[OFFICIAL] Iron Man 2 movie/toy thread

Posted by Sanjeev 
At this point, I will never find that last wave of Iron Man movie toys in stores, will I? I barely saw wave 2...
I'm wondering the same thing... I have no Silver Centurion comic wave or Drone movie wave figures. Total suck.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Do the Multi-drone packs count? I've seen a few of those recently at TRU. It may be an exclusive?
Don't give up hope, yet. I've seen them here in Seattle. If you need, you can always order from BBTS.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Posted on 4chan:

[www.toyark.com]

These crystal clear rulers with red and black markings look awesome! (the articulated armor prototypes for the 3 3/4" Iron Man and War Machine toys are only provided for scale reference).

--------------------------
I want YOU for MoƩ Sucks Army

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2011 10:57PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - 1300920807055.jpg (67.3 KB)
open | download - 1300916012785.png (431.8 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Weird--so an already-suited Tony or Rhodey gets into one of these bigger suits??? How Gordian! I can totally get behind that.
There have been a couple suit-in-suits over the years... the super-duper Hulkbuster suit used during World War Hulk was a gigantic mecha suit that regular Iron Man wore, sort of like the above, but bulkier. Specialized suits like Underwater armors have become secondary suits in recent years as well.

The exo-skeleton look on these is awesome. Really stoked, but I know the paint jobs will be disappointing, like so many recent Hasbro IM figures.

[prometheusrising.net]
They could have easily turned one of those suit-suits into a proper armored Whiplash. But we'll probably never, ever see one of those. Which is nuts. Can you imagine Star Wars toys with no Darth Vader? It's a crime.
Maybe they just have to get IM and WM out first... a matching Whiplash in armor would be a perfect compromise to get us a figure of him.

[prometheusrising.net]
C'mon G....you can't compare Vader to Whiplash in that throwaway armor design from the end of that movie. It just looks like another Iron Man suit. The drones at least looked different enough to warrant a toy.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> C'mon G....you can't compare Vader to Whiplash in
> that throwaway armor design from the end of that
> movie. It just looks like another Iron Man suit.
> The drones at least looked different enough to
> warrant a toy.

Yeah, I wasn't very clear in that comparison. I meant that the absence of villains in some contemporary toy lines strikes me as a huge oversight. Most of the toy lines I remember as a kid had some kind of hero-villain parity that made conflict possible. If I'd had a box of Star Wars doods without Vader in it I'd have felt the injustice.

(True story - that actually happened to a friend of mine. His parents would not buy him "bad guy" toys or let his "good guys" keep their guns. His play room looked like an adult collector's - just rows of guys standing at attention. His concept of play was odd and his sense of narrative largely absent. It was all about conflict avoidance as opposed to conflict resolution. "No, we can't make them shoot each other. I'll get in trouble. Here, just put them like this." "What are they doing?" "What do you mean? They're just there." "Lame.")

Seeing variation after variation of Iron Man with no one to fight just sucks since his suit of armor is basically made for fighting. It's like the people in marketing are stuck in a zero-sum analysis. Somehow "Heroes Sell" equals "Villains Don't Sell". What the fuck? Anyway.

I know nothing about the final suit of armor Whiplash was wearing. I thought it was a simple reworking of the basic drone. I was wrong.

Maybe we will see if after all - just years after it would have been timely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2011 09:32AM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - Whiplash.jpg (96.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer