for the kind words. Glad that you are digging the Rivet Wars stuff.

But Sanjeev, I can't believe I didn't know about your mini gin gin. Or about your blog. I just found it tonight because I saw the review over on CDX. That stuff you are doing is great. All the trials and experiments. I really need to hit you up for some advice. What is that crazy smooth EnvisionTEC Multi Mini machine stuff? That looks amazing. Is that some secret private hook up or is that something like shapeways?

And I just released the 2-packs of little rivet grunts so you can take you vert tanks on patrol :)

www.rivetwars.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2011 12:01AM by TedT.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Thanks for the kind words, Ted! Yeah, I'm definitely all about "open source" info sharing!

TedT Wrote:
> What is that crazy smooth
> EnvisionTEC Multi Mini machine stuff? That looks
> amazing. Is that some secret private hook up or is
> that something like shapeways?

Heh...not secret or private, but it's definitely some hardcore stuff. Just got back from vacation, but once I'm settled and caught up, I'll hit you up with all the details!
Hey Guys,

I just started selling another piece in the rivet wars line. It's a four legged walking tank. It's based off of a german stug. I've always wanted a toy like this. I'm surely influenced by some of the ghost in the shell and dougram walkers, but I wanted that WWI feel. Hope you dig it. If you'd like you can pick one up in the shop or just see some more detailed pics on the site. Thanks for looking.

[www.rivetwars.com]

Heh, awesome.

You could have a cyborg version of it with a real human head :D

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
[www.etsy.com]

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
[www.flickr.com]

sorry to disapoint Ben, but its not a penis monster, just old school goodness.
Ok, so FINALLY more of us got to check out Ted T's cool little Rivet Wars characters, and tanks, at the Northeast Summit.
It'll be great when he's able to get more of these produced, for a game or whatever, since they're all gone for now.
mcfitch (Admin)
Yeah I liked them already from what I'd seen online and seeing them in person makes me want to buy a few all the more.
-Mason

Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Thanks guys. I am working on some pretty cool stuff right now. I'm hoping to have something to show in the next month or so.

It was really great getting so much positive feedback from everyone. It really helps keep me going late at night when I should be asleep :)

It was also great to see all the other people working on cool stuff. Ben and Sanjeev are doing some amazing stuff in 3D as well as Dave's amazing robot art. Good stuff.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yeah, it was great meeting you at the Summit, Ted: between all the weirdo's making shit, it's pretty mind-blowing how far creativity in this hobby has gone. I'm loving it!

I was lucky enough to pick up a Vert Tank, and it's dope! Super-cute and the size and chunkiness makes it feel great in your hands. Uh...

Anyway, it's great...and I look forward to whatever else you put out. Oh, and for those who haven't seen, check out Ted's site for the new Monowheel. We saw a polished polyamide print of it at the Summit--very damn cool!
Hey guys I have some pretty awesome news. Super Robot Punch (my company) and Cool Mini or Not have teamed up to make a Rivet Wars board game! For more than a year I have been working on the rules, sculpts, art, tiles and other components for the game. Sorry I haven't been able to post more but we couldn't while it was still such a work in progress. I'll be posting lots more stuff in the next weeks as we gear up for a kickstarter.

I'm really excited that now anyone who wants a rivetwars grunt or tanks will be able to own an entire army. It's pretty crazy that this is happening but I think it'll be pretty cool.

[www.rivetwars.com]

Here's a part from the box cover.

mcfitch (Admin)
That is AWESOME news Ted. Cool Mini or Not has been pumping out some really cool boardgames since kickstarter.
-Mason

Sanjeev (Admin)
Holy poop, Ted!

Most definitely keep us posted...I love stuff like this!
Very cool news Ted!
I'm not familiar with the producing company, so was curious, will the game figs likely be manufactured plastic? Or, like a lot of mini game pieces on teh market, would they come out in pewter, or whatever metal figs are molded from ?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Ohh...these designs would be killer in metal (yes, pewter)!
mcfitch (Admin)
Most gaming miniatures are resin or plastic nowadays.
-Mason

Guys, the kickstarter just went Live! Pretty exciting stuff. Take a look and check out the new designs and how the game plays. And if you can spread the word that'd be huge. The more we can raise the more we can make. Thanks again for all the support. Sanjeev, you have an original prototype :)

Rivet Wars Kickstarter
mcfitch (Admin)
Hey Ted,
Congratulations on getting this going. I've been looking to buy some RW stuff for a while but it's always sold out on your site. This is a great solution for me since I'm a miniatures gamer anyway. I've spread the word of the KS to my gaming club and will be pitching in at the $150 mark. All the CMON KSs have had great success so I'm sure you're well on your way to hitting all of your stretch goals.
I know you've been making all of the pieces in resin but for the boardgame will they be plastic? I couldn't find that on the KS page.
-Mason

Mason, thanks so much. I really appreciate the support. It'll all be made of plastic. A big part of the expense is gearing up for the production.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Uh, dude...ONE DAY into the Kickstart...and you've already got five times your goal!?!?

I guess Congratulations wouldn't be premature then, huh? :P

TedT
Sanjeev, you have an original prototype :)
Rivet Wars Kickstarter

Woot! I'm off to eBay to flip it for a grand!! (totally kidding!!!)
Wow! Congrats Ted! This stuff is cool beyond werds....
Thanks guys. It's pretty exciting and fun to be making my own figures/toys. I hope we raise enough to make some of the "mech" like units :)
Sanjeev (Admin)
So the tanks aren't "mech" enough for ya??? ;)

For real, do you have designs already drawn out for the mecha? It might make sense to post pics as another stretch goal. That'll entice more folks to throw down, right?

I keep a browser tab open with your Kickstarter page up...just so I can watch the total climb steadily throughout the day! It's pretty wild, man. It's at $190k, and we're only a week in! I'm guessing you're gonna get a whole lot more dough before this thing's done. And I also went back and looked at the other games CMoN has kickstarted--some of those games got close to a million!

You better start coming up with more ways to expand this game! :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer