Ashley Wood 3A Stuff

Posted by fujikuro 
The clear body one is the only one that really looks cool to me. Of course I WOULD be into the one that is going to be super expensive to get. Guess I am out of this horse race! Oh well.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2014 04:06AM by Ginrai.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I could get behind this:

Preorder for the clear one on HLJ.

-Ginrai
Ginrai
Preorder for the clear one on HLJ.

Done and done. I think the clear one is pretty much the bee's knees. Turns out he wasn't hard to get at all. Just had to go through a non North American retailer, because so some sort of license issue. Which makes me wonder what that issue was...? Who currently has the microman/micronaut rights for N.A.?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2014 11:57PM by fel9.
Hasbro does.

-Ginrai
Sanjeev
I could get behind this:

So much better than the others, especially where you're losing the stupid gas mask and pipes.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yup...at first, I didn't mind the respirator gear...but that shit doesn't make a ton of sense when Micromen are flying around in space & shit. :P Plus that stuff is just a bit TOO Ashley Wood for me, and not enough Takara SF Land.

Anyway, bummer that BBTS is carrying these, but *aren't* offering the clear one separately (I guess you have to buy all 5 to get the clear one). I just preordered from HLJ...along with the Bandai cheapie G'14 vinyl that was never offered here!
I caved and preordered the clear one. If I don't like it I'm sure it will keep its value anyway.

-Ginrai
Looks like Anime-Export is the best deal on the clear Microman String Diver, by the way. Cheaper than HLJ.

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2014 05:16AM by Ginrai.
Sanjeev (Admin)
So HLJ is ¥4275 and A-E is ¥3825. It might be kinda off-topic for this thread, but I'm just curious about what folks think in general about preordering stuff from the various websites out there. Specifically, I'm talking about service. Like, there are LOTS of toys coming out these days with piss-poor QC. I feel like paying an extra $5 to HLJ is totally worth it in case I get a lemon. I *know* HLJ will take care of me. Same thing with places like BBTS. I forget if I've ever ordered from A-E before, but I just don't get the feeling that trying to fight for a replacement or my money back would go well...
Does HLJ still let you keep the defective (or even incorrect) shipment while sending out a replacement?
I've used A-E a ton and have been pretty happy with their service. I know for sure they would not let you keep the defective item and I'm pretty sure you'd have to pay shipping to return it, which is definitely not as good as BBTS that pays your shipping for returning defective items, but it's also wayyyyy cheaper than BBTS and did they even get the clear one? Dunno.

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Not sure about HLJ's return policy. So much has changed there over the years, though, so I wouldn't bet on anything. Still, they seem pretty on-point with the service.

BBTS only lets you get the clear one IF you buy the full set of all five doods. :/

Not to single out A-E...but I still contend that:
Rock-solid customer service and return policy > "wayyyyy cheaper"
Well I ordered the clear guy from HLJ mainly because I know what to expect. I one time had an order stolen off of my front porch and the customer service at HLJ took care of me. I figure that if they were willing to go out of their way for me I am willing to stick with them over a few dollars...I mean we are talking less than $10.00.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm saying.
Regarding HLJ service - nothing beats it. I once had an absolutely shit Medicom RAH figure that arrived broken in the package - an ass joint had snapped off in the costume itself. HLJ paid for me to ship the figure back and they send me a replacement at no cost. Unfortunately, the replacement also arrived broken. Same thing, they paid the return postage and offered to ship me another or just refund the original price. I suggested they open one to see if it was broken and, if not, send it out. They checked three figures before determining that they were nearly all broken because of some problem with the plastic. We happily settled on a refund and I've never looked back.

By contrast, nearly every other retailer aside from HLJ, BBTS, and Amazon have hosed me with some QC or shipping mistake. So if the difference in price isn't substantial, I always go with one of those three.

And, in thise case, I expect 3A will use some shitty clear plastic that'll shatter the instant you move the joints. So you fine fellows might want to hedge on needing some tender love and caring return policies...
Well BBTS took back two Fortress Maximuses for me and paid shipping and finally refunded me because they were both defective, so I mean, that was pretty sweet.

-Ginrai
Had great customer service from BBTS and HLJ over the years. Robot Kingdom has been OK, but AmiAmi... don't bother ordering from them unless you like to gamble.

More serious than thou
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer