[Comics] Holmes Inc. #2 is a comin!!!

Posted by RainBot 
Hey folks! Just thought I'd shill for a new comic I'm involved with.
Filled with adventure, excitement, and some of Toronto's best up and coming creative talent, if I don't say so mahself.
Check out our website!
The games afoot!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2011 02:12PM by RainBot.
Attachments:
open | download - cover-2-with-trade-revised-for-web.jpg (217.4 KB)
mcfitch (Admin)
Involved how? Romantically?
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Yes! Thank you for your question!

But my gosh, if you thought dating ONE person was a toughie, imagine a whole team of talented, multi-cultural, multi-gendered artists!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2011 08:09PM by RainBot.
Attachments:
open | download - photo5-e1309027788415.jpg (52.9 KB)
mcfitch (Admin)
No seriously, how were you involved?
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
I wrote and arted the story "Poker Face". It's been a massively busy project, with a very steep learning curve. It was fascinating to see the development from pitch to final product, and how each artist brought their unique talents to the table.
You can read about the creation process here.
There are many other insightful articles from our other uber-talented artists. Check out Gibson Quarter's Art here. This guy's is an amazing artist, and a super fine fellow. Also get blown away by checking out Daniel Wong's art for Jame's Cooper's awesome opening story.

Ty Templeton, who's heading this project, is one of Canada's most famous comic artist/writers and he's gathered many talented folk under his wing for this issue. I strive to approach the talent of the folks involved with this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2011 07:55AM by RainBot.
Hey! We're on the Televisions!
[www.elecplay.com]#

I can't see it for five freaking days, 'cause I'm in Canada(?!)
Oh. Canucks can watch it here:
[video.citytv.com]

Jeez. They say TV adds about twenty pounds... but holy crap! Guess I better cuts down on mah butter fried twinkies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2011 10:20AM by RainBot.
Wow, pretty exciting! Hope this leads to more work for you!

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Very cool vid, man. I really like how this project is so thoughtfully laid out...definitely makes sense. Good stuff!
Ginrai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, pretty exciting! Hope this leads to more work
> for you!

Thanks for the well-wishes. An artist/writer from the book and I are co-authoring and co-arting a spin-off of sorts with one of the characters from my story. I'll shill it when it comes closer to reality. It's gonna rock.

Sanjeev Wrote:
>Very cool vid, man. I really like how this project is so thoughtfully laid out...definitely makes sense. Good stuff!

Thanks!!! It's a great opportunity - Ty Templeton and Rob Pincombe are amazing talents and amazing people. One thing that is great about this group is that it's a collaboration of non-snotty, non-elitist, different folks with different strengths and a whole tonne of positive interaction and useful criticism.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer