Prometheus Rising Studios

Posted by Prometheum5 
mcfitch (Admin)
If Saturday is G day does that mean you may be working on a little something with me in mind?
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
mcfitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Saturday is G day does that mean you may be
> working on a little something with me in mind?
> -Mason

Ha. Friday night turned out to be G-night, and H-day will be this weekend as well.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
mcfitch (Admin)
Yee HAAAAAW! Can't wait to see them.
-Mason

Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
G-Night came to a completion this morning:

Knocked this guy out last night... all I had to today was the eyes, which I think I succeeded at not making totally goofy :lol: LB Red Unpainted '74 Godzilla from Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla. I am really happy with how this guy came out, but would love to hear what you guys think!
Lots more pics here:
[prometheusrising.wordpress.com]

[prometheusrising.files.wordpress.com]

[prometheusrising.files.wordpress.com]

And now I'm totally in love with this guy!

[prometheusrising.net]
Ok, I am totally sold. That Goji is the shit!

Ben, I have a project for you if you would be willing to take it on.

-dylan
Prometheum5 Wrote:
>
>
>
>

So angry! He looks like he's about to fire his secretary.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Sanjeev (Admin)
Dylan, did you win that from Morphy's??? If so, congrats! Lovely piece! I was thinking about bidding on it, but I passed...knowing all the other stuff I was gonna throw down for...

Came with the painted giant King-Goji, right? Another masterpiece from Marmit.

Anyway, Ben, I love the Megaro-Goji. The eyes are great and the red striations along the tail are killer. I'm not sure I would've done the red on the arms and legs, though--I probably would've kept them all-green. But I guess I'm a bit of a traditionalist! Also, I probably would've used a little more green on the face (especially the upper lip).
You did a freakin' AWESOME job with that Godzilla!!
Thanks guys.

Sanjeev- the red on the arms is both a form thing and a function thing... on this sculpt, and arms rub up against the body when you lower them, so I wanted to put as little paint there as possible. I think it worked out nicely, and brings the figure together more than having the arms all green would have. Alot of Burning Godzillas I've seen are much more stark and look like a Hotrod custom Godzilla instead of a big lizard actually having a nuclear meltdown.

[prometheusrising.net]
It's a rainy and dreary gray day here in Worcester, so here's a sunglasses-requiring-bright Shuttlegon custom. All these colors are out of the norm for me, and it was a different experience painting this guy up.
More pics here:

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Holy piss, Ben, that's fucking awesome!! Is that for a commission or was that done for yourself??

I have an unpainted gid Shuttlegon and I've been wondering what to do with it. You've definitely got me thinking!

Oh, but dude, you have to post glow pics with projects like this!
Thanks Sanjeev! Rest assured, I will be taking glow pics tonight.

[prometheusrising.net]
Oh wow. That's beautiful!
As promised, here's the GID shots:

[prometheusrising.net]
Ah, that comes out so nicely when glowing!

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Sponsored by Dell

;)
Cool! That Shuttlegon is freakin’ incredible!! Is Shuttlegon an original custom or is it from a Godzilla movie?
Thanks guys!

MBE- The Shuttlegon is an original creation by Elegab, a Japanese vinyl toy producer who's basically producing all original works in his garage. His stuff is some of the most outlandish and unique, and all of his figures seem to be designed much more around being fun to play with instead of appealing to the elitists. I just got his latest release in today and cannot put it down.

[prometheusrising.net]
Very cool work again, Ben. That minotaur-looking Shuttlegon thingy looks alot like one of the colossus from that Shadow of The Colossus Game, btw. Very cool look. Love those crazy gauges.
No customs here, but all awesome figures that I picked up from home over Thanksgiving break:

This guy is awesome, and painted by Mark Nagata for the MTC Club:

And this guy showed up today to keep me company while I did some serious lab reporting work:

[prometheusrising.net]
Doing serious work...yeah, right!

Who the heck is Mr.Wastebasket-head-with-puppets-for-hands?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Jon, that's Elegab's "Puppet Seijin" (yeah, same guy who did the Shuttlegon above). Ben, I'm thoroughly jealous of your mini gid Eyezon! And is that an unpainted gid Chaos Beast in the background? Didn't know they made one...nice!
Not usually my cup of tea, but the little rose-head guy is cute.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
I think he means Flynn's Vampire Rose.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Doh! Haha...my anti-cutesy-designer-crap gland kicked in and prevented my brain from even noticing it!
Hi all,
I finished this guy a few weeks ago (right after the Burning Godzilla), but waited to upload the pics. I wanted to use the awesome brown vinyl to do this guy up totally as a big walking pile of sewage. There's matte and glossy stuff going on to represent a dry and hard outer shell, with a softer inside between the shells, and corrosive green toxic sludge leaking from every pore, hose, and crevice.
More pics on my site here:

[prometheusrising.net]
Neat! That's a nice touch having green sludge leaking out of it's crevices!

Is it an alien or a mutant?
Prometheum5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wanted to use the awesome brown vinyl to
> do this guy up totally as a big walking pile of
> sewage.

That is hideous and remarkable at the same time. The paint is exquisitely applied and it really looks like a turd.

Hedorah has never creeped me out so much. Amazing.
mcfitch (Admin)
That's disgusting. Well done sir.
-Mason

Sanjeev (Admin)
I love how the brown gradient (dry-brushing?) really brings out the sculpt. Awesome!
Something totally unoriginal, but I really wanted to try this paint scheme, and the Gatchigon seemed like a really good fit:

[prometheusrising.net]
Looks kinda hot in that lipstick. Needs some fishnets. ;)

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Not too shabby...but, yeah, the lipstick is a bit much! :P

Guiro's red is inside his mouth...not on the lips!
Yeah well, Gatchigon has those nice big voluptuous lips, so I couldn't help myself :P They WERE supposed to be a bit more low key, but I got a bit carried away... this guy's for me anyway.

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
I love it. Very classy!
Finished up another clear Eyezon with guts... this time with much more emphasis on both color and clear spots to show through the much brighter and more standout guts. There's a few truly clear spots that I cleaned off during the painting, to view the more elaborate guts and bones, and much more color throughout... this guy was fun, and definitely different from the other two I have done.

I'd be interested to hear which one people like more... I really cannot decide at this point, and it's probably all up to personal taste. I thought I was a bigger fan of the more muted colors of my previous one:

But at the same time, I think the broader strokes and more intense colors of the new one really pop.

[prometheusrising.net]
Man, Mark should pay you to do a run of those. They're beautiful.
I finished this gal about a year ago, but somehow never photographed it:

The regular pink and off-white Brutishdog has always seemed a bit boring to me, so I wanted to spice up the design with this kit. I added a two-tone pink disruptive scheme to add some interest, along with a large number of decals and some really controlled weathering to depict Fyana in her element, blowing up machines and roller-dashing rings around her enemies. If I ever get around to detailing up my Yamato 1/12 Brutishdog, I will finish it the exact same way.

Lots of pics can be seen on my site:
[url="[url]http://prometheusrising.wordpress.com/2009/12/29/bandai-120-votoms-atm-09-gc-brutishdog-phantom-lady-custom/"[/url];]Brutishdog Phantom Lady Custom[/url]

[img]http://prometheusrising.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/bandai_brutishdog_votoms_02.png[/img]

[img]http://prometheusrising.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/bandai_brutishdog_votoms_07.png[/img]

Fyana surveys her targets.

[img]http://prometheusrising.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/bandai_brutishdog_votoms_08.png[/img]

...moves into position...

[img]http://prometheusrising.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/bandai_brutishdog_votoms_09.png[/img]

...And charges in!

[img]http://prometheusrising.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/bandai_brutishdog_votoms_11.png[/img]

Blast 'em!

[img]http://prometheusrising.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/bandai_brutishdog_votoms_14.png[/img]

"Gotta reload after killing everybody"

This is an old one for me, but it's got me working on a couple robots now.

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Very nice, Ben!

One thing, though: this may be just a photography thing, but the bits of glare in the pics sorta suggest that it's got a sorta semi-gloss finish...and you know how important topcoating is! For something weathered like this, you want to make it as dull/matte as absolutely possible...

Anyway, I really like the dark lines that break up the lighter pink areas. Y'know what? On your 1/12 Yamato, why don't you try doing an digital camo pattern? That'd be bitchin'!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer