[EBAY TALES OF WOE] "This isn't what I thought I was buying."

Posted by Gcrush 
I think I've just been hit with the most retarded Ebay buyer yet.

Take a look at this auction and then riddle me this: "If you were the buyer, what would you think you were buying?"

Bonus points if you can guess what this buyer expected. And why.
I would expect I was getting an action figure-sized mask that very small, like one for action figures, and totally not big enough for an actual person to wear.

Of course, that's what the buyer expected, right?
I would think I was getting a 1/6 Hot Toys Predator mask. Did the buyer think they were getting the whole figure? Or a 1/1 mask?

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would think I was getting a 1/6 Hot Toys
> Predator mask.

Roger Wrote:
> I would expect I was getting an action
> figure-sized mask that very small, like one for
> action figures, and totally not big enough for an
> actual person to wear.

See, this is exactly what I would expect from reasonable, literate persons. Clearly, you people disappoint me. What I wanted you to say was, "I would expect to receive a child-sized Predator mask like the one shown in the photo."

Now, can anyone guess why that was what they expected?
You flatter me, sir. I really have my wife read all these websites then type in my responses.

The eyes, man....the eyes on that figure follow me.....must be a person under there.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
If that's a child-sized mask, there's a pretty weird looking kid under it.
This is apparently the day for Ebay fucktards.

Including the people with the 1:6 scale kid, I've had two more buyers wonk out on me. One guy bought an item, paid for it, and then immediately sent an email saying he found the original item he was going to replace with the one he bought from me and would I mind canceling the transaction. The other was from someone who didn't know what "strike parts" and VF-1S meant when describing a Macross Valkyrie.

Also, I locked my keys in my truck. This is the first time in my life this has ever happened. What the hell?

Back to the original dipshittery, I found the buyer's explanation of why they thought they were getting a child-sized Predator mask intriguing. But I'm holding off on letting it be known until this is resolved. I want to see if it gets any weirder first.
Oh, and I'm insisting on my 50% restocking fee refund regarding the not-mask-mask. Is that reasonable?
Clearly sir, the buyer is embarassed that they felt intimidated by your large, bold type at the bottom of the listing, commanding them to "BID IT NOW!", and took heed, and now feel buyer's remorse.

Oh, I thought you could judge everything you needed to know about an item by just the wording of the first title line alone. Ya mean I have to read the descriptions now too, before kerplunking a bid? Pfft. What's that all about?
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
When you use quotes like "BID IT NOW!" what do you expect.. Man that's got a lot of mileage.
Erik Sjoen Wrote:
> When you use quotes like "BID IT NOW!" what do you
> expect.. Man that's got a lot of mileage.

I think it's the read font color that pushes them over the edge.

This shit has gotten crazier now.

The buyer bought this because their 10 year old son showed it to them. Let that sink in for a minute. 10 year old kid. On Ebay. Shopping. Parents buy something without even checking to see what it is. Apparently they let their 10 year old kid watch Predator movies, too. Amazing.

Now for the good stuff. I'll just cut-n-paste it for you all to enjoy.

====

Part I (19:45)

Look I am trying to go about this the right way and ask you to do the right thing . Like I said he had been looking at some predator mask to wear and he saw your mask that said one of a kind mask that looks like someone is wearing it for a pic .Which the picture is up close and looks like a much bigger size . I know that now that the scale size is of a modle toy ,but please understand I let him show me what he found before we ordered him a mask (to wear) with his Birthday money .So I will ask one time to let me pay shipping and please refund my sons Birthday money so he can buy a mask to wear. I know now I misunderstood but it is very decieving. I know that you have delt with this by the way some of your statements on your page read. I have talked with E-Bay and they also said the picture looks like a full mask. So let me know if you will do the right thing. If this mask is worth that much to some collectors than you should not have a problem reselling it. It is Christmas

====

Part II (19:59)

I just spoke with Ebay again and took a pic with my digital cam and sent it to the ebay resolution center and they said it does qualify as a "significantly different item than was described". I also read at the bottom of your pg in all your years of selling, you have never had to deal with a return, this is not worth being the first and damaging your 5 star rating and 100% feedback. If I don't here from you within 24 hours I will be opening a dispute thru paypal & ebay. The auction was extremely deceiving and you should be ashamed of yourself for practically stealing a little boys birthday money. You should have just put a picture of the item you were selling at its actual size...there would have never been a misunderstanding. When you advertise a mask and show a full size head..what do you think people are going to think. I'll be waiting to here from you...

====

Amazing.
Wow, just amazing. All I can say is this sounds like a case of Ebay siding with the buyer, well, just because that's what they do these days.

More serious than thou
My reply. Am I being a dick?

====

Howdy again. We're sorry you were not happy with your purchase because you misunderstood what you were bidding on. The auction description was very clear about the size of the item and was listed in the appropriate "action figure" category. The photos in the auction show the mask as it is intended to be displayed - on a 1:6 Hot Toys Predator figure and the item description also clearly states that the figure is not included. Our auction was in no way deceiving. Still, we're willing to accept a return in accordance with the policy listed in our auction. The item needs to be returned within three days of you receiving it and we will issue a 50% refund through Paypal once it arrives. You can send the item to the address below. If you have any other questions please let us know.
Fuck this guy. I like how he tries to guilt you into a refund with the story about his kid (who may not exist) and then attempts to scare you with the bullshit about eBay responding to him not once, but twice. We all know that eBay NEVER gets back to you.

If he doesn't accept your return terms, ignore the fucker. There will he no consequences.
fujikuro Wrote:
> Wow, just amazing. All I can say is this sounds
> like a case of Ebay siding with the buyer, well,
> just because that's what they do these days.

I hope I won't have to feel the long, cold, hard shaft of an Ebay/Paypal gangbang. I hate those. Their business model is so one-sided these days. Who knows what will come of it. But I'm willing to let it go to that point if I have to. It's the principle of the thing now.

For all I know I could be dealing with a buyer who is fabricating the whole story because of buyer's remorse. Or someone out to enact a switch-and-return scam. It's probably all just some capitalist c-o-n-spiracy anyway.
I don't know if $34+ is worth getting negative feedback over. My friend who has been selling on ebay for years tells me it's never worth it to argue with a buyer over something and get the negative feedback and unless it's a lot of money. He just sends them the refund no questions asked most of the time. Seems like this guy is agreeing to fork over the shipping back to you. (sometimes they don't)

Other buyers do notice any negative feedback and sometimes do not bid on a seller's items cause of it. Sometimes you get rewarded for having perfect feedback with more bids since potential buyers feel safer. Having 1 negative is a stain not worth the money I would imagine.

Yes the buyer wasn't smart and should have read the fine print but I think ruining your perfect feedback is not worth the money.

I think it's a good policy Ebay has siding with the buyer most of the time. I'll say being more of a buyer than a seller, there are a lot of unscrupulous people out there truly misrepresenting items.

I had a huge $2000 problem buying a supposedly sealed item awhile ago. The item was not and I got just about nothing back. Now that's bad.
Roger Wrote:
> Fuck this guy... We all know that eBay NEVER gets
> back to you.

I really love the part about taking a picture of the auction with a digital camera to show how it's not actual size. It shows a profound understanding of Internet Engineering commensurate with everything I learned from TRON in 1982.

Looking at the photo again on my screen I realize that it's practically 1:1 with the item. Hilarious.
I just showed this to my friend and he said what he would have done, to avoid confusion, maybe you could put another picture up there with the figure's body or better yet, put the figure with the mask next to a battery, soda can or something everyone would recognize. Unfortunately, we do live in a world where not everyone knows what 1/6 means and sometimes people do bid blindly on just what they think they see in the picture. Again most people would get it but as a seller, it sometimes is good to cover all bases.

Hope it works out for you.
gaiking123 Wrote:
> Having 1 negative is a stain not worth
> the money I would imagine.

I stopped caring about feedback the minute Ebay stopped allowing sellers to leave anything other than positive feedback. And the truth of the matter is that I literally have HUNDREDS of auctions that ended successfully where the buyer's never bothered to tip my hat. Their feedback system is seriously flawed.

> Yes the buyer wasn't smart and should have read
> the fine print but I think ruining your perfect
> feedback is not worth the money.

It's not at all about the money.

> I think it's a good policy Ebay has siding with
> the buyer most of the time. I'll say being more of
> a buyer than a seller, there are a lot of
> unscrupulous people out there truly
> misrepresenting items.

I won't disagree with you. But did my auction misrepresent anything?

> I had a huge $2000 problem buying a supposedly
> sealed item awhile ago. The item was not and I got
> just about nothing back. Now that's bad.

That sucks and I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I'm guessing it was with a laptop or something similar. I've personally known a lot of people who were scammed with refurb computers. Piece-of-shit sellers certainly do exist and high-ticket items correlate with high-fraud rates. It just ain't right.

But I've had plenty of problems with buyers over the years who work a different kind of fraud. They'll buy an item, receive it, and try to claim it never arrived, someone took the package off of their porch, that it was damaged in transit, or that I sent the wrong item. Sometimes they will even try to return a duplicate, broken item they already had. Or they'll return a smashed or empty box. And sometimes they actually do just return an item. Truth is that I never officially accepted returns before. I only started doing that because Ebay requires it now. You cannot list an item without agreeing to accept returns...

And that does nothing to compensate for the time I spent at the post office, the money I dropped on packing materials, the Ebay/Paypal fees, or the upgraded shipping I provided on my own dime because they begged me to hurry up and send it because it is for their son and they want it to arrive before Xmas. Hence the 50% restocking fee.

See what I'm saying? That's why it's not about the money.
gaiking123 Wrote:
> not everyone knows what 1/6 means

Gcrush Wrote:
> But did my auction misrepresent anything?

Reading the auction, it is not indeed totally clear to the toy-ignorant potential buyer who just found the auction by accident. I would have some sympathy for this buyer because of that. HOWEVER.

"Toys & Hobbies > Action Figures"

If he can't figure that part out, he really, really shouldn't be using eBay.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
asterphage Wrote:
> "Toys & Hobbies > Action Figures"
>
> If he can't figure that part out, he really,
> really shouldn't be using eBay.

Yeah, I thought the repeated use of the word "figure" in the auction description would be self-explanatory. As opposed to words like, you know, "actor" or "costume" or "child sized helmet." I'm still trying to figure out how they thought a 10 year old kid could wear even a full-sized prop replica.

If I have to take the return and re-list the item I am going to write the most insulting and condescending item description ever. Starting with this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 12:31AM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - relist.jpg (435.6 KB)
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
BTW, we created this in 1998. LOTS o' miles.. Still funny as hell.

G, what a cluster.. Yikes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 12:34AM by Erik Sjoen.
Attachments:
open | download - biditnow.jpg (90.8 KB)
<<<<<<I stopped caring about feedback the minute Ebay stopped allowing sellers to leave anything other than positive feedback. And the truth of the matter is that I literally have HUNDREDS of auctions that ended successfully where the buyer's never bothered to tip my hat. Their feedback system is seriously flawed. >>>>

But, the reason Ebay did that is because there are a lot of sellers who leave negative feedback to buyers and retaliate if a buyer who's gotten bad service leaves negative feedback. How many times have sellers gotten away with giving bad service just because a buyer was afraid of retaliation and didn't want his feedback messed up? There are a lot of people who have only 1 account and are both sellers and buyers so I could understand why a buyer would not want the negative.

I think this way may not be perfect but it is better. Non paying buyers get a strike from Ebay if they don't pay. I know that Ebay will suspend bidders who have a habit of not paying. If they continually not pay, they will be eventually kicked off ebay.

I knew a buyer who retracted 3 bids on 3 separate items within a week. He was suspended by ebay from bidding for 30 days.

I know it's not a perfect system but it's for the better because being mostly a buyer, I would like to see what kind of honest feedback someone I'm purchasing an expensive item from has.

BTW, it was a toy that I got ripped off on which makes it much worst since a sealed item can be worth 10 times as much as a sealed one. I should have followed my instincts, seeing this guy had a few negatives against him.

Taught me a lesson: If something is priced lower than you expect, it probably is a scam.

Again I don't think this is your fault. It's just one of those things that probably isn't worth fighting over and may be something that costs you some future business.
G, Let the buyer file a complaint. Though eBay does often side with buyers, it's also a stickler for item descriptions (if the buyer files a "not as described" complaint). I once bought a loose figure with a stuck wrist joint, and then asked the seller for a return because it wasn't described truthfully. I filed a complaint and eBay sided with the seller because the description didn't indicate that the wrist joint was supposed to move, even though it was pretty obvious it should.

So call the buyer's bluff. Which is all it is. Because if the buyer files a not-as-described claim saying that he/she thought it was a mask for a child, then you should stand a good chance of winning the case. Make sure you respond to the complaint and explain how it was the buyer's misunderstanding of an item that was clearly described. Reference the words in your listing (especially where you said "1/6 scale"). Hell, I'd even call up the PayPal dispute line to make sure the necessary info gets through.

*EDIT--I should also add that it sounds like the buyer is actually lying about having contacted the 'eBay resolution center.' I don't think an eBay service rep would say, "Yeah, it looks like you got taken." Generally, it's more like, "If you feel there's a problem, then file a complaint and we'll take a look at it."

*EDIT 2--Looking back at your listing, I think the complaint, if you decide to push the buyer toward making one, would hinge on your phrase "1/6 scale," and also on what the buyer says ("I thought it was 1/1 scale"). Every time I've had a dispute (as a buyer), I've always made sure to match my complaint against what was said in the listing. That's pretty much all that eBay/Paypal has to go on in making a decision. I don't think they even consider personal emails in which the buyer asks specific questions about the item. When I brought this up in my last dispute, the rep said that they'll look at the emails, but that there's no guarantee they'll have any effect on the decision.

So when you make your case, assume that the eBay/PayPal rep is the dumbest organism on the planet (i.e., explain the difference between 1/6 and 1/1 scale, for starters...and then explain what specifically in your listing contradicts the buyer's accusation of deception and lack of clarity).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 06:17AM by gingaio.
Oh, by the way, G, it sounds like you just got Gcrushed.

Any of you mofos out there decides to use this term, please send $3 to my PayPal account. Thanks!
Gcrush Wrote:
> Also, I locked my keys in my truck. This is the
> first time in my life this has ever happened.
> What the hell?

That happened to me at Morphys. I had to go ask an attendant to give me the name of a local locksmith. After that, I hit a curb on the way out of the parking lot and broke off my muffler.

That's neither here nor there, though.

I think the picture with the large condescending yellow text is a smart more, no joke. Generally, the rule I follow on Ebay (and some other sites) is, "what would I think if I read this and also I was an idiot?"

You can never underestimate another mans stupidity.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 01:41AM by Zambo Ace.
The fact that you cannot leave negative feedback for a buyer under any circumstances is totally flawed, I don't care what anyone says. Sure, there were sellers who would threaten retaliatory negatives, but all this system has done is transform ebay from a world of asshole sellers to a world of asshole buyers.

It's not better IN ANY WAY. It just shifted the balance of power.

Ebay argues that it's only a buyers obligation to complete the transation. Well, what if they DON'T complete the transaction? If they back out, change their mind, leave you hanging etc. you should be able to leave them a negative. An unpaid item strike - here's the problem: nobody knows about it. If they don't complete the transaction and ebay finds in your favor, you should be able to leave a negative.

Furthermore - even if a seller completes his part of the deal (like taking the item back), he's STILL eligable to be left a negative. In fact, the ONLY negative I have, is because an item was lost in the mail (which it absolutely was), I refunded the guy - and he left me a negative! If I complete my end of the deal I don't get the same safe harbor as the buyer.

Gcrush - take the negative. I'd change the wording on the picture to have the sellers ID and email address on it (too small for XXX@aol.com''s 10 year old son to wear), and I'd take the negative just to respond in the follow-up "XXX is an idiot and thought this was for her kid"

One negative with all your positives won't matter to your sales. And it goes away in a year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 01:40AM by Corellian Corvette.
yeah, fuck this guy.

But I'd like to know where it's said that you have to accept returns? So far as I can see, you only have to clearly state a return policy, even if that policy is "No returns".

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
The humor of course is that it doesn't matter what your policy is. If ebay sides with the buyer, and they will, you have to take the return.

I do think he actually has a chance to win this one however if she claims not as described.

And another thing - I'd tell the seller that maybe THEY should give him his birthday money back since evidentally they are unable to comprehend how ebay works and next time should pay attention before buying whatever their 10 year old finds on ebay.
Gcrush Wrote:
>
> But I've had plenty of problems with buyers over
> the years who work a different kind of fraud.
> They'll buy an item, receive it, and try to claim
> it never arrived, someone took the package off of
> their porch, that it was damaged in transit, or
> that I sent the wrong item. Sometimes they will
> even try to return a duplicate, broken item they
> already had. Or they'll return a smashed or empty
> box. And sometimes they actually do just return
> an item. Truth is that I never officially
> accepted returns before. I only started doing
> that because Ebay requires it now. You cannot
> list an item without agreeing to accept
> returns...

This is my problem with selling on Ebay. I'm constantly afraid of someone trying this kind of bullshit. I did sell a Transformers Beast Wars DVD set once to someone on one of the TF boards, and they claimed that it had a cracked DVD when it arrived. I packed it very carefully and there was no cracked disk when it left my hands, but I felt obligated anyway. Likely as not a swap with the broken disk the buyer had in the first place...

More serious than thou
Erik Sjoen Wrote:
> BTW, we created this in 1998. LOTS o' miles..
> Still funny as hell.

Yeah, I totally "borrowed" the BID IT NOW! from you. It has miles of legs left on it. Gotta keep on fighting the good fight.

Reminds me of these postcards I got from the East Asian Museum of Modern Art last year. The artist had a killer exhibit depicting stuff like this along with exaggerated "Mao and the Peasants" scenes. Good stuff.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 11:06AM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - &#49324;&#51652; 043.jpg (180.9 KB)
gaiking123 Wrote:
> I know it's not a perfect system but it's for the
> better because being mostly a buyer, I would like
> to see what kind of honest feedback someone I'm
> purchasing an expensive item from has.

I'm not saying the old system was ideal either. But slanting things in favor of buyers produces just as much disequilibrium. And without sellers, buyers wouldn't have anything to buy. But Ebay doesn't give a shit about that anymore because they know they have the sellers market by the short hairs. There's no good alternative to Ebay for sellers.

Corellian Corvette Wrote:
> Sure, there were sellers who would threaten retaliatory
> negatives, but all this system has done is
> transform ebay from a world of asshole sellers to
> a world of asshole buyers.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

> I'd change the wording
> on the picture to have the sellers ID and email
> address on it (too small for XXX@aol.com''s 10
> year old son to wear), and I'd take the negative
> just to respond in the follow-up "XXX is an idiot
> and thought this was for her kid"

An excellent suggestion!

Zambo Ace Wrote:
> I think the picture with the large condescending
> yellow text is a smart more, no joke. Generally,
> the rule I follow on Ebay (and some other sites)
> is, "what would I think if I read this and also I
> was an idiot?"

It's a sound strategy to make that assumption, especially for Ebay.

Corellian Corvette Wrote:
> And another thing - I'd tell the seller that maybe
> THEY should give him his birthday money back since
> evidentally they are unable to comprehend how ebay
> works and next time should pay attention before
> buying whatever their 10 year old finds on ebay.

I have a torrent of "bad parenting" commentary pent up at the moment so as to remain professional whilst the situation resolves itself. But, yes. Their approach is whack. They fucked up by not reading the description of what they were buying and now they want me to take it on the chin because they're worried Little Timmy will be disappointed.

As a parent, I know it sucks when your kid is upset. But I also know it is totally unreasonable to think they should never have to face disappointment in their lives. Admit the mistake to your kid, teaching them how to successfully deal with disappointment, and make a learning experience out of the whole thing for everyone. But no. This is America. And the natural inclination is to begin caterwauling at the first signs of adversity. Run. Tell the authorities life is unfair. They'll make it better.

Damn. I remember when I saved up my coins to buy a pair of mail order x-ray specs. My parents knew what I would get and they still helped me mail the form off. When those piece-of-shit cardboard and cellophane glasses arrived I was crushed. You know what they told me? "Sometimes you don't get what you're expecting." An inevitable truth, to say the least. And that was just last week!

Which is why I'm willing to split the difference on the return with them. As an honest seller who took the time to accurately describe the item, the only difference between, "I didn't know what I was buying," and, "I no longer want what I bought," is that the former is trying to make things entirely my responsibility. I already lived up to that. So I'll take the item back, but I'm not going to get hung for the whole deal because that completely abdicates the buyer's responsibility.
You are absolutely in the right. That said, I would probably just make them pay the cost of returning and cover any fees incurred by eBay for the listing and relisting, instead of half. That's just me, though.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Nekrodave Wrote:
> But I'd like to know where it's said that you have
> to accept returns? So far as I can see, you only
> have to clearly state a return policy, even if
> that policy is "No returns".

I use Ebay's Turbo Lister to upload the auctions in bulk, so things might be different if you go through their web interface. About two months ago any item created with a, "Returns not accepted," designation started getting blocked during upload. The error message would read, "Must specify return policy." I figured it was more of Ebay's buyer-slanted policy changes.

UPDATE: I just tried monkeying around with the return policy on an active listing and I can change it to, "Returns not accepted." But there's a friendly/ominous message, "It is OK to not accept returns, but do remember that you are obligated to describe your item accurately," right next to it. So... Yeah. We'll see what happens with this case and I may adjust accordingly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 11:46AM by Gcrush.
My return policy is "No returns." Never had a problem with it. I was also never afraid of getting negative feedback.
hillsy Wrote:
> You are absolutely in the right. That said, I
> would probably just make them pay the cost of
> returning and cover any fees incurred by eBay for
> the listing and relisting, instead of half. That's
> just me, though.

I probably would have given them a larger refund if they'd just returned it without a stink. But if I factor in the cost of packing materials, Ebay/Paypal fees, and the 20 minutes I spent in line at the post office it wouldn't have been much more.

And there are a few details I left out. As soon as the auction ended they paid and immediately sent me messages pleading for faster shipping so it could arrive in time for Xmas. Here's one.

====

Hi...just wanted to let you know that I just paid thru paypal. This is a Christmas gift for my son...so if there is any way you could get in the mail today so it could get here in time..I would really appreciate...I know he is going to love it.
Thanks so much

====

I got a handful of emails like that. I was going to go the next day because theirs was the only item ready to ship, but I did them a turn and went the same day anyway. And I bumped them up to Priority Mail instead of First Class on my own dime. Holiday cheer and all that crap. After I emailed saying their item shipped I got several congratulatory emails telling me what a hero I was for making their kid happy. Their enthusiastic emails should have been a red flag.

And now the story has gone from being about an Xmas present for their son to being a birthday present. And I've gone from being Jesus Part II to being Scrooge McKidswindler. They know enough to be all over Ebay sending me wild messages every couple of hours, but not enough to double check what they're buying for their 10 year old kid who shops on Ebay? My computer now stinks of fishy fish samiches.

My emotions can't take it. I'm sticking with the 50% restocking fee to cover all the distress and trauma my character has endured. They've ruined my Kwanza.
Roger Wrote:
> I was also never afraid of
> getting negative feedback.

Yeah. I aint' skeered. Posting about it is just catharsis.
I have been given an ultimatum.

====

You know what if you want to be like that to a kid on his Birthday at Christmas thats something you have to live with just like the worst feedback you can recieve! So I will waite for one hour after I send this last message and thats your call . If I send this tiny half a figure 1.6 1.6 1.6 thing back and pay shipping also, when its all done with you refunding half back he will get back about 15 dollars back ? Are you really that kind of person ? If you werent trying to be decieving you would have taken a picture of it (BY ITSELF) ! One hour its your call .

====

How would a picture of the mask by itself have better shown the size?

Well, I'll let you know what happens in an hour.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Motherfuck. This is mainly why I never even attempt to sell anything via eBay before Christmas...too many complete jackasses. Well, anyway, I totally agree with Roger, gingaio, and the others. No need to rehash what they've said.

Fuck money. Fuck feedback. It's about principles now.

I offer this suggestion: take what Corellian Corvette and Zambo Ace one step further. So, the buyer said his/her 10-year-old is all upset? Okay. Grant them the full refund...ONLY IF they send you a clear, well-lit photo of the kid with your open package in his lap, holding the mask, and crying (real or not...just for the camera)...and this parent who's arguing with you in the background with his/her hand on the kid's shoulder. The sadder and more pathetic the photo, the better.

Once you have an acceptable pic, then refund the money. And, of course, from then on, post THAT PIC in *every* gods damn auction you ever post with a disclaimer like, "don't be THIS jackass...know what you're buying or ask before bidding!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 01:14PM by Sanjeev.
Sanjeev, man, I love the suggestion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 01:09PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - kid-crying.jpg (136.4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer