[EBAY TALES OF WOE] "This isn't what I thought I was buying."

Posted by Gcrush 
They're researching it, and trials on dogs are currently underway:

[threads.rebelscum.com]
mcfitch (Admin)
Well, if it's on the internet Roger will find it.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
I sold some sucker some stuff at good prices over on skulldouche since he said he was a HUGE fan of the toy.....turns out I'M the sucker...I found them on eBay a week later for 3x what I charged him.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Come on, name names! And not in a PM.
It was that xphillipsx dude...

Here's the dude on eBay...a few of these were mine. I can at least take solace in that he's asking way too much for them to actually sell. I can't really be too pissed since I DID sell to him, it just sucks that it was under false pretenses.

[shop.ebay.com]

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2010 05:24PM by hillsy.
mcfitch (Admin)
Don't they lynch people on SB for that?
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
It's a kinder, gentler, skankier skulldouche.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
He has gotten reamed out tho... he even flipped some figures hat he bought from B.Flynn, which didn't go over well, but he hasn't been given the boot. Any time he gets cornered he spots something about how it's his father's ebay account and how some of the toys bought on SB are for him, so his father can do whatever he wants. I dunno. He's the one that commissioned all those Space Troopers for me, and he was perfectly nice to me, if a little slow to finish up paying, and he didn't flip those, so I've no real complaints. He posted some pics of the figures in his actual collection, so I dunno what the deal is. SB's just a mess of old curmudgeonly types yelling at every new person that shows up when they misstep, and not worth spending too much time checking for anything other than news anyway.

They banned some motherfucker who showed up just to pimp his ebay auctions the other day... it was pretty funny.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2010 05:49PM by Prometheum5.
Hilarious, all. I should write in my next auction descriptions that I will feed the toys to my dog first before mailing them out. But then I would have to buy a dog. Can someone get me a deal on one? I'm a huge fan of the Dog character.

Also, I saw this crazy banner on eBay today about their updated protection policies. They really are willing to take it on the chin for dipshit buyers. Amazing.

And as no surprise, eBay also sent out an email about yet another revamped selling structure. They're pushing sellers to start using tiered monthly "subscriptions" for selling on the 'Bay. I was encouraged to use their $14~ a month service plan because it would save me $0.10 per listing. And I was assured that "up-front" and "insertion" fees wouldn't change (much). No word about final values fees or Paypal fees. As in, it appears that eVilbay is not extending buyer protection out of the kindness of their hearts as much as out of the depths of our pockets.

And OH YEAH, I forgot to update and tell everyone that eBay's refund to the buyer was conditional on shipping the Predator mask back to me. Which they did. I can't wait to get back in town and relist that damn thing.
You know...rereading this entire wacky and stupid saga just reinforces my "No eBay Ever" policy...God what a cockup...
Did it really take me five months to re-list this thing? Damn, I'm speedy. Anyway, here is the Predator mask auction with the updated description and photos.

GUARANTEED TO FIT YOUR 10 YEAR OLD CHILD
Someones gonna have a 10yr old child, with a head the same size as ol' Lincoln's on the 5 dollar bill. Come to think, the last kid probably did.
I like that you clearly explain that the $5,is NOT included. Not some sort of rebate program incentive.
repairtechjon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like that you clearly explain that the $5,is NOT
> included.

Can you tell that one already came back to bit me in the ass?
I'm tempted to wonder whether people are really THAT dumb, but considering the history of this item's auctions... X_x

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
I just received a question about the mask.

"so is the predator included? or not?"

I'm going to scream. This fucking mask is like an albatross...
I'd guess hillsy or mcfitch probably asked that question. Just sayin'
Hah hah....as much as I'd like to claim that, t'weren't moi. At least the guy asked the question BEFORE bidding on it.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Just throw the goddamn thing out already. It clearly attracts idiots.. no offense..
"Q: Was planning a birthday party for several children who just LOVE the Predator! Do you have any other child sized costume accesories for sale?"
"A: All of the items in our fall line of Predator Child Clothing Today have been delayed because of an error at the factory. The designs specified that they should be produced at exactly 1:1 scale. We even included a $5 dollar bill with the designs to demonstrate their relative size. Unfortunately, a lack of familiarity with foreign currency and exaggerated expectations about the power of the American dollar lead the factory to assume that $5 bill we sent was actually 1:6 scale instead of 1:1 scale. Based on that they altered the size of the first run of products to be what they thought we wanted it to be. Which wasn't how we wanted it at all. So your child's birthday part is ruined because our Predator Clown Suits are ridiculously undersized for all but the most dedicated of method actors. However, we do have a delicious recipe for 1:1 scale Predator Cookies if you would like that."

... wow. You guys!
So do we need to bid on the cookie recipe, or are you just going to post it?

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Are Predator Cookies similar to Ookie Cookies?

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Are you guys getting your friends to send me inane questions now? My in-box this morning greeted me with this:

Q: does the predator mask and helmet included or just the helmet

How do I know this is a TBDX scam? The lack of appropriate punctuation in the question gives it away. Of all the Internets, only the people that live on TBDX steadfastly refuse to use proper grammars. Ha, ha. Good one, guys. You almost got me. Answered below:

A: Howdy! Thanks for the question. Only cookies shaped like $5 bills are included. Hope that helps! If you have any more questions please let us know.

I swear, this auction is somehow destined to end with a predator mask being mailed to Nigeria.
"predator mask being mailed to Nigeria."

Is this before or after they drain all the money from your bank account?

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Thanks for answering my question! It was a big help.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
hillsy Wrote:
> "predator mask being mailed to Nigeria."
>
> Is this before or after they drain all the money
> from your bank account?

I'm guess after, but there's not telling at this point.

Or is there?!?!

The mask sold and went out in the mail today. I don't know which one of you jokers bought it, but bless your soul. You can make fun of me all you want as long as you don't complain or try to return the mask for a refund.

Thank you, kind, sir. Thank you.
Well.....what was the name of the person you sent it to?

Was it Regor Yvakrah? Nosam Hctif, perhaps?

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Or May Kidd Will Lovedis?

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
hillsy Wrote:
> Was it Regor Yvakrah? Nosam Hctif, perhaps?

thomas Wrote:
> Or May Kidd Will Lovedis?

Remarkably, it was none of the (un)usual suspects...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer