[Music] What do you listen to....

Posted by Jerilock 
... when you're watching the last few seconds of an auction? I've gotten into the habit of listening to Arlo Guthrie whenever I'm waiting for something I'm going after to end, keeping my fingers crossed that in the last few seconds some a-hole won't drop an extra 5 yen and screw me out of something. how about the rest of you guys, any rituals or habits you get into while waiting for something to end?
josh fraser (Moderator)
I listen to a youtube video of the character in question. Nothing like winning a Kamen rider toy listening to the theme song.
mcfitch (Admin)
I listen to my own heart pounding and want no outside distractions.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
mcfitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I listen to my own heart pounding and want no
> outside distractions.
> -Mason

That pretty much describes it for me too.

More serious than thou
fujikuro Wrote:
> mcfitch Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I listen to my own heart pounding and want no
> > outside distractions.
> > -Mason
>
> That pretty much describes it for me too.

Thirded.

Plus grumbling when I try to refresh the page and it reloads slowly because x other people are doing exactly the same at the same time.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
josh fraser (Moderator)
[www.youtube.com]

Sometimes this is my standby
A bit predictable but whenever I'm in a bidding war with one other guy this is usually going on in my head: [www.youtube.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
As the majority of the shit I'm bidding on is offa Y!J, one song wouldn't be an option. I woke my ass up for an auction scheduled to end at 9:32 this morning. I threw down my fuck-all bid at 5:10 left...and for the next half fucking hour, ONE single punk-bitch nickel-n-dimed until I really just didn't care about the toy anymore--I just wanted to go the fuck back to bed.

So, yeah, more like a whole *album*.

[But for real, I don't listen to music--I just sorta distract myself with e-mail and whatnot between the damnable 5-minute extensions...]
josh fraser (Moderator)
I once had to sit around for a 1 and a half hour extension. So count yourself lucky it was only 30 minutes. The 5 minute extensions are quite annoying.
Sanjeev (Admin)
True, but I got back from JoshB's at 4AM. I did NOT want to be conscious at that time. ;)
Ha! We just had the nickel n' dime conversation too. ;0)

As for music at auction end, totally random for me. No signifigance. Maybe I gotta work that more to win?
josh fraser Wrote:
> I once had to sit around for a 1 and a half hour
> extension. So count yourself lucky it was only 30
> minutes. The 5 minute extensions are quite
> annoying.

Especially with some bidders, who wait until the last minute to put in a bid that's not very much higher than their previous bid. I hate it when I bid like 10,000 yen, and the bidding goes on and on and on with little increases every 5-10 minutes...only to end when I get fed up and they bid 1 yen more than I did.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Jeez....I must be the "freak" of this lot, then....I just put in my max and not think about it until the end. I'm very removed from the whole process...kinda like Annie Hall, but with auctions instead of sex. And no Woody Allen.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
josh fraser (Moderator)
hillsy Wrote:
> Jeez....I must be the "freak" of this lot,
> then....I just put in my max and not think about
> it until the end. I'm very removed from the whole
> process...kinda like Annie Hall, but with auctions
> instead of sex. And no Woody Allen.

You are a better person for it. I guess the point of that process is to exhaust the other bidder into giving up.
Actually, I think it was to keep my sanity....I know all too well what it's like when the tiger blood takes over at the end of an auction, and paid way too much for something because I had to win.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
hillsy Wrote:
> Jeez....I must be the "freak" of this lot,
> then....I just put in my max and not think about
> it until the end...

Buh?

This is exactly what I do...but I just want to know whether I've won before going back to sleep. I throw down my absolute max with about 5:05 left (so as *not* to extend)...then sit around, killing time, trying to stay awake until I know yay or nay...
What I'm saying, Sanjeev, is that auctions don't interrupt my sleep patterns. ;)

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer