Do superhero movies really suck?

Posted by Sanjeev 
Sanjeev
Plus, I didn't find anything about jerks breathing fire with glowing red eyes remotely creepy. I'm a Godzilla fan...and you just can't fake the funk. ;)

:)

I'm a wuss. That indestructible evil-looking chick with glowing red eyes that tried to kill Tony creeped me out. Only thing worse would have been a little indestructible evil-looking kid with glowing red eyes.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...like that little girl in the wheelchair in the vice president's home!

I loved how they introduced Extremis...as essentially an undetectable suicide bomb. To me, that was FAR more horrifying than hot, glowing assholes. But I guess that goes with the whole red herring thing...West Asian terrorism was obviously not what they wanted to take on in this film...
Someone who saw MOS needs to cough up a review here before I waste my money on it. $100 million for the weekend does not bode well, nor does the ever sliding (now 54%) rating on the tomatometer.

Spill!
Sanjeev (Admin)
My buddy saw it this weekend...and was not pleased. He e-mailed me a whole tirade about what he didn't like about it, but then he forwarded me this review:
[thrillbent.com]

There's a super-brief spoiler-free section at the top...but then a rather telling wall of text with spoilers below. I think this is gonna be a torrent...
I like the "he saved us"...with the speculatively added "FROM WHAT?" line...hilliarity.
The movie was.... a hot mess.

It started promising enough though... I was almost all in for about 60 - 90 minutes of the film before it just went completely bonkers with non-stop, mind numbing CGI'd mayhem.
Sanjeev (Admin)
From all the reviews I've gotten so far from my friends, the overall sense is that there's absolutely no sense of hopefulness or idealism...the desire to rise up for your principles and be more than what you are...which are pretty much the cornerstones of the character. I don't think I need that. Bummer.
Sounds like you hit the nail on the head from the consensus I've seen among reviews.

Which is pretty much typified by the following in the movie (SPOILERS):

Clark saves bus full of kids. Clark asks, what else should I have done, let them croak? Pa Kent: Maybe

Later. Clark tells Pa Kent "You ain't my daddy!" Clark and Pa Kent then face down tornado. Pa Kent knows what is coming next...maybe...gulp!
In the movie's (half-hearted) defense, Superman's idealism (as the Big Boy Scout that we all know and love) hasn't fully formed during the film - or so was the filmmakers' intent. The combination of events (what Jor El, Pa Kent and um... a random priest advises him.... through his life from kid to 33 year old (SUPER-JESUS!) adult helps shapes who he's going to be... and the final controversial decision he makes (which I won't give away) in the film's climax, "probably" makes the biggest impact on who's he's going to be and the principles and ideals that he will be known for. Which I'm sure will be explored more in the inevitable sequel.

My fault with the film was mainly in the 2nd half. I was intrigued by the cinematic prospects of Zack Snyder's knack for visual action while infusing some of Terence Malick visual lyricism, all the while, being godfathered by Christopher Nolan. And a lot of it was quite nice (I liked the Costner stuff and found his death effective and when Clark first learns to fly - that's some good movie candy right there). So I wouldn't say it's a BAD film... it might even still be worth catching on the big screen since it is essentially a BIG movie. But the Jesus stuff (not uncommon for Superman stories of course) was laid on a bit thick and the non stop mayhem of the third act came across as numbing and emotionless....by the time the 5th skyscraper collapses in spectacular CGI fashion - you just didn't care that hundreds of thousands of innocent Metropolis citizens were probably being killed during Zod's attack and his tussle with Superman.
They did the same Jesus emulation schtick in Returns taking the "cross pose" before he fell back to Earth after tossing the New Krypton Condominiums development into space (shortly after the beat down by Kal Penn). As a religious type myself, it comes across as uncomfortable and a bit silly. I imagine it's the same for non-religious types, do you really look to a Superman movie for any sort of spiritual guidance? If you are going for a messianic Supes, then at least give him back the rocking 90's Super-mullet!
Just got back from MOS. Yikes.

Ever feel like you just watched four movies at once?

If you crammed together elements of ID4, the Matrix (complete with Lawrence Fishburn), SW Episode II (Attack of the Clones), and World Trade Center, along with varied other co-tangent properties, you'd have the muddled mess I just sat through. No rush to see that again, can't imagine you'll be able to make out much of the action sequences on anything less than a 100" screen anyhew.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Y'know, I find that I'm able to comprehend MUCH more of these "busy action" sequences on a smaller screen. I guess because the screen's smaller, I'm not super-focused into just a tiny portion of the image...and thus my brain can take more in at once...

Well anyway, I totally don't get the pseudo-religious schtick either. It just seems so weirdly inappropriate...almost insulting. Like, you're stealing all the superficial aspects of someone's mythology...but you're NOT going to include the lessons the myths were trying to convey??? I dunno...

That, and the fact that Superman was written by two Jewish guys. What the fuck? They're trying to turn Superman--the super-Jew, the ultimate outsider that looks like everyone else, but who'll never quite fit in--into Christ?? That sounds mind-blowingly dumb.
Yeah, I don't see the parallels to Jesus. In this movie, he's basically taught at a very young age don't save people if it's going to jeapordize your secret identity, heck, not even your loved ones. Just completely suppress everything about you that makes you special because people are going to hate you for it. As a result he wanders the Earth, very distant from humanity and with seemingly no close friends besides his mom and his dog. Luckily a pretty girl teaches him that hey, maybe this world is worth saving after all. He saves the world from a threat the he and he alone unleashed on them, in his quest to find out what his purpose was. In saving the world he completely demolishes a major metropolitan area, costing what must be hundreds of thousands of human lives, though he still has time for a dramatic kiss as people are suffocating under the rubble. And oh yeah, the writers stick him in a situation that you shouldn't really stick Superman in unless you have a lot of time for follow up.

If I could completely forget everything I knew about Superman and could accept this at face value, I'd probably have enjoyed this a lot more instead of cringing every time he used his super strength to inadvertently kill another few hundred lowly humans.
I love the part at the end when the icky reporter guy is trying to get Lois or the annoying intern girl to go to "the game" with him, as he had two courtside seats...

WHAT GAME? WHAT COURT? WHAAAA? There's nothing left for miles, unless they're playing in the big crater. Can imagine major league sports just picked up the day after the catastrophe.

As far as Pa Kent goes, I think Clarkie misunderstood his hand gesture as the impending approached. I think it looked like an "I've got it, no worries", but his little finger was making a slight hooked "get over here NOW boy!!!". Whoops.
Sanjeev
Well anyway, I totally don't get the pseudo-religious schtick either. It just seems so weirdly inappropriate...almost insulting. Like, you're stealing all the superficial aspects of someone's mythology...but you're NOT going to include the lessons the myths were trying to convey??? I dunno...

Evangelion?

Anyway, the last fight reminded me of Dragonball Z a bit. So in the last three weeks, I've seen three apocalyptic movies (This is the End, MoS, and WWZ). I'd say they're all equally mediocre, and I'm apocalypsed out at this point.
Sanjeev (Admin)
gingaio
Evangelion?

Heh...YES!

The pseudo-religious crap in that series was fucking awful. That said, however, I thought Evangelion (the tv series, not the later moronic movies) was brilliant because they essentially admitted that all that pseudo-religious crap was just...crap. A dumb plot device and totally *not* the point of the story. Takes nuts to do that...

Anyway, my boss saw WWZ last night...he said people were laughing out loud at how ludicrous it was in certain parts. Some folks were even considering leaving before the end. And these were people who'd ALREADY suspended their disbelief enough to see a zombie movie in the first place!
Sanjeev
Anyway, my boss saw WWZ last night...he said people were laughing out loud at how ludicrous it was in certain parts. Some folks were even considering leaving before the end. And these were people who'd ALREADY suspended their disbelief enough to see a zombie movie in the first place!

It's a shame, because the book is damn good...and nothing like the movie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2013 03:51PM by gingaio.
Sanjeev (Admin)
So I hear from a number of folks. But word on the street--and I have no idea how accurate this is--is that they just optioned the title of the book for the movie. The author may be credited, but he didn't really have any creative input.

They just made a shitty zombie movie and paid to slap his book's name on it. Hey, it's a good way to fill seats while not having to bother oneself with, y'know, writing a good story...
Believe it or not, I haven't seen any of the previews for MoS. I did, however, read that looney review one of you doods linked to. Frankly, if the movie is enough to piss off some nerd so hard he angrily shouts at the screen and doesn't remember it, I'm willing to go see it. Hell, I'm willing to go see any Superman film that's even remotely interesting since none of the previous ones were.

Superman, as a character, sucks balls. Omnipotent characters are, by definition, doomed to narrative bankruptcy because you have only a handful of options with them:

A. They struggle with their omnipotence by acting like frat boys (see EVERY Greek myth ever).
B. They struggle with their omnipotence by abandoning humanity (see Dr. Manhattan and Jesus).
C. They struggle with other omnipotent beings by acting like frat boys (again, see EVERY Greek myth ever).
D. They struggle with other omnipotent beings by debating them (again, see Jesus and EVERY C-List Superman foil).
E. They struggle with other omnipotent beings in fistfights (see EVERY A-List Superman foil).

Ladies and germs, these are not the most exciting options. You can only pull Option B exactly once. You can pull Option D until your audience falls asleep. You can pull Options A and C until your civilization falls and other civilizations start cribbing your "best" work, but then your character isn't a "hero" - he's a dick.* Or you can pull Option E until one of them is dead.

Can you guys really blame them for going with Option D? That's seriously the most we can expect. As long as the battle to the death looked good, then I'm all for it.

* Hell, the last Superrman film tried to split the plot between Options A and D and, uh, look how "good" that turned out.
In MOS, I caught the Dragonball Z influence as well...with the "need to test myself and push myself to my limits" speech. That's Goku, not Kal. The battle scenes seemed like something out of the DBZ anime, where they typically toss each other into mountains and such which explode and crumble, overlayed onto 9/11 stylized destruction.

I guess for any movie that came out after 2001, you do get that 9/11 feeling because it does serve as an artistic template for how skyscrapers would look falling down in the REAL world, especially with all the loose paper and dust clouds. Something that wasn't really accessible until that highly documented tragedy.

I have to disagree a bit on the limits of using a Superman charcter. When he's toned down, or set in a continuity with comparably powered threats and colleagues, he's the glue that holds things together. The animated Justice League shows managed him so much better than his own animated series, which quickly ran into the issues pointed out above.

Dini's Peace on Earth graphic novel would have been an awesome primer for how Supes felt out his role in the world, his limits to affect change and help solve problems in the world, and the resistance he would likely run into. Admittedly that's not an entire movie, but would have been fun to explore.
Supersentai
I have to disagree a bit on the limits of using a Superman charcter. When he's toned down, or set in a continuity with comparably powered threats and colleagues, he's the glue that holds things together. The animated Justice League shows managed him so much better than his own animated series, which quickly ran into the issues pointed out above.

Dini's Peace on Earth graphic novel would have been an awesome primer for how Supes felt out his role in the world, his limits to affect change and help solve problems in the world, and the resistance he would likely run into. Admittedly that's not an entire movie, but would have been fun to explore.

I think what you hit upon with the animated Justice League series is the threat-level of the baddies. That goes back to Option E. Superman can only be as entertaining as the enemies he faces.

As for the Dini work, I actually remember that one. It was clever, but so close to Option B: Jesus-man Struggles So Much with Teaching Fishermen to Fish that He Nearly Quits Being a Teacher. Or, Superman Struggles with Being Omnipotent But Not Omnipresent. Also, the scene with him plowing and the folksy agricultural allusions would make for a terrible movie.

I still haven't seen Man of Steel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2013 01:47AM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - supes1.jpg (88.4 KB)
open | download - supes2.jpg (320.5 KB)
The scene that stuck with me from Dini was where the starving populous was trying to get to the aid shipment, but the dictator threatened to kill them with his machine gun wielding garrison. Supes realized that although he was there, he really couldn't prevent a tragedy, even if he took out the despot, leading to the realization that politics can trump his best intentions. It confined him in a way that a lack of strength or will couldn't.
Gcrush
I still haven't seen Man of Steel.

I finally saw Man of Steel. I don't think the violence was nearly as important as the fact that it was a terrible, disjointed, unlikable mess. The score was overbearing. The first act of the film that takes place on Krypton was incomprehensible nonsense that they tried to make sense of in the final act, but ultimately failed. Most of the acting was horribly wooden, especially Russel Jor's stint as "Emotionless, Lecturing Father Figure 1" and Kostner Kent's stint as "Emotionless, Lecturing Father Figure 2". Everyone at the Daily Planet was obnoxious to the point that it appeared they could all taste the enevitable demise of their profession (seriously, just look at the venom surrounding the "internet blogger"). Michael Shannon looked too cartoony to be taken seriously and his role as the presumed savior of his race in contrast to Superman was wasted because it was so tremendously underplayed with a few throw-away lines. As usual, the hero was the least interesting thing in a story supposedly about him, though Henry Cavil was suitably blank enough to be an avatar for all the brooding young men in the audience. Christopher Meloni was the most competent and expressive thing about the film because his character perfectly captured both the existential terror and fierce, suicidal determination of humanity in confronting god-like alien foes - and he won't be around for a sequel.

In short, I didn't see the film as being good enough to warrant any nerd-rage about the Hero whatsoever. However, I did find myself preoccupied with a shitload of unanswered questions that popped into my head during the film:

Krypton is The Matrix?

Superman's dad is the Computer Ghost of Tony "John McClane" Stark, He Who Rides Dinosaurs and Travels with Talking R2-D2?

Superman has the entire "genetic library" of the Matrix menu in his cells, and it came from an Australopithieus skull?

Everyone on Krypton has been selectively bred for colorblindness so they don't feel bothered by monochromatic 3D display screens?

If Krypton and its outposts represent one government, why do they have a military instead of a police force? Would't Comissioner Zod be more appropriate?

If not, why couldn't the destruction of Krypton be based on an alien enemy or Braniac threat-from-within instead of Energy Needs and Fancy Jewelry? Zod gets free and travels to Earth in order to transform it for protection against the Shit That Killed His Planet and to use humanity to get revenge on it in the process. Wouldn't that make everything else make so much more sense?

A super genius planet of the future that selectively breeds its entire populace couldn't guess that breeding impatient, hyper-violent military leaders might one day lead to a coup d'├ętat?

What exactly is keeping everyone on Krypton from boneing and making more "oops!" babies?

Why do they even need genders if all their babies come out of The Matrix Homonid Skullputer?

All of their stupid armor can't protect against "Death by Prison Shiv"?

Why does everyone from Krypton speak English when the last spaceship from their planet crashed on Earth tens of thousands of years before that language even developed?

Did Pa Kent really keep a spaceship under a tarp in his barn for over a decade just so he could one day pull it off and casually tell Clark, "You're an alien and there's your car."?

Did Pa Kent really risk his life to save a fucking dog?

Is becoming a reporter even a viable career choice in the 21st century when print media has been dead since before the end of the 20th century?

Was watching naked Super Buff Man jog through someone's yard not the most awkward and hilarious commentary on body dismorphic disorder possible?

Does Michael Shannon's perfectly level landing strip cranium make him look like a Dick Tracy villain in real life, too?

Was Superman killing an Omnipotent Bad Guy truly the most egregious fault in this film?

Also, seriously, I need to come back to this point in particular. Dragons. Flying dragons on a planet where everyone has personal spaceships. Really? Have people stopped even pretending that scifi and superhero films aren't just a bad fascade for the fantasy genre and all the wish fulfillment that comes with it? Where's the fucking pretext now, man? Where?!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Gcrush
...Henry Cavil was suitably blank enough to be an avatar for all the brooding young men in the audience.

Ha! And here I was thinking that Wolverine was the only superdouche filling that role in comic movies these days...

Gcrush
Have people stopped even pretending that scifi and superhero films aren't just a bad fascade for the fantasy genre and all the wish fulfillment that comes with it? Where's the fucking pretext now, man? Where?!

^^This. Ugh. So this.

You should be a professional blogger, G. Either way, thanks for affirming my decision to avoid this movie like the plague (though I continue to subject myself to the Marvel Studios ones! LOL).
Sanjeev
Either way, thanks for affirming my decision to avoid this movie like the plague (though I continue to subject myself to the Marvel Studios ones! LOL).

I should point out that MoS was not particularly more offensive than any other superhero film that I can think of, and it was probably the most entertaining Superman film that doesn't feature Richard Pryor.
All I have to say about MoS is...Damn you Zach Snyder, why do you make such pretty movies that make no DAMN sense...It's like you and Tarsim are in a competition to make pretty, and meaningless, and pointless, and rambling, and frustrating movies that I almost like but ultimately just get angry at....Kind of like that last sentence.
The trailer for Captain America - Winter Soldier:

[www.youtube.com]

It looks.... pretty good. Got that spy/political thriller vibe going (SHIELD ie: the USA is the bad guy?) and ROBERT REDFORD.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Looks good to me. But then again, so does EVERY MOVIE IN ITS TRAILER.

The thing that has me at least a little hopeful is that there seems to be heightened tension around "doing the right thing"...even if it's not the easiest path. And to me, *those* moral dilemmas were the best Cap comics.
Sanjeev
Looks good to me. But then again, so does EVERY MOVIE IN ITS TRAILER.

True enough. I still think the first Captain Americans film was the best of the Avengers ensemble. As for this one... Whatever. I wasn't waiting for it, but it might be good.

Having said that, the general design of the Winter Soldier is so lazy and cheesy that it's almost beneth contempt. But not quite.

If you have a robot arm do you need to cut all the corresponding sleeves off of your shirts and jackets? Why? Is it so sharp that it will cut them up?

If so, why doesn't it cut your clothes when it rubs up against the sides of your body?

And will it shred towels, too? If so, how do you dry off after taking a shower? Even if you put your robot arm in a garbage bag while you're bathing you still need to use it to hold the towel to dry off your right shoulder and arm. You're going to go through a lot of towels pretty fast.

Or do you use the unshreddable Sham Wow?

Couldn't you just stich some Sham Wow into the lining of your robot arm sleeve in your jackets in order to protect them?

And howcome you can still wear gloves with a robot hand? Is the hand somehow smoother than the arm? If so, how can you grip anything? And why couldn't they just make the arm out of the same smooth, non-shredding stuff as the hand?

Also, isn't making your robot arm super reflective kind of a tactical no-no? Like, doesn't it just scream, "HEY, I HAVE A GIANT ROBOT ARM ATTACHED TO ME AND PLEASE TRY NOT TO PAY ATTENTION TO IT DESPITE IT BEING SO CHROMED OUT." Because it seems weird that you'd want to call attention to it when the entire history of prosthetics has been about making them more natural looking and less robotically freaky. Heck, even SkyNet had the good sense to cover up the Terminator's shiny bits with a bunch of meat and clothes.

Do you not-so-secretly want us to notice your chrome robot arm? Why? Are you in need of attention? How does that affect your job performance? As your boss ever written you up for peacocking while undercover?

Oh, by the way, why don't you wear a full face mask instead of just the Harley bandana tied around your mouth? Is it so you can still advertise the same brand of conditioner that Black Widow was hawking in all those other films that feature slow-mo shots or her ginger tresses flowing gracefully while she brutally kicks people's teeth in?

Did the Son of the Green Goblin let you borrow his EMO Suit from Spiderman 3?

Man, wasn't Spiderman 3 just simply hilarious?

I mean, "New Goblin", right? Ha, ha, ha!

Wait, where are you going?
Gcrush - tireless purveyor of Edna Mode's "NO CAPES" policy.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Someone had a giant robot arm in the trailer?

Apparently, I fail at attention to detail.
Gcrush
I still think the first Captain Americans film was the best of the Avengers ensemble.

Yup.

Gcrush
Having said that, the general design of the Winter Soldier is so lazy and cheesy that it's almost beneth contempt. But not quite.

If you have a robot arm do you need to cut all the corresponding sleeves off of your shirts and jackets?

There is something Gimp-like about Winded Soldier. If I were Cap, I'd be afraid that he'd beat me in combat and then drag me back to his closet to molest me:

That said, the assymetrical look probably has influences dating back to the retiarius:

Though the more direct lineage would trace back to swanky 90s superhero design....oh, how Liefeld's work lives on...the guy may not understand basic human anatomy and perspective, but he sure can musculaturize:

H-man
The trailer for Captain America - Winter Soldier:

[www.youtube.com]

It looks.... pretty good. Got that spy/political thriller vibe going (SHIELD ie: the USA is the bad guy?) and ROBERT REDFORD.

It's just funny watching a trailer and seeing parts of your city shown therein - especially when you're NOT from LA, NY, Chicago, Miami, etc.

More serious than thou
gingaio
....oh, how Liefeld's work lives on...

I saw the live-action Liefief Directors Crotch version of Captain Americans. It was awesome.

Having said that, I'd seriously pay good money to see anything by Liefroth animated into a full-length feature film.

That would be way more compelling - and fucking honest - than something like The Winter Gimp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2013 10:29PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - 2544744-tumblr_m7p7wwEAEW1r34y4ho1_500.jpg (26.9 KB)
open | download - liefeld_tribute.jpg (126.1 KB)
Really enjoyed the hell out of "Thor: The Dark World".... sure it's probably not upper tier Marvel but it was very entertaining, and similar to the first Thor movie - played on it's strength of humor and breezy charm. It almost felt that the latest run of the mill plot of the Big Baddie seeking the Big Baddie Ulimate Power Thingamajig was an afterthought (Christopher Eccleston is utterly wasted in his thankless role). Loki of course stole the movie and it was nice that they actually had a BUDGET this time and spent more time in Asgard which looked pretty good.

Oh yeah, without giving away any spoilers... the mid-end credits ending does seem to hint of big Cosmic things to come (and harkens back to the Thanos reveal in "Avengers"). And the bonus post end-credits ending was a nice finishing touch for the movie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2013 06:57PM by H-man.
Sanjeev (Admin)
On the way home from dinner last night, my girl and I passed the local movie theater and she suggested we stop by to see if Thor was playing. It was. In 3D. Starting in 10 minutes. Not bad for an impulse decision. I'm not at all the type of person who has to see movies on their opening night (or weekend)...but either way, I was a little stunned at how empty the theater was...

Anyway, we had a good time. I'd agree that it was on par with the first Thor movie. Definitely fun. But at the same time, it's not one of the more stellar Marvel Studios joints. Like, I don't think I'll really ever feel the need to see this again...whereas I can watch Iron Man 1 and Avengers over and over...

The plot was kinda meh. They just sorta make up this new villain/race (oh, but it's okay to genocide them...because they're "dark"! :P) and the aforementioned new ultimate power thingamajig...and wackiness ensues. Blah...but at least it was fun!

I didn't even realize the villain was Eccleston until the end credits. I was actually *quite* pleased that he only had a few lines...he's kind of a terrible actor! Loki was amazeballs. Asgard looked nice, but everything sorta starts looking the same after a short while. I mean, it's all fucking sepia...and every scene is inside a palace or outside in a crazy (read: fake-looking) fantasy landscape. What does a office building on Asgard look like? A construction site? A tollbooth? A baseball stadium? A department store? A fucking bathroom?

I kinda liked how more of the side-characters got a little more face time. Although they sorta forgot about Sif towards the end...and that *could* have been played up a LOT more interestingly (given Jane Foster being on Asgard). The Japanese dude got the shaft pretty hard though!

The extra scenes at the end were kinda nice...but I was hoping for a little bit more...
Sanjeev

........Asgard looked nice, but everything sorta starts looking the same after a short while. I mean, it's all fucking sepia...and every scene is inside a palace or outside in a crazy (read: fake-looking) fantasy landscape. What does a office building on Asgard look like? A construction site? A tollbooth? A baseball stadium? A department store? A fucking bathroom?

It doesn't matter as long as we know that Asgard has ANTI-AIRCRAFT ARTILLERY installed throughout the city so we can have some cool Star Warsy spaceship scenes and a nifty FLASH GORDON style force field that protects the city. Actually, the whole medieval weaponary mixed with future technology (swords vs ray guns!) had that Flash Gordon/John Carter vibe that was both bonkers and cool at the same time.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...the force field actually reminded me of the Photon Research Lab from Mazinger Z! But Flash Gordon's way more appropriate...
First pic of Guardians of the Galaxy

[www.slashfilm.com]

Rocket Raccoon looks great!
"Captain America - The Winter Soldier" might be one of the best Marvel efforts yet... it's not quite "Dark Knight" level but it's the closest attempt to Marvel making a movie that is actually "about something" and for the most part, they pull it off really well. I think the writers are really nailing the essence of Steve Rogers from the comics and Chris Evans embodies the character quite admirably...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer