New Revoltech Thread Untouched by the Masses

Posted by Gcrush 
hillsy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Cow-Tits Revoltech"
>
>
> Errr....que?

I thought that's what we had dubbed Rodin's blushing young beauty a few pages earlier, yes?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2010 08:36PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - DSC_7329.JPG (111.2 KB)
Revoltech dinos? Goody. But..they lean too far forward and stuff to crotch thrust well, don't they? Or, do you lift the big tail high, and crotch thrust 'em backwards?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2010 10:28PM by repairtechjon.
Dammit, G...that's what I get for asking. I can't unsee that, can I?

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
repairtechjon Wrote:
> Revoltech dinos? Goody. But..they lean too far
> forward and stuff to crotch thrust well, don't
> they? Or, do you lift the big tail high, and
> crotch thrust 'em backwards?

My biologist tells me that dinosaurs' tails are their crotches and that it's simply our bipedalist media stereotypes that make them appear "backwards".

hillsy Wrote:
> Dammit, G...that's what I get for asking. I can't
> unsee that, can I?

Sorry. I can only offer to replace the image burned into your retinas with one more horrible.

Now that I've said that, it seems like such a good idea. Unfortunately you'll have to a wait a month or so until the new prescription arrives. Stay tuned.

Words fail me.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Are those plastic ant traps in the background? WTF?

More serious than thou
Rinn you dirty girl
microeric Wrote:
> It doesn't wet my pants, and I'm not broken
> either. I find Evangelion to be one of the most
> over-hyped, over-rated shows EVAR! And don't get
> me started on the freaks who think Rei would be
> the perfect wife...blargh!

I cannot agree with this more.
VF5SS Wrote:
> Rinn you dirty girl

I thought that was Len.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
asterphage Wrote:
> I thought that was Len.

Lin has the bow.
Is that......plastic ejaculate?

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Hillsy, you can join this discussion after they start making Revoltech Questionable Cakes, licensed from your factory of course!
ImageAnime has this in their NSFW photo album. Billy n Cattleaya magazine cover aping the old RollingStone cover.
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 01:45AM by repairtechjon.
Oh..I...noooo...
Anonymous User
Alien VS Booska....I'd see that movie.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Zoids Kitty Kat. 4,900 Yen. All joints are Revoltech. All 34 of them. Including the new, improved 8mm ones. Comes with a huge box. And they make dinosaur flavor, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2010 08:23AM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - 100715liger09.jpg (101.4 KB)
open | download - 100715liger07.jpg (106.9 KB)
open | download - 100715liger08.jpg (117.8 KB)
[blog.livedoor.jp]

look at the mouth on that thing
i think we're gonna need a bigger boat

-Paul Segal

asterphage Wrote:
> [blog.livedoor.jp]
> .html
>
> look at the mouth on that thing
> i think we're gonna need a bigger boat

This picture thrills me to no end:

But this one fills me with ultimate sunshine:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2010 07:13PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - 978e59bc.jpg (133.5 KB)
open | download - e39e923c.jpg (105.2 KB)
I was a little upset by the Professor Layton one. Does he deserve that?!

So, G, are you gonna have your Queen's Blade chickies slashing each other to pieces soon?

-Paul Segal

Attachments:
open | download - 3e7cb222.jpg (118.2 KB)
asterphage Wrote:
> I was a little upset by the Professor Layton one.

But his expression is priceless.

> So, G, are you gonna have your Queen's Blade
> chickies slashing each other to pieces soon?

The Beast has not yet arrived at our house. But once it has I promise to put something terrible together.

Which reminds me, I've had these Alien doods and Daimajin sitting around for over a month and I've completely forgotten to complain about them. So, uh...

====

Daimajin is already back in his little plastic coffin. But everyone should get one. It's the most awesomest poseable Daimajin figure yet. It's nearly perfect. The only thing that bugs me about it is the lack of sculpting on the waist area that sits above the belt and just underneath the torso - when you move the chest backwards or forwards it exposes a section of perfectly smooth, toyetic brown plastic. Really, really distracting. More so because they went the extra mile and sculpted other sections of the body, like the legs, in such a way that they maintain a rather seamless texture (if not appearance). Oh, and they should have included non-angry forearms to match the Tranquil Face. Anyway, EVERYONE SHOULD BUY A REVOLTECH DAIMAJIN EVEN IF IT MEANS THEY HAVE TO EAT RAMEN FOR TWO WEEKS STRAIGHT.

====

The Alien... Is weird. Some touches are outstanding, way beyond anything we've ever seen in an Alien figure. For example, the layers of bits on the torso and the way they integrated the articulation. It's... Astounding. And the sculpting, for this scale, is incredible. But...

The articulation is wonky. The elbows include an uber-awesome new "small joint" that is tight and smooth, but the shoulder's have the old, floppy style joint. What's the point of that? The knees should have been double-style joints in order to get more movement out of them. Same with the hips. And the wrists have these lame hinge joints instead of revoltechs. Why?

And while I'm at it, why didn't they joint the breathing tube thingies on the back like they did with the new EVA figure?

But those are minor points in comparison to the two biggest flaws. The paint is... Awful. Really, really awful. The base plastic is a semi-translucent black with BRIGHT SILVER HIGHLIGHTS. The alien was actually gray and rust colored in the film, though most shots made it appear black. And really, the black isn't all that bad. But the silver has gots ta go. It's waaay out of place and, worse yet, sits alongside differently colored joints. Garish.

And the really killer is the fucking tail. No joint at the base of the body, so your Alien can never really point it anywhere other than down. And the bendy wire that runs through it is about an inch too short. So only the first two thirds of the tail are poseable. Such an obvious design flaw alongside all the other lovingly crafted elements... It drives me bat shit nuts when I think about it.

It could have been the perfect toy right out of the box. But... It only goes 80% of the way there. Like the really smart rich kid in high school that sailed by on all the tests with Bs even though he never studied... All the right advantages going in, but somehow still making an unremarkable finish. Everyone should keep their expectations pretty damn low when buying the Alien Revoltech so they won't be disappointed when it inevitably disappoints them.

One last point - there's a picture of some whack dood on the front of the box that almost looks like Geiger. Or, at least it looks like him 20 years ago before he got all flabby and zombified. Creepy ass time travel photo messes me up every time I look at it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2010 09:51PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - 6358159b.jpg (120.8 KB)
[www.collectiondx.com]

killer crazy, fresh and blood
I need that.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
G....seeing Billy get cut....that's beautiful stuff, man.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Genobreaker's gonna be 6500 yen.

FUCK!

EVA Unit 2's tribute album to his favorite rapper Chubb Rock did not fare so well...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2010 03:24PM by Kwesi K..
Holy shit, that's obscure. I love it.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Classic!
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> Genobreaker's gonna be 6500 yen.
>
> FUCK!

So...the actual motorized kit is cheaper than the Revoltech? O_o

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Baragon arrived today. Feeling LAZY. No pics. Impressions.

Accessory parts are cool and durable, if not a little gashapon-like in the paint department. Are the environmental goodies a first in Revoltech? They're good enough to warrant wanting more. Especially in the Toho line ups.

Baragon is... Pretty average for a Revoltech. But excellent for a fully-poseable Toho character. Bandai should really be ashamed they didn't get to this first.

High Points: Opaque horn looks awesome, generally good paint apps, Revoltech joint at the base of the tail for crankage, damn near perfect articulation, can take standing or crawling poses well.

Low Points: No waist joint so Baragon cannot hunch or rotate his body at all, wire in the bendy tail does not extend to the tip (just like the Alien), no Revoltech joints in the elbows (WHY NOT!?!??) which means the arms don't pose as well as the legs. (Maybe they cheaped out on the elbows as a cost cutting measure, but it really sucks when you get a Revoltech figure with simple cut or hinge joints.)

Missing Points: Where are the effects parts? Didn't Baragon shoot flames or lighting or poop or something from its face? And why did they use the old-style small joints that get all floppy instead of of the tighter new-style ones?

Ugly Points: Sadly, one cannot graft Revoltech titties on Baragon without using some kind of adhesive. Boo!

So... Yeah. Middle of the road for a Revoltech, but a new bar of awesome for Daikaiju.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2010 03:36PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - 100501baragon.jpg (155.1 KB)
I really, really, really, really hope they do a matching Frankenstein to go with this.

And I would find a Revoltech Varan to be, frankly, unbelievable.

(See what I did there? huh?)
"Sadly, one cannot graft Revoltech titties on Baragon"

Thank goodness for that. Do what you want to Billy, but leave my Toho alone!!

Giving Booska Billy's diaper are plastic jizz might be funny.....

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2010 05:00PM by hillsy.
Gcrush Wrote:
>
> Missing Points: Where are the effects parts?
> Didn't Baragon shoot flames or lighting or poop or
> something from its face?

It is going to be a dark, dark day when the first Revoltech with optional poop is released.

So Baragon has hinged EARS?

-Paul Segal

>It is going to be a dark, dark day when the first Revoltech with optional poop is released.

If they ever do a Revoltech Hedorah, it could have an optional sludge trail.

asterphage Wrote:
> It is going to be a dark, dark day when the first
> Revoltech with optional poop is released.

I'm withholding judgment until that day actually arrives...

> So Baragon has hinged EARS?

Yeah, they're hinges. It's not as much of a downer as the hinged elbows, but they really could have used micro-revolvers instead so one could rotate them for a little more personality.

I'm still at a loss for why they've gone with so many hinge joints on recent figures. Maybe it's a cost cutter?
[blog.livedoor.jp]

this is Halloween
Certain elements of Jack's alternate heads are just perfect - the lopsided eyes on some of them - but overall the likenesses of his expressions just don't seem to be quite as perfectly sculpted as a lot of the NMBC (NMBX?) merchandise out there. And of course this guy's copy of the Jack figure seems to have a lot of the typical Revoltech paint problems.

In a full-on wild expressive pose, though, with the appropriate expression, the figure looks fantastic. As long as you don't look too close at those pinstripes, or his teeth.

I wonder if he can swap his head for one the pumpkins on the backdrop piece.

-Paul Segal

asterphage Wrote:
> And
> of course this guy's copy of the Jack figure seems
> to have a lot of the typical Revoltech paint
> problems.

if only he was a star wars figure
So...is it possible to attach the Eva's bloodspray to Billy's crotch?

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer