Music that Ben will hate

Posted by servbot30 
I need to try harder, then, until you DO hate black people.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Prometheum5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm beginning to suspect you just think I hate
> black people, though.

Oh come on...that's not fair.

Latinos too

Wild Puerto Ricans

Golpe de Estado

:P
No one can be a crybaby, since the triumphant Summit return of Prometheum5, and cuz he obviously HATES Steve Urkel playing the CeeLo Green part, dancing around in plaid pants like a fool, and being a ladies man. ;0P : [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2012 06:41PM by repairtechjon.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Y'know what's funny is that Ben actually mentioned to me a while back that he loved Cee Lo!

Oh, and Jaleel got game!
Speaking of r&b, Kid Cudi's first album, "Man on the Moon: The End of Day", is great. I'd been meaning to listen to it for a while now, and finally gave it a shot. Had like six different songs from it stuck in my head at varying intervals for the last few days.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
josh fraser (Moderator)
Exscuse me while I be a hypocritical douche for a moment.

I am amazed Ben likes the Dresden Dolls. Actually I am not, now that I think about it. It is like listening to Tori Amos after 1998 though...kind of makes me want to drink and go to sleep.

You really like lightweight pop goth cabaret bands? I know Amanda, she is kind of a tool. It made me realize just how effed up the Boston scene had become. Her mainstream legitimacy just comes from the fact she bones Gaimen ( she got major goth cred for fucking the Sandman), but her music is rehashed and unoriginal.

Alkaline Trio ruined that Violent Femmes song for me btw. ;-(

Ok rant over.
josh fraser (Moderator)
I think I am just posting this because I still hear Alkaline Trio in my head.

I need to clean out my brain: Here some stuff you might hate.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Y'know, I've never liked El-P or Aesop Rock. I've always felt that El-P was overrated...but I think part of that is because I find the sycophant NYC hipster/back-packers who worship him so fucking vile. Oh, and his showing in his beef with Esoteric (whom I prefer lyrically, creatively, and flow-wise) was pretty uninspired...they should just battle and get it over with.

Aesop...well, he's just too fucking out there. It's fine if some are into his more experimental shit, but it's just not for my more-old-school (read: conservative) hip hop tastes.
josh fraser (Moderator)
Aww, sorry Sanjeev I had to remove my back pack and put on my British Knights first before I wrote a response...

Ok I will give you that, I like Esoteric as well, but I have to say sometimes he feels like a Masshole version of JAy Z ;-)

Here, is this better?

[www.youtube.com]

Oh and for good measure, you better have these songs in your battery pack mobile on our road trip ti Chi town or I will be sad.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2012 09:00PM by josh fraser.
fraser posts: DeLaSoul "Saturdays"

Darn you Josh! Now why didn't you have a roller rink party organized for after the Summit?!
Sanjeev (Admin)
josh fraser Wrote:
> Aww, sorry Sanjeev I had to remove my back pack
> and put on my British Knights first before I
> wrote a response...

Haha...just 'cause some noobs don't know your steez doesn't mean that I don't! I know you're an OG, kid (who else would be reminding *me* of classic De La and Tribe???)--I didn't say that *everyone* who dug El-P was a NYC douche...just enough of them to turn me off! ;)

> Ok I will give you that, I like Esoteric as well,
> but I have to say sometimes he feels like a
> Masshole version of JAy Z ;-)

^^Classic! I love it...total Revere accent with a little guttamouf lisp! I'm not the *biggest* Eso fan, but I still think he's better than El-P...in terms of his flow and the creativity of his lyrics. Oh, and 7L's beats EVISCERATE whoever's producing for El-P.

I'd never heard Heavy before, so thanks for that! Here's more I dig:
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

(of course, they feature Celph Titled, *my* kind of motherfucking emcee!)
<< (who else would be reminding *me* of classic De La and Tribe???)>>

**coughcough**

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Oh, and speaking of clearing my throat....

[www.youtube.com]

and the Biz is...

[www.youtube.com]

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
And just to be random....

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
josh fraser (Moderator)
I am going to change this up. This is for you Hillsy.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2012 02:49PM by josh fraser.
All quality choices!

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
hillsy Wrote:
> << (who else would be reminding *me* of classic De
> La and Tribe???)>>
>
> **coughcough**

LOL

Now...if only Ben hadn't left TBDX...

:P
We should only be so lucky...

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
josh fraser Wrote:
> Exscuse me while I be a hypocritical douche for a
> moment.
>
>
> I am amazed Ben likes the Dresden Dolls. Actually
> I am not, now that I think about it. It is like
> listening to Tori Amos after 1998 though...kind of
> makes me want to drink and go to sleep.
>
> You really like lightweight pop goth cabaret
> bands? I know Amanda, she is kind of a tool. It
> made me realize just how effed up the Boston scene
> had become. Her mainstream legitimacy just comes
> from the fact she bones Gaimen ( she got major
> goth cred for fucking the Sandman), but her music
> is rehashed and unoriginal.
>
> Alkaline Trio ruined that Violent Femmes song for
> me btw. ;-(
>
>
> Ok rant over.

Man, I've been missing out on this... Yes, I do enjoy the Dresden Dolls. Not all of it, but I really love certain bits between the albums and the live stuff. I'm not sure I'm super specifically into lightweight goth punk stuff, but I do really enjoy things that make smart use of contrast between slow and heavy bits. Then again, I get a kick out of certain Regina Spektor songs as well. Lately, I've been addicted to dubstep for that exact reason... expertly done buildup and payoff gets me bumpin'. I don't know anything about most artists I listen to in real life, but it's too bad that the Dresden Dolls lady is a jerk. I think Reagan once told me a similar story about the Mindless Self-Indulgence lead singer being a prat. Oh well.

And man, oh man. I LOVE that A3 Violent Femmes cover. There's something about the sound or the rhythm of most VF songs that I get kinda bored by, but I thought Matt Skiba injected just enough personality into the vocals to add some weight and uniqueness without losing that weirdness and fun that a good VF song has.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
I didn't get you nuttin'!
[www.youtube.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Classic!
I... sorta like this:

We Hate Everyone -K. Flay

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Been too long since anyone has retorted, so here are some joints that have had me illin' as of late:

Demigodz - Dead in the Middle (Just some grimy-ass gutter shit. Just the way I like it. Incidentally, Big Pun was among the greatest to ever spit. Like you need me to tell you that...)

Czarface (Esoteric & Inspectah Deck) - Rock Beast (Some more musically-sophisticated shit, combining the boom bap beats of 7L with the classic Boston-to-NYC rhyme styles of Eso and Deck.)

Greydon Square - Grow Too Old Soon (For when you need more mellow ish to enjoy psychotropics to. Nekrodave put me on to this guy...and his sciency rhymes definitely stimulate your higher cortex.)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Speaking of Greydon Square...
[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer