East Coast Chogokin Summit 2011

Posted by Sanjeev 
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...Jon just beat me to it by posting it in the OT, but I figured I'd drop the announcement here, too, all official-like.

Meet your favorite toy nerds from across the globe!

August 20th...just north of Boston. More details posted by JoshB.

Don't worry about accommodations or food...there are PLENTY of couches to crash on and there'll be tons of grilled goodies to eat. Bostonian hospitality is underrated. Just getcher ass here. ;)

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2011 02:05PM by Sanjeev.
josh fraser (Moderator)
Regan and I are going to give up staying the weekend in Berlin for this thing, and I will be straight off the plane only hours before. So none of you locals have an excuse not to be there. ;-) Plus Sjoen will be there. For real, I saw his non refundable ticket.

Mason's burgers are reason enough anyway.
Too bad I live abroad...I would have been pleased to meet ToyBoxDX members.

I will be there!
I invite from Jonathan and watched the video from the 2010 summit. I was wondering if it was mandatory that you have to bring robots? Me and my co-creator James Biggie have a concept called Robot God Akamatsu, which is being represented by KTG : [www.killingthegrizzly.com]
We also have a Zazzle Store : [www.zazzle.com]
I've also done sketch cards for the Voltron card set and the Voltron Art Book.
The summit looks like a lot fun and I can't wait to get more info about it.
Thanks

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
[www.frankiebwashington.com]
[www.joggingwithllamas.blogspot.com]
Attachments:
open | download - RGA_ARTwork_small.jpg (51.6 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Frankie! Welcome to the board, man!

Heh...I wasn't playing in that other thread--well...I wasn't actually gonna cyber-stalk you...but I was gonna drop you a line introducing me and the heads on this board. Jon beat me to it!

Well, first of all, ain't nothing mandatory...except maybe an appetite...and pants. By all means, though, bring prints and anything like that that you might wanna sell or trade. There are cats coming from all over the world, so this year might be kinda hectic, but we're normally a very chill bunch and we get together a lot.

I don't know if you or James are as big into the toys as we are, but hopefully y'all get something outta hanging out here.
wait, we gotta wear pants this year? who made up that stupid rule?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Ah, don't worry about it...I'm sure we'll be able to find some Hot Toys 1/12 figure's pant that you can fit into.

:P

PANTS???

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
I work on saturdays.......I dont get out until 7:30 pm. Where is the location please?

poseidon!
Awesome - I'll let him know ;)
For those Hot Toys pants, it's OK if the legs are missing. I'm sure he won't mind a beater pair that he can repro the missing parts for... ;)

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
wtf dude seriously?
Sanjeev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ah, don't worry about it...I'm sure we'll be able
> to find some hot pants that you
> can fit into.
>
> :P

Is this really what you want to see?

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Jerilock Wrote:
> wtf dude seriously?

No. When have you ever known us to be serious??? Don't worry: when you come up, you'll be able to make fun of my hair. :P

Hot pants, huh? Not sure what I'd fear more: Jason rocking hot pants or Ben's new-found affection for My Little Pony. C'mon...y'all're scaring away the new folks! Heh...
Hell, I won't be there anyway. What do I care if I scare people off???

More serious than thou
Soooooooo... who's putting people up at summit time? As it stands I'll be in Boston a little after noon. And hopefully stay somewhere for the night and take off the following morning.
Anonymous User
I have space but I am located about an hour WNW from Boston. Speaking of which do we know the actual location yet?
I'm gonna need somewhere to crash afterwards... my plan is to go from Potsdam to Albany on Friday, and then drive to the Summit on Saturday morning, stay over, and drive back on Sunday... loooong driving weekend.

[prometheusrising.net]
My biggest obstacle right now is transportation. I'm gonna need a ride from the airport and a ride back sunday morning. Which will really suck for whoever with a hangover takes on that burden. If a cab ride isn't totally insane I may have to go that route.

*edit Or if everyone is planning to stay up all night, I can just catch a flight around 5am.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2011 07:10PM by servbot30.
josh fraser (Moderator)
servbot30 Wrote:
> My biggest obstacle right now is transportation.
> I'm gonna need a ride from the airport and a ride
> back sunday morning. Which will really suck for
> whoever with a hangover takes on that burden. If a
> cab ride isn't totally insane I may have to go
> that route.
>
> *edit Or if everyone is planning to stay up all
> night, I can just catch a flight around 5am.

I live a 5 min walk to the airport, you can catch a ride with us, if need be. I wont be back from Germany until the day of I think, but i will forward you my info .
josh fraser (Moderator)
I wanted to mention to everybody, that I have been speaking with a good friend who is a film maker and, I have convinced him to make the Summit into a documentary about the vintage Japanese toy culture. I have spoken with the powers that be about this, and gotten the go ahead, but wanted to let everyone know they can certainly be involved as little or as much as they want, but there will be a guy filming the event. We will also be considering a "King of Kong" style interview set up, one on one, and would love for people to be a part of it. I feel this could be a great potential film project. Logistics and what not to be worked out at the summit. Whatever releases that need to be signed and questions answered. This is going to be the best summit yet everyone.
josh fraser Wrote:
> I wanted to mention to everybody, that I have been
> speaking with a good friend who is a film maker
> and, I have convinced him to make the Summit into
> a documentary about the vintage Japanese toy
> culture. I have spoken with the powers that be
> about this, and gotten the go ahead, but wanted to
> let everyone know they can certainly be involved
> as little or as much as they want, but there will
> be a guy filming the event. We will also be
> considering a "King of Kong" style interview set
> up, one on one, and would love for people to be a
> part of it. I feel this could be a great potential
> film project. Logistics and what not to be worked
> out at the summit. Whatever releases that need to
> be signed and questions answered. This is going to
> be the best summit yet everyone.

Now I HAVE to buy the pony shirt lil'b sent me.

[prometheusrising.net]
josh fraser (Moderator)
I actually want to do individual interviews, but keep in mind as much as I want this to be fun ,I think we should take it seriously enough to try to make a sincere snapshot into our world. It is pretty varied and interesting to me and others, and the community that has sprung up over the years among the various sites , and the real friendships that have occurred in real life and on the web in the past decade really offsets the obsessive and cliche trappings of movies about collectors. I think it could be entertaining to the general public without being a car crash of shut ins who collect toys and sit at home in their underwear on ebay on a friday night.

not that there is anything wrong with that... cough *ahem*.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2011 05:19PM by josh fraser.
Guys what town is the summit in? Please inform us so i can make arrangements.
josh fraser (Moderator)
Mario, I will send you directions soon.
Can you send me directions as well Josh- I'm trying to set up my transportation plans for this Thanks

[www.facebook.com]
[www.zazzle.com]
[www.frankiebwashington.com]
[www.joggingwithllamas.blogspot.com]
Do I have to volunteer for the "Dunk-The-Bozo" game again? Maybe we could win Incubots. ;)
josh fraser (Moderator)
So apparently there are no flights out of Berlin Friday night the 19th. My design presentation is ending at 2pm Friday So I am literally going to be coming from the airport as my flight gets in at 1pm from Logan and I will drive over after. So I wont be there until 2pm. Though I need to send the film guy over earlier.

Crazy...
No worries, hillsy can just throw on some asymetrical outfit and 'do, and stand in for you!
Sanjeev (Admin)
repairtechjon Wrote:
> ...hillsy can just throw on some
> asymetrical outfit and 'do, and stand in for you!

I don't even know what that means, but I'm laughing!
josh fraser (Moderator)
Do I wear off the shoulder halter tops or something? Haha.

I changed my flight for you good folks and will be there on time. I get back Friday night. So hang out time is good for me the night before too.
Won't be making this. Gonna try to be there in October for the show at Lot F Gallery.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'ma hold you to that, Bert! See you in October! ;)
Are we allowed to post summit want lists? :P I'm already day dreaming of the treasures that await.
mcfitch (Admin)
I don't see why not? I'll get on that in Teh Market right now.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
cae
I R not gonna be there so I'll be there in SPIT ...

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
i SO want to try mason's cooking. it's not to be. someday. cheers, all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer