[GI Joe Post-25th and beyond] A Real American Military-Industrial-Entertainment Complex

Posted by gingaio 
Sanjeev (Admin)
Supersentai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Made the mistake of seeing the last turkey in the
> theaters, ugh, was that hard to watch.

Heh...the trailer and interview I linked above filled me with enough cautious optimism that I actually downloaded the first movie (which I originally had avoided like gonorrhea). I texted my homie who actually sent me that link...and he said that it would make me "scream with rage and beat women and children". He went on to assert that I would "have a better time trying to perform fellatio on myself". Point taken. I canceled the torrent.

> I'm not
> sure what the universal law of directors
> re-booting beloved properties of which they either
> know nothing or just don't "get" is, but this at
> least sounds like it could buck the trend.

Honestly, you never know. I think you have to take each instance on a case-by-case basis: that interview rang legit to me...hence my cautious optimism. But Michael Bay was said to be a huge Transformers fan before committing his atrocities. And further, Christopher Nolan knew next to nothing about Batman before he took on that project. So...no universal law for you.

> I'll still wait to hear from some other poor sap
> who goes first and reports back.

Pretty much my MO for any consumables these days...
I guess the most glaring example that debunks my "theory" would be Lucas and what he did to Star Wars...oops...don't know how I missed that unless I'm just trying to forget those flicks.

RT is the site I trust for most reviews, haven't been let down by the consensus if you give it a week for the reviews to fill in.

I think while watching "Joe" I was at the stage of rage where I could have started randomly pummelling teenagers, pretty much because most of them have it coming, but I didn't get anywhere near fighing the temptation to fellatiate myself.
I'm a hardcore fan of the old Joe comics, and I didn't get angry watching The Rise of Cobra. I got excited, then a little confused, then disappointed over and over. Just disappointed.

And now I'm excited again, for no good reason. Because it's GI Joe. Every little fanboy bone they throw me is delicious. What's the worst that can happen? I can just be horribly, mortifyingly disappointed again.

Also note that director Jon M. Chu previously directed Step Up 2 The Streets, Step Up 3D, and Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. If nothing else, this movie will be... graceful. And pretty.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Maybe Joe and Cobra will settle thier differences with a dance off...I can almost see it now.

Didn't Snake Eyes break dance in one of the cartoon episodes, or do I need to start worrying about my memory memory memory?
Sanjeev sez:

<<He went on to assert that I would "have a better time trying to perform fellatio on myself">>

I thought you were trying to avoid gonorrhea? And the ninjas fighting Snake Eyes on the wall is pretty graceful.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Douché, sir, douché.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Gcrush Wrote:
> asterphage Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dammit, WHAT is the motivation of making things
> > like this convention exclusive anymore, besides
> to
> > make a small number of fans feel special
> because
> > they can afford to make the trip?
>
> It's the weenie wagging ghost of the scarcity
> economy.
>
>
> > Gcrush Wrote:
> > >
> > > The Oktober Gard look awesome, but the
> > fish-headed
> > > doods in dusters are boring as hell.
> >
> > DO YOU EVEN LIKE G.I. JOE???
>
> In Soviet Russia, GI Joe doesn't like you.

Again, apologies to Mr. Crush and Paul for clipping the posts.

But yeah, it's going to take some work to figure out how to get a set of these figs. Damn.

The Iron Grenadier variants look pretty cool to me, actually. I think it's the skirts. Not as cool as the original black version, but still pretty sweet. I'll probably sell them, though, if I do end up getting the set. The NEVER EXISTED IN TEH SHOWY part, you know...
gingaio Wrote:
>
> But yeah, it's going to take some work to figure
> out how to get a set of these figs. Damn.
>
> The Iron Grenadier variants look pretty cool to
> me, actually. I think it's the skirts. Not as cool
> as the original black version, but still pretty
> sweet. I'll probably sell them, though, if I do
> end up getting the set. The NEVER EXISTED IN TEH
> SHOWY part, you know...

If you pick up a set I will split it with you. I will take all the Iron Grenadiers plus Voltar off your hands for whatever a fair split of the cost and shipping works out to be.

I really dig the "heavy weapons" Iron Grenadier and Destro from the recent line, and I would LOVE to have some "standard" Grenadiers to hang out with him. I do dig the long coats... it's reminiscent of the Soviets, and the Waffen SS, and all those sinister regimes that inform our perception of "the bad guys" in the 20th century West. It feels appropriate for Destro's legions, too, what with his castle being in Generic Eastern European Nation...

-Paul Segal

asterphage Wrote:
> gingaio Wrote:
> >
> > But yeah, it's going to take some work to
> figure
> > out how to get a set of these figs. Damn.
> >
> > The Iron Grenadier variants look pretty cool to
> > me, actually. I think it's the skirts. Not as
> cool
> > as the original black version, but still pretty
> > sweet. I'll probably sell them, though, if I do
> > end up getting the set. The NEVER EXISTED IN
> TEH
> > SHOWY part, you know...
>
> If you pick up a set I will split it with you. I
> will take all the Iron Grenadiers plus Voltar off
> your hands for whatever a fair split of the cost
> and shipping works out to be.
>
I'm down with that Paul. In fact, I wasn't planning on keeping Voltar, either (Alyosha at [brokenarrowtoys.com] sells a much more accurate custom version of that fig...[tinyurl.com]).

Just a warning, though--I'm expecting the set to be in the $300 to 350 range, and that's assuming I'm "lucky" enough to be able to reserve a non-attendee set.

> I really dig the "heavy weapons" Iron Grenadier
> and Destro from the recent line, and I would LOVE
> to have some "standard" Grenadiers to hang out
> with him. I do dig the long coats... it's
> reminiscent of the Soviets, and the Waffen SS, and
> all those sinister regimes that inform our
> perception of "the bad guys" in the 20th century
> West. It feels appropriate for Destro's legions,
> too, what with his castle being in Generic Eastern
> European Nation...

The standard black IG and the Destro IG are two of my favorite figures from the modern line, and with these variants, a big part of their attractiveness is due to the historical touches that you mentioned regarding the costumes.
asterphage Wrote:
> Gcrush Wrote:
> >
> > It's the weenie wagging ghost of the scarcity
> > economy.
>
> So what do you think is the key force behind this,
> that causes Hasbro to sell the products this way,
> when with other exclusives (like their Comic-Con
> merchandise) they sell them at a delay online,
> sometimes with higher prices? Is it just the
> company running the convention? Because that seems
> like an awful lot of pressure for convention
> organizers to exert, when Hasbro could be selling
> more toys, making more money and earning greater
> loyalty from their collectors.

I'm sure Mr. Crush will have a more eloquent response, but from all I've ever known about the adult collector action figure market, the reason for crap like this Oktober Guard exclusive set is that the bigwigs at corporate don't really care about appeasing older fans' tastes, and that's completely understandable to me.

The people who do care are the people who run and attend these conventions, and I think it's less about profit than it is good PR for both the organizers and Hasbro.

If you listen to all the passive-aggressive griping from Toy Guru, you'll come away with something like, "Mattel doesn't give a crap about you, blah, blah, blah, if not for my efforts, blah, blah, you wouldn't even have what you've gotten, blah, blah, you realize how tiny our budget is? blah, blah, so stop complaining and be grateful." And He-Man's a pretty popular property, relatively, with propulsive big-boy-nerd support. With something less popular like Thundercats, you get the panic you've got now because apparently, the toys didn't do well (which jeopardizes the cartoon), and with no news regarding the future of the Classics line, everyone's assuming that the property's dead. (Which is a shame as Bandai's take on the characters blew me away...though maybe my expectations were just really low.)

With GI Joe, there was a big push for the 25th and 30th lines, and every so often, Hasbro might toss the collectors a bone, but with characters like the Oktober Guard or female characters like the upcoming SDCC Jinx, which I'll also have to pay a ridiculous amount for, it's not even a drop in the bucket, profit-wise, and not enough for Hasbro to care. As popular a character as Jinx is, to Hasbro, it's just another female character that's going to warm the pegs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2012 12:48AM by gingaio.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Tons of thread diffusion going on, but I had the Iron Grenadiers D.E.M.O.N., and I thought it was one of the most badass vehicles of the line! Totally killer...and delightfully impractical! :P

I had the 80's Jinx figure back in the day, incidentally. Pretty much ALL the ninja were hot commodities on the playground when it came to trading...female or not! Hell, you could get, like, FIVE dudes for her!

But, yeah, I think you nailed it with the assessment of how the big companies view the adult fandom. Interesting how it's almost the opposite of the moe-bend of anime these days...
gingaio Wrote:
>
> I'm down with that Paul. In fact, I wasn't
> planning on keeping Voltar, either (Alyosha at
> [brokenarrowtoys.com] sells a much more
> accurate custom version of that
> fig...[tinyurl.com]).

That new Voltar has a great head and helmet, but the fact that they're reusing the Accelerator Suit torso and shoulders for him is ridiculous.

> Just a warning, though--I'm expecting the set to
> be in the $300 to 350 range, and that's assuming
> I'm "lucky" enough to be able to reserve a
> non-attendee set.

Yeah, I'm cool with that. Better than the price I'd pay for them years from now on ebay.

> The standard black IG and the Destro IG are two of
> my favorite figures from the modern line, and with
> these variants, a big part of their attractiveness
> is due to the historical touches that you
> mentioned regarding the costumes.

A lot of that style can be attributed to the designers of the vintage figures... but yeah, Hasbro has really shown a keen eye for the overall aesthetic of each figure as the post-25th-anniversary lines have gone on.

> I'm sure Mr. Crush will have a more eloquent
> response, but from all I've ever known about the
> adult collector action figure market, the reason
> for crap like this Oktober Guard exclusive set is
> that the bigwigs at corporate don't really care
> about appeasing older fans' tastes, and that's
> completely understandable to me.
>
> The people who do care are the people who run and
> attend these conventions, and I think it's less
> about profit than it is good PR for both the
> organizers and Hasbro.

This seems to work much better with Transformers, though. There's so much ludicrously fan-pleasing stuff being produced in the regular toylines already (from the continuation of the Classics style, to the video game based figures, to bizarre turns like Animated Wreck-Gar and Animated characters being revived in the movie toyline) that the convention-exclusive toys, which were once the only way to revive obscure characters, are starting to almost seem extraneous.

Maybe it's that Transformers are more of a fungible commodity? If a toy isn't Optimus or Bumblebee, it doesn't matter who it is, as long as it's a cool robot? Perhaps characters in the GI Joe line need to fit a recognizable military or ninja stereotype in order to sell?

> With GI Joe, there was a big push for the 25th and
> 30th lines, and every so often, Hasbro might toss
> the collectors a bone, but with characters like
> the Oktober Guard or female characters like the
> upcoming SDCC Jinx, which I'll also have to pay a
> ridiculous amount for, it's not even a drop in the
> bucket, profit-wise, and not enough for Hasbro to
> care. As popular a character as Jinx is, to
> Hasbro, it's just another female character that's
> going to warm the pegs.

Weren't last year's Hasbro SDCC exclusives sold on HasbroToyShop?

Personally, I'd sooner have a modern Jinx redesign, though if she comes with an unmasked head I'd definitely buy it.

-Paul Segal

asterphage Wrote:
> Maybe it's that Transformers are more of a
> fungible commodity? If a toy isn't Optimus or
> Bumblebee, it doesn't matter who it is, as long as
> it's a cool robot? Perhaps characters in the GI
> Joe line need to fit a recognizable military or
> ninja stereotype in order to sell?

I think part of Transfomers is the larger international market. There are, like, several waves of Transformers that are Asia-only mass-market releases. This started a couple of years ago and it's expanding. As far as I know, there is zero international appeal for GI Joe. But, I guess it's obvious that a toy line premised on American military might would be a hard sell in many places outside the US...

> Weren't last year's Hasbro SDCC exclusives sold on
> HasbroToyShop?

Yes, at somewhat random intervals after the show. And their website was bogged down for hours, yeilding constant browser timeouts and resets. It was a huge fucking hassle.

> Personally, I'd sooner have a modern Jinx
> redesign, though if she comes with an unmasked
> head I'd definitely buy it.

Isn't the red version of Jinx a nice compromise between classic and modern? Kind of like the Renegades Storm Shadow that no one could find in the wild...
Sanjeev (Admin)
Gcrush Wrote:
> But, I guess it's obvious that a toy line premised
> on American military might would be a hard sell in
> many places outside the US...

I don't understand. The historically accurate and culturally sensitive depiction of ninja should be an obvious draw for a line like this in Asia.

:P
There's no other Ninja truer than this Ninja.

> Weren't last year's Hasbro SDCC exclusives sold on
> HasbroToyShop?

It's not worth the trouble, man. Paying the markup on eBay is the most sensible way to get it, unless you're going to the con (and not just for the figure). I remember the year Sgt. Slaughter came out. There were rumors that HTS would carry both versions after the show. Like a lot of people, I hung around online waiting for it to go up, and apparently it did go up for a second or two, because some people claimed to have bought it (the standard version, not the variant). Many others never even saw the figs up. Others had them in the checkout basket and were not able to make it through. It was a complete nightmare, especially when the fig would go up and sell out in under a minute at random intervals throughout the subsequent week. Like Crush said, a fucking nightmare.

>Isn't the red version of Jinx a nice compromise between classic and modern? Kind
>of like the Renegades Storm Shadow that no one could find in the wild...

There's always this Showier variant:

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2012 03:18AM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Dudikoff.jpg (20.5 KB)
gingaio Wrote:
> There's always this Showier variant:
>
> [www.amazon.com]
> e/dp/B007COCLWM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337756852&
> sr=8-1

A meritorious beast on its own, too. Love them both.
Gcrush Wrote:
>
> Yes, at somewhat random intervals after the show.
> And their website was bogged down for hours,
> yeilding constant browser timeouts and resets. It
> was a huge fucking hassle.

Damn. I dunno about Joes, but I know the Transformers exclusives were still freely available a month or two after they first turned up on the site. I guess it's just another inequality in the distribution of the two lines.

> Isn't the red version of Jinx a nice compromise
> between classic and modern? Kind of like the
> Renegades Storm Shadow that no one could find in
> the wild...

Not feeling it. My favorite Joe stuff recently has been the Pursuit of Cobra line and related follow-ups in the current series. I want toys that actually look like a member of a military organization, whether a real or sci-fi one.

In the tacticool motif of GI Joe, the ninjas in their brightly-colored keikogi don't feel right to me. Snake-Eyes' costume designs have always hit the right mark - the dark colors and freedom of movement of the shinobi shozoku, coupled with modern gear that acknowledges what his actual job is. And the first couple redesigns of Storm Shadow, with those patterns that straddled the line between camouflage and decorative art, landed in a nice place.

Jinx's red suit doesn't look right to me outside of a dojo. It worked in the old comics, where she usually turned up in the Arashikage-themed stories with their mysticism and old rivalries, but stand her up next to the other recent Joe figures and it doesn't fit.

> A meritorious beast

Good band name.

-Paul Segal

Wow, it's been an interesting couple of days for the 30-something Joe fan. First, the upcoming movie gets pushed back, right before its release, because the powers that be are apparently shameless in admitting how much they value the bottom line. I mean, let's face it--the movie is a sorry excuse to make money. But I've never seen that point expressed in this way--has any other movie been delayed right before it's release for this reason?

Secondly, the Oktober Guard/Iron Grenadier non-attendee sets sold out in 2.5 hours (!). I was actually online when I got the email that the sets were available, but like an idiot, I waited, thinking I could order it later if I needed to because I was currently working out a deal with Alyosha (who runs Broken Arrow Toys) pick up a set for me at cost.

Alyosha called today to say that all the sets were sold out, and that he would do his level best to pick up one for me at the con. Chances are iffy at this point, because everyone knows that the price for this set is going to explode on eBay.

Anyway, he's a good man for trying, and I hope it works out, but it's going to be a busy summer for me, work-wise, and I'm using that as justification to submit myself to eBay should my contact not be able to come through for me.

Apparently, the con organizers intentionally restricted production on the set to induce a fan-feeding frenzy and to generate excitement about the con.

Which seems very counterproductive to me. There are a few other words I'd like to throw in, but I'll just leave it at counterproductive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2012 10:25PM by gingaio.
gingaio Wrote:
>
> Apparently, the con organizers intentionally
> restricted production on the set to induce a
> fan-feeding frenzy and to generate excitement
> about the con.

Wow, man, wow. Do we even want to do business anymore with institutions that outright disrespect their most dedicated audience in the guise of giving fans what they want??

-Paul Segal

Perfessir Gingy:

"Apparently, the con organizers intentionally restricted production on the set to induce a fan-feeding frenzy and to generate excitement about the con.

Which seems very counterproductive to me. There are a few other words I'd like to throw in, but I'll just leave it at counterproductive."

You see, they've been reading the TBDX Designer Vinyl thread and figured, Hey! let's give it a whirl!
Sanjeev (Admin)
repairtechjon Wrote:
> You see, they've been reading the TBDX Designer
> Vinyl thread and figured, Hey! let's give it a
> whirl!

Ha!

[Fucking Heat...wonderful how refs can essentially decide the fate of games at a whim in the NBA. Why do I watch basketball again?]
Sanjeev (Admin)
gingaio Wrote:
> ...First, the upcoming
> movie gets pushed back, right before its release,
> because the powers that be are apparently
> shameless in admitting how much they value the
> bottom line...

Whaaaaaaaa???

I just looked this up. And it spoiled part of the movie. But whatever...it's GI fucking Joe.

Holy hell. That is fucking wack as shit. Well, I think that's plenty enough reason for me not to see this bullshit...(not that me boycotting movies like this is particularly earth-shattering, but it counts for something...).
asterphage Wrote:
> Wow, man, wow. Do we even want to do business
> anymore with institutions that outright disrespect
> their most dedicated audience in the guise of
> giving fans what they want??

After so many decades of it, why should we stop now?
Sanjeev Wrote:
> repairtechjon Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You see, they've been reading the TBDX Designer
> > Vinyl thread and figured, Hey! let's give it a
> > whirl!
>
>
> Ha!
>
>
Nice, Jon.

Normally, since 'Jeev is in the thread, I would take this opportunity to say, Ha, Ha, Fuck the Celtics--A Hundred Times! (Not that I'm in much of position to laugh myself.)

But the Celtics losing is not the most preferable option at the moment.

Ah, who cares. The Spurs are going to take it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2012 02:32AM by gingaio.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Gcrush Wrote:
> After so many decades of it, why should we stop
> now?

It's true, but life's fulla grey areas, y'know? They can make you eat shit. They can make you eat shit and smile. But they can't make you eat shit and smile and like it. Or something like that...

gingaio Wrote:
> Normally, since 'Jeev is in the thread, I would
> take this opportunity to say, Ha, Ha, Fuck the
> Celtics--A Hundred Times! (Not that I'm in much of
> position to laugh myself.)

LOL

Fair enough! It's not like Boston has had a drought of championships as of late! :P

> But the Celtics losing is not the most preferable
> option at the moment.

Amen. I think the whole nation can unite against Miami.

> Ah, who cares. The Spurs are going to take it.

I'm saying. I don't think I've ever seen such a monstrously dominant team before. Truly terrifying.

Anyway...back to GI Joe sucking...
Sanjeev Wrote:

"It's true, but life's fulla grey areas, y'know? They can make you eat shit. They can make you eat shit and smile. But they can't make you eat shit and smile and like it. Or something like that..."

Dude, you eat poop? I think once you get past the eating it and smiling part, the assumption is that you like it...or you just happen to smile at the strangest of times.

Hate to break it to you, but Game 5 is when the refs will give the series back to Miami...had to happen.

> Anyway...back to GI Joe sucking...

An article I read spopped on about trying to add more Tatum to the movie...I don't think it's a SPOILER at this point that he gets croaked in the first ten minutes, hence the "Retaliation" tag...

Maybe he'll survive after going into a deep coma and all, a la "The Movie", then they'll just CGI him into the rest of the film in "Magic Mike" inspired 3-D.

Magic Mike isn't in 3-D...is it...? Eeek!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Supersentai Wrote:
> Hate to break it to you, but Game 5 is when the
> refs will give the series back to Miami...had to
> happen.

Prolly.

It's all fixed.

I'm more surprised about the Spurs-Thunder series!

> Maybe he'll survive after going into a deep coma
> and all, a la "The Movie"

Ha! I never made that connection before!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Supersentai Wrote:
> ...Game 5...

HOW YA LIKE ME NOW, MIAMI!!

LOL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2012 11:29PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - 032910_CelticsPlayoffs.jpg (157.6 KB)
Hey, being from Chicago, I know all about how it looks like you're on the verge of heading to the Finals, then the Bulls would come out of nowhere and snatch games six and seven while Mike had Denenge' Flu and two sprained ankles.

I'd love too see Miami go down hard, but it'll be a shocker if it happens.
Game 6...Celts up by a game...elemination game...in the garden...

But what does an Atlantan know about the NBA anyway...
Sanjeev (Admin)
I think the majority of the United States would love to see Miami go down hard. But do you really think they can win two in a row in Mike-fashion??? The Heat have shown NO mental toughness down the stretch...ever. Wade is decent...but Lebron? C'mon now.

I'm not saying it's a lock at all. There are certainly plenty of scenarios where the Heat DO take the next two games...but that would be all on the C's. It's Boston's series to lose now. And it could happen.

But a "shocker"? I don't think so at all. I can totally see the C's taking the series tomorrow night.

The BIG question in my mind is what's up with the Spurs???
Sanjeev Wrote:
> The BIG question in my mind is what's up with the
> Spurs???

The answer is....Old men somtimes get tired...

As far as the Celts go KG and Rondo have shown what it means to have heart...Everytime someone on the Heat turn around there is Rondo...and damn...if KG ain't a true leader on the court...something that Lebron and Wade are not...Seriously how many times has KG fired the guys up on the court/bench/huddle...

And You are wrong if you don't love Doc Rivers (a former Hawk and the reason I'm pulling for the Celts)...He coaches like a man who made a living playing the kind of ball that the Celts are playing right now...
Oops...Damn Lebron got mightly pissed...and in a way he sould be he was out there playing by himself...Right now this looks to be going either way....flip the coin...ugh...
Sanjeev (Admin)
Gingaio brings up a good point in the other thread (derailment). The NBA seems less about players playing a game and more about how best an entertainment industry can profit.
Okay, since I'm here tonight, figured I'll post something in a thread that only one of out the four people who read this belabored, dying BBS still reads.

Ben's been helping me fix some of Hasbro's godawful mistakes with his magical painting skills. It's weird, but having a customized Showy/Toy-ey fig means a lot more than having a mass-released Showy fig, especially when it's painted well. Guess I really am a jerk elitist.

Bromance Bros

Bromance Orange Bro (the helmet was originally all black, and I needed to drill holes in the ports for the tubes)

Rock Viper (the head and helmet were definitely not Showy on the stock version; custom cast helmet)

Motor Viper (the figure was practically all unpainted, so Ben knocked it out of the park with this one)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2012 02:12AM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Joe Wet-Suit Leatherneck 1-001.jpg (124 KB)
open | download - Joe Wet-Suit-001.jpg (117.3 KB)
open | download - Joe Rock Viper 1-001.jpg (103.5 KB)
open | download - Joe Motor Viper 1-001.jpg (78.9 KB)
Just a few more. Ripcord's helmet needed to be painted and Slipstream's helmet is custom cast and was painted. The change I liked most was for Cutter, who originally had a repainted Gung-Ho head. What a difference a custom cast and painted Red Sox cap makes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2012 11:47PM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Joe Ripcord 1-001.jpg (118.4 KB)
open | download - Joe Slip-Stream 1-001.jpg (74.9 KB)
open | download - Joe Cutter 2-001.jpg (81.6 KB)
Mas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2012 01:05AM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Joe Motor Viper 4-001.jpg (113.2 KB)
open | download - Joe Motor Viper 3-001.jpg (73.3 KB)
gingaio
Just a few more. Ripcord's helmet needed to be painted and Slipstream's helmet is custom cast and was painted. The change I liked most was for Cutter, who originally had a repainted Gung-Ho head. What a difference a custom cast and painted Red Sox cap makes.

I just love the facial hair on the Joes. It screams MANPORN is a falsetto so high you can just barely hear it over the crack of machine gun fire.

All the sometimes-not-so-secretly good things about the 1980s are actually the terribly-absurd things.
Are you shitting me? Without writing an essay about it, all I'll say is that 'staches on figures represent a more mature, dignified time. Pains me to no end that the 'stache is no longer "toy friendly."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer