All About Core

Posted by cae 
cae

Translation:
"Corey has a cat. Corey got divorced. Corey has a kid that goes in the middle. Half of his garage is toys because he is a toy collector. He has a room full of movies and music. He has a house that's for two people (read: duplex). One time a week I get to see Corey."

by Charlie, age 6

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
A cat, kid, garage, toys, movies, music, house, and this kid who's happy to see you, ...that sounds like some fine essentials right there. I hope that's posted on the fridge with a magnet!

So neat too, to see that double lined, wood-chunk filled paper, is still an essential learning to write tool.
You know what? His spelling actually makes sense. There is an internal logic to it that needs praise. Well, except the "faf" and "mit" bits. But you see how he uses the c in "cid" as a hard c and continues it throughout? That's very cool.
As a teacher who occasionally teaches English to people (well, British/Canadian English where we spell "colour" with an extra, useless letter), the first thing I point out is how messed up our language is. Bloody Normans. If it wasn't for them, English speaking folks would have a higher rate of literacy. ;)
cae
Nice to have some actual kids over to marvel at and mess about with the toys. How cool that woulda been to me at 6 ...

hassenpfeffer
"Nice to have some actual kids over to marvel at and mess about with the toys."

Jim and I enjoyed it, as well. Oh, wait....

Did you show them the GG Allin doc, too? ;)

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
GG Allin is my idol. I roll naked in glass every night.

Not that comes as a surprise.
cae
Nothing like GG Allin to liven up your kiddy's playtime ...

hassenpfeffer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer