[EBAY TALES OF WOE] "This isn't what I thought I was buying."

Posted by Gcrush 
True to their word, they opened a dispute.

====

He will only give half back and my son thought he was getting a mask to wear . The sellers pic looks like a mask to wear .I understand I missunderstood the scale size at the time but I did not know what that ment. My son has used his Birthday money for this mask and it is about as big as an egg. I said I would pay shipping and asked very respectfully to please understand what happened. If he was not trying to be decieving he would have taken a pic of this little thing by itself ,then we would have not had the confusion.We buy alot of things on e-bay and have never had something like this happen that we could not work out,so please speak with them about doing the right thing? It is just the top part of a mask it dosent cover any part of the face just the top part of a figures head, and that in itself was false advertisement. I mean thats what a mask is,to mask your face. Thank you for your help with this situation.

====

And before I could even reply to the dispute I immediately received this psychotic email from them.

====

O.K. -I know sellers who would pay 50 dollars to have 100% feedback ! And you would have been getting the item back to sell again . No need to send me another one of your messages saying the same thing over and over . I get it Your like the kid just screwed up he needs to learn right ? Its all good I will buy him a mask but to think I would send this piece of shit back so you could keep your feedback 100% which is what alot of buyers base weather or not they buy somethiing or not , hold your breth ! Its all good

====

At this point I have no idea what they're even trying to say.
Hope things work out the way you want, man.

More serious than thou
Now that they've opened a dispute, cut off all communication with them. Deal with eBay/Paypal only from this point on. Seriously.
mcfitch (Admin)
Yes, do what Roger said. Really.

"We buy alot of things on e-bay and have never had something like this happen that we could not work out"

This shows me that this guy is a complete retard and is what is wrong with America. I'm saying that half serious too. He fucks up in every aspect of his life and wants other people to always let him off the hook. I'm assuming here, but based on that statement he seems to have had other problems buying on ebay and had to back out after purchase.

Gcrush, Gcrush his ass. It is a matter of principle, and you're right not to care about 1 negative feedback that will dissapear in a year. I've never let 1 negative stop me from buying. There's always a crank out there like this handing them out.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
An underlying issue here is the mistaken idea that "the customer is always right." They aren't.

While we're on the subject, let's see if anyone agrees with me on this eBay assessment:

[www.skatelogforum.com]
Gcrush Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
<snip>
> And before I could even reply to the dispute I
> immediately received this psychotic email from
> them.
>
> ====
>
> O.K. -I know sellers who would pay 50 dollars to
> have 100% feedback ! And you would have been
> getting the item back to sell again . No need to
> send me another one of your messages saying the
> same thing over and over . I get it Your like the
> kid just screwed up he needs to learn right ? Its
> all good I will buy him a mask but to think I
> would send this piece of shit back so you could
> keep your feedback 100% which is what alot of
> buyers base weather or not they buy somethiing or
> not , hold your breth ! Its all good
>
> ====
>
> At this point I have no idea what they're even
> trying to say.

Wow, looks like the asshat is trying to blackmail you into giving a refund while keeping the item! That likely would even count as mail fraud.

Indeed, stop replying to him, but keep the emails, and if required use them against him (if you do, sent the copies including all the email headers so Ebay/Paypal can see they're real emails).

What an ass. Ebay-username, plz? So we can collectively block this a-hole from bidding on our items...
thomas Wrote:
> Indeed, stop replying to him, but keep the emails,
> and if required use them against him (if you do,
> sent the copies including all the email headers so
> Ebay/Paypal can see they're real emails).
>
Right, and I would take out the "if required" caveat and just mention the buyer's use of negative-feedback threats/coercion as part of your response to the complaint. These threats are also against eBay policy. So not only did the buyer misread/misunderstand something clearly stated on your listing, but the buyer also harassed you with numerous emails alluding to negative feedback if you don't bow to his/her/its wishes. You really should have a good case then.
mcfitch Wrote:
> Gcrush, Gcrush his ass.

THREE DOLLARS RIGHT NOW TO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT! OR LITTLE TIMMY WILL BE HEARTBROKEN OVER CHRISTMAS AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BUY THAT SINGLE BARBECUED RIB HE'S BEEN LUSTING AFTER AT OUR LOCAL RIBS PLACE. IT'S ONLY ONE RIB BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THREE DOLLARS WILL BUY, BUT IT WILL TOTALLY MAKE HIS CHRISTMAS BIRTHDAY AND NEW YEAR. IF YOU DON'T RESPOND IN THE NEXT FIVE MINUTES, I'M GOING TO SEND YOU ANOTHER EMAIL TELLING YOU WHAT A DORK YOU ARE! I HOPE YOU CAN LIVE WITH YOURSELF!

MERRY CHRISTMAS.
The best part of this is that it's only $35. Some sellers may pay $50 to have 100% feedback, but frankly I'd pay $35 just to drive an idiot like this crazy :)
mcfitch (Admin)
Totally agreed.
-Mason

Matthewalt &quot;I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!&quot;
mcfitch (Admin)
On the plus side gingaio just made himself $3 by Paypal. So in a way you're benefitting from this thread Mr Crush.
-Mason

Matthewalt &quot;I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!&quot;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 05:00PM by mcfitch.
If only you used a pack of cigarettes for scale you wouldn't have had this difficulty.

Sanjeev (Admin)
Mason, I hope you sent that $3 as a "gift" so that no fees are incurred. I wouldn't wanna see Paypal (and, thus, eBay) benefitting from this madness...
mcfitch (Admin)
Fuck that noise. If he's hitting me with fees he's getting them right back. Next you'll ask me to declare the actual cost of the item shipping to Canada under $50 when the auction closed at $347.
-Mason

Mason Fitch just sent you money with PayPal.

Payment details
Amount: $3.00 USD
Transaction Date: Dec 18, 2009
Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: You've got money!

Now that this responsible gentleman has paid me, my question is, Do I owe Gcrush a royalty fee? Should I buy little Timmy his one rib? Help me out here fellas. What do I do with my newfound riches?
Roger, regarding the "Aliens Are Always Right" thread, you were the sole voice of reason. Why would she knowingly overpay on shipping? And if she wanted the item so bad why was she sweating $3? Both parties were in the wrong. Dumb.

Well, I responded to their dispute with the following:

"The item was appropriately categorized under: "Toys & Hobbies > Action Figures > TV, Movie & Video Games > Predator". The description clearly states that it is 1/6th scale (meaning 1/6th of actual human size), was made using an original Wolf Predator figure's mask manufactured by Hot Toys, and that the figure shown in the photo is not included in the auction - only the mask is included. The photo is appropriate as it demonstrates to buyers how this action figure accessory would appear on the Hot Toys figure for which it was designed. Thus the item was accurately listed, described, and photographed to the best of our ability. The buyer should have had no reason to assume this was a child-sized costume piece. The refund policy for returns is very clear, we are perfectly willing to issue a full refund for the cost of the item less a 50% restocking fee once the item is returned to us as stated in the auction description."

And then the buyer escalated things by asking customer service to review the case. To which eBay said:

"eBay Customer Support will review this case and make the final decision. You don't have to take any more action. Please wait for Customer Support to make a final decision on this case. We'll get back to you within 48 hours."
I also contacted eBay's support team with the following.

"I'm worried because this member is using profanity in their communications and extortion. I feel as if they are trying to coerce me by threatening me with statements like, "I know sellers who would pay 50 dollars to have 100% feedback," and, "Your like the kid just screwed up he needs to learn," and, "hold your breth." Should I be concerned about this?"

'Been promised a reply to that within 48 hours, too.
gingaio Wrote:
> What do I do with my newfound riches?

I will sell you a replica 1/6th scale Xmas BBQ pork rib for $3.
<<If only you used a pack of cigarettes for scale you wouldn't have had this difficulty.>>>>

But you enable the potential problem of getting blamed the buyer's kid taking up smoking.
gaiking123 Wrote:
> But you enable the potential problem of getting
> blamed the buyer's kid taking up smoking.

Based on these people's shipping address there's already a better than 90% chance that kid has been smoking for years. Probably loves him some Natty Lite, too.
Only 1-1/2 days, and already a two page thread! Entertainment in spades, like the "xxxjeev wins a Godaikin" thread. Good thing this wasn't your TV set for sale. If I can work the new verb, Xcrushxng, into further use, I shall.

edited -xxx's to avoid fees, cuz I'm not no mcfitch dufus.
Mason, just so you know, I used the $3 you sent me to buy the "replica 1/6th scale Xmas BBQ pork rib for $3" as advertised by Gcrush. I'll let you know how that deal goes, or whether I need to file a PayPal complaint. I really don't want to Gcrush the guy right after he's been Gcrushed. But I'll do what I have to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 11:33PM by gingaio.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
I certainly hope they are not the ones responsible for teaching their fake kid how to spell. Oh boyo!! holding breth... ;) weather you like it or not.
If your ass is being Gcrushed, do not hold your breth. Proper respiration could mean the difference between life and death.

Gcrush Wrote:
>
> [toyboxdx.com]

What if their 10 year old kid is only 12 inches tall? That's so insensitive to, uh, elves, pixies and leprechauns.

By the way, what kind of plastic was that cast in? I haven't handled a Hot Toys Predator, but based on how Predator masks work, I'd imagine it's gotta be pretty tough but still reasonably flexible. I'd definitely like to know what material is recommended for a functional part like that, which, if not load-bearing, at least has to hold up its own weight and not fall off the figure.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2009 12:55AM by asterphage.
asterphage Wrote:
> What if their 10 year old kid is only 12 inches
> tall?

Presumably I'd be getting complaints about the fit and not the size...

> By the way, what kind of plastic was that cast in?
> I haven't handled a Hot Toys Predator, but based
> on how Predator masks work, I'd imagine it's gotta
> be pretty tough but still reasonably flexible. I'd
> definitely like to know what material is
> recommended for a functional part like that,
> which, if not load-bearing, at least has to hold
> up its own weight and not fall off the figure.

I can't remember what kind of plastic it was that we used. I made the mask a couple of years ago, right after the first Hot Toys figure came out. The stuff is mostly rigid, but not as fragile as resin.

As for how it attaches, most of those masks uses the cheeks to apply enough compression to hold it in place on the figure's face. But this one is missing a cheek because of the "battle damage". So gravity does the trick in the short term. Long term it needs double sided tape, tack, or fishing line to hold it. A little inelegant, but the mask itself looks really good. We did an ace job making it.

Oh, yeah. No new crazy emails or eBay replies yet today. I thought about posting the bidder's ID, but it is the same as the person's name. Probably not a good idea to go doing that. Yet.

Did I mention they only have, like, 45 feedback over the span of two years? Clearly they are long-time eBay experts.

I don't think anyone needs to add them to a blocked bidder list. Unless you're in the business of selling prop replicas. Or things which might ignorantly be construed as prop replicas. Or just things.
I have been thusly labeled:

Very Decieving Seller,dishonest,Misrepresents items up for auction,Stay Away!!!!

I have not replied to this feedback as I am awaiting eBay's verdict in the dispute. But I have prepared the following opening:

"Illiterate buyer thought toy was child costume."

How should I finish that up? Thoughts?
mcfitch (Admin)
Perhaps adding "though clearly labeled".
-Mason

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2009 11:12AM by mcfitch.
While I totally understand where you are coming from emotionally, you would be only be in the ABSOLUTE right if the majority of people who buy things online were above average intelligence.
"Special needs" people have buying power. Do they deserve to be insulted for making an error? Would you insult a fellow in a wheelchair who couldn't get up the stairs into your store?
The problem, obviously, is when a dishonest person (regardless of intelligence) tries to manipulate the system.
So you have to make the system as responsible and solid as possible in order to protect those who are genuinely incapable and to protect yourself from those who are dishonest (and incapeable too!).
It is the responsibility of the seller to provide as clear a description as possible, using both visuals as well as words. With the high illiteracy rate in North America, this should be par for the course, but it isn't because we tend to be intellectualist.
Could you have been clearer in your photo description? Yup. It would have been easy for you to put in another photo showing scale. Like a pack of cigarettes! :)
And principles?
Clearly you use sardonic language that sounds like quotes from the Comic Book Guy, so, sorry, honour ain't there. If you are so concerned about that rating on Ebay, then honour your "error" in not providing a clear enough photo showing scale. Admit your "error" in not providing accessibility to those who are intellectually disabled, and honour your commitment as a caring seller.
C'mon, if it's about principles, your screwed. Are you an intellectualist (as every lucid human is to some degree) and only want to sell to people of above average intelligence? Will you berate anyone who doesn't measure up?
A person with honour and principles FOREMOST on the mind would have taken the time to construct a more solid selling platform. Honour and principles are not easy to achieve and even harder to maintain.
If the person you are selling to suffers from an intellectual disability or has recently suffered a brain injury, does that justify your response?
Now, remember, I totally understand your frustration, but the moment you brought principles into this you shot yourself in the foot.
Being the good guy means you have to take a few hits on the chin. It's the "honour and principle" tax.

Now that the principle joke is out of the way, clearly this customer is using their "child", if it exists, as an excuse for their own error and deserves censure,
That's just wrong. Being a parent means you should take even more hits on the chin, because you have twice the honour to maintain.
Your ad, while sardonic and amusing, is in no way misleading, and is written in clear english. You have nothing to worry about from eBay's end.
But don't pull out the "principle" card. I've dealt with many dealers, primarily from Hong Kong and Japan, (throw HLJ and BBTS in there too) who bent over backwards for me during some deals that went south (more often than not receiving replacements, or amazing discounts). THEY are principled and honourable. Ask Scott T. Hards about some of the yahoos he's had to deal with over the years. There is a man of patience...
Just catching up on this now, forgive the lateness.

But man how ebay has turned us all sour. I mean, really, the parents fucked up, or the kid fucked up, or whatever. How long have you spent crafting some witty reply that will show them the error of their ways? How good does it make you feel? 98% of the people in the world are like this. I used to get so angry at them, but now I just feel sorry for them. In cases like this they are over their head, they made a mistake, and now you are punishing them. good for you.

Is it really worth it? not unless you enjoy this sort of thing.

If it were me, I would just refund the kids money once you get the item back (without shipping) and move on. Not worth getting all worked up over it. This shit happens on ebay. No matter what you write. No matter how big or bold the text. If you don't like it, don't use it. It would be great if that wasn't the case, or the world wasn't full of idiots, but it isn't. It would be great if there was some kind of IQ test for parenting, but there isn't.

Put it this way - every time I deal on ebay, imagine the people are like the people in line in the beginning of David Lee Roth's Yankee Rose video.

[www.youtube.com]
My friend who does volume on Ebay said kind of the same thing. He as the seller is responsible for making the most accurate description possible. In any business, you have to assume everyone is an idiot. Unfortunately, that's just how it is. I understand why HLJ would do cartwheels to satisfy their customers. They probably understand, it's not this sale he's going to not make or make money from but many hopefully future sales that is going to keep his business going. That's why I don't get it when some big businesses selling the same product as others don't stress good customer service.

In your case, I doubt this buyer will purchase anything from you again no matter how you handled this. But, if you are a high volume seller, you are risking someone who sees that negative and refuses to bid on an item you are selling thus costing you some money you will never know about.

Again, my friend's opinion is this. It was under $40. Probably not worth losing any future monies over. The guy did offer to pay shipping the item back. Maybe you could negotiate and ask him to pay for your cost of shipping your item to him too. Ebay will refund their fees once you issue a refund through paypal.

In the end, there's not much to gain by having an e-mail war over something like this. Then again, my friend counts on ebay to supplement his income. Probably not the case for everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2009 05:50PM by gaiking123.
Gcrush Wrote:
> Sanjeev, man, I love the suggestion.
>
> [toyboxdx.com]

Haha! Isnt this that kid from that film where his dad is being eaten by lions?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my website: www.zormaster.com
RainBot Wrote:
> And principles?
> Clearly you use sardonic language that sounds like
> quotes from the Comic Book Guy, so, sorry, honour
> ain't there. If you are so concerned about that
> rating on Ebay, then honour your "error" in not
> providing a clear enough photo showing scale.
> Admit your "error" in not providing accessibility
> to those who are intellectually disabled, and
> honour your commitment as a caring seller.
> C'mon, if it's about principles, your screwed. Are
> you an intellectualist (as every lucid human is to
> some degree) and only want to sell to people of
> above average intelligence? Will you berate anyone
> who doesn't measure up?
>
I agree with a lot of what you said, but not this. There are two issues you're
conflating that shouldn't be conflated--1) Not wanting to have to pay for someone else's willful ignorance (and from the emails, this person has used threats and emotional manipulation to try to get what he/she wants, just not in a very effective manner), and 2) Being 'intellectualist,' or only wanting to sell to smart people.

You're saying that if Gcrush doesn't want to pay for this person's mistake, then he only wants to sell to smart people (you're using 'intellectualist,' but I think you're meaning 'elitist'). That's not exactly the situation. This person could be mentally disabled (though the emails suggest otherwise) or he/she may not be. Who knows? Whatever the situation, this is a case of the buyer making a mistake and the seller not wanting to get screwed over for that mistake. Which does not mean that Gcrush only wants to sell to smart people; he just wants to sell to people who abide by the same--wait for it--"principles" that he has.

The term principles refers simply to a set of values, a personal code. Just as I don't want to get screwed over by a buyer who made a mistake, as a buyer myself I would never screw over a seller because of my mistake. In this manner, the principle is consistent. It's not intellectually elitist to have that expectation of the people you sell to, as long as you exhibit the same conduct as a buyer. This isn't about being smart or stupid or mentally disabled, but being willing to own up to your own mistake.

You're right in that HLJ and BBTS have unbelievable service, but that's not purely ethical. We can buy from their competitors. They know this. They get rewarded--a lot--for their unbelievable service by repeat customers (like me). Their "principles" are in big part a "business strategy." And to say that one's "principles" have to match HLJ's or BBTS's in order to be true "principles" is a bit of a fallacy.

JoshB raises a good point about asking whether this is worth the headache in the first place. That, I think, is the central question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2009 12:16AM by gingaio.
If it were me it would TOTALLY be worth the headache. I sell a lot of stuff on ebay and have dealt with some fantastically stupid buyers and sellers. And the key difference between when I get furious and when I chuckle about it is all in the way they handle it.

When you screw up – and you are asking for someone to do you a favor, a guaranteed fail is to blame the other person.

Go back and read the original messages from the buyer - there is where the fundamental problem starts, and where the frustration begins.

Instead of JUST admitting that they made a mistake and asking for a refund, they have to start using veiled threats and attempts to accuse Gcrush of being misleading. I would be willing to bet that had the buyer simply admitted they ordered in haste, mistook the item for a real mask, and asked for some leniency on the 50% restocking fee… this would a much different thread.
gingaio Wrote:
> Just as I don't want to
> get screwed over by a buyer who made a mistake, as
> a buyer myself I would never screw over a seller
> because of my mistake. In this manner, the
> principle is consistent.

Yes.

> JoshB raises a good point about asking whether
> this is worth the headache in the first place.
> That, I think, is the central question.

Yes.

Corellian Corvette Wrote:
> If it were me it would TOTALLY be worth the
> headache.

Yes.

> I would be willing to bet that
> had the buyer simply admitted they ordered in
> haste, mistook the item for a real mask, and asked
> for some leniency on the 50% restocking fee… this
> would a much different thread.

Yes.
gingaio Wrote:

> I agree with a lot of what you said, but not this.
> There are two issues you're
> conflating that shouldn't be conflated--1) Not
> wanting to have to pay for someone else's willful
> ignorance (and from the emails, this person has
> used threats and emotional manipulation to try to
> get what he/she wants, just not in a very
> effective manner),

Right.However you don't know the person's mental state. Now my argument comes from an EXTREME point of view, because once you bring principles into something, you have to be true to the word, otherwise your principles are just empty air. If you say that you expect the person to be of sound mind and literacy level when they buy (which Gcrush said in the fourth post in this thread), you are eliminating a significant amount of the population. When dealing with such variables, you have to protect yourself. Variables have teeth, and they don't always bite the hand that deserves to be bitten. Humans are animals. Just because we have the potential to be rational thinking beings doesn't guarantee that even the smartest of us will not have moments of insanity.
The person who tried to do business with Gcrush is clearly functionally literate, and, I'll bet, competitively employable, but these are assumptions based on a few words. Is the person visually disabled? Are they deaf? Do they have a speech impediment? Do they have some form of autism? Are they a high functioning moderately intellectually disabled person? All these kinds of people are competitively employable and can live independently.
Considering the amount of emotion and weak attempts at emotional manipulation, they are either far below the average level of intelligence you'd run into on, say, ToyBox.

>Being 'intellectualist,' or only wanting to sell to smart people.

Well, he did say that he wrote everything clearly in his ad.
While the literacy rate in North America is rather high, the comprehension rate is much, much lower. I would agree with you had Gcrush not filled his ebay ad with lines such as "If that does not clear things up, you're probably not qualified to bid even though you did manage to turn on the internets and call Ebay. In which case we'd like to say, "Congratulations! Please keep up the good work without us!"
You can't get more intellectualist than that. Now let me be clear. I don't think Gcrush did anything misleading. He is not wholly in the wrong. But the risk you take when going to sell in a public forum is that it is PUBLIC, and that means you will be interacting with folks you don't usually interact with. Lots of variables. Gcrush happened to snag a particularly annoying and damaged individual. Could this situation have been prevented with ONE SIMPLE PICTURE showing scale? Sadly, yes. Should he have to do it? The reason why companies and public organizations have copious amounts of small print and legal statements is just for this reason. Fences for the animals.

> You're saying that if Gcrush doesn't want to pay
> for this person's mistake, then he only wants to
> sell to smart people (you're using
> 'intellectualist,' but I think you're meaning
> 'elitist').

No, I mean to say that if you go into the jungle and forget to take the bug spray, complaining about getting bitten by bugs is not going to elicit alot of sympathy from someone who knows the jungle.
What is interesting is that people are calling the buyer here a "retard" and other intelligence-based insults, and it speaks largely to the general intolerance we tend to have as a species for those who are not as intelligent as we think we are.

> that Gcrush only wants to sell
> to smart people; he just wants to sell to people
> who abide by the same--wait for it--"principles"
> that he has.

Sure. And in order to understand the principles that Gcrush follows, you have to have a certain level of measureable intelligence, such as comprehension and impulse control. He's totally drawing an arbitrary line and would rather not deal with someone who can't measure up. I don't blame him for it. We have driver's tests for much the same reason. The difference is that Gcrush is more than willing to take this person's money, but not willing to cater to their intellectual level by putting up preventative measures. Yes, the customer is manipulative, nuts and wrong. A) it could have been avoided B)Gcrush insisted on punishing the person by charging a 50 percent restocking fee, even though the customer was willing to pay the shipping. Doesn't sound honourable or principled to me. I see eBay as "ya pays your money, ya takes your chances". Gcrush could have added one more photo, and didn't. I would suggest in the future, he do just that. I am really speaking as a devil's advocate here... I think that is the only bit of ground eBay will be able to launch an offensive against him with, For what it's worth, I hope Gcrush doesn't get penalized for such a silly reason. Ebay should have stricter rules for buyers. But it won't because it wants buyer's money and an intelligence test before signing up would cause them to lose money.

>
> This isn't about being smart or stupid
> or mentally disabled, but being willing to own up
> to your own mistake.

But what if someone is UNABLE to own up to their own mistake? That's my point. EBay allows people like that to jump onto the tracks in front of an oncoming train, and then blames the conductor for the accident. What I am saying is that Gcrush could have erected the equivalent of a safety barrier of sorts that could have prevented this ONE problem from occurring, and therefore cannot jump to principles as a cornerstone for his argument.
Yes, somebody is going to find a way to get on the track no matter how many fences you put up. But at that point at least you can say you did as much as you could to prevent it. In this case, Gcrush did not. Sorry! :)

Ah well. I hope eBay sides with Gcrush. What an annoying reason to lose high standing.
Rain, you have proven yourself to be intellectually challenged, and I am blocking you from my auctions.
RainBot Wrote:
> Right.However you don't know the person's mental
> state.
>
My point has nothing to do with the person's mental state. In fact, I pretty much said that I have no idea what the person's mental state is...and I was going to respond to your points one by one, but I think we occupy different planets. Now I'm not saying I'm Earth and you're the dwarf planet known as Pluto, but I do think that my words are coming out as, "Beep beep clickety click" to you, and vice-versa, so let's just agree to disagree.

>>If you say that you expect the person to be of sound mind and literacy level
>>when they buy (which Gcrush said in the fourth post in this thread), you are
>>eliminating a significant amount of the population.

Beep-beep-clickety-click! (Full disclosure--I actually do have this expectation of my buyers, and I think I wear enough deodorant. Or was that bug spray?)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2009 11:35PM by gingaio.
The results are in, folks.

====

eBay Customer Support has refunded the buyer and the case is closed.
Final decision: Neither you or the buyer were found at the fault.
eBay Customer Support comments: "Case closed."

eBay opened a case because of an issue with an item purchased from you. We issued the buyer a full refund of $39.98 and closed this case. You don't need to take any action.

====

Interesting. Apparently eBay is footing the bill for the refund. Thoughts?
I can't imagine them doing that! It seems to be awfully good luck on both your parts if it is so. Still, I'd be wary that it doesn't show up in your invoice from Ebay...

More serious than thou
I'd wager they will take it from whatever funding source you have set up.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer