gingaio's NBA Pimp-Off Challenge

Posted by gingaio 
In honor of the Lakers reaching the Finals (and the Celtics being lucky enough to make it that far), I hereby challenge anyone unfortunate enough to be a Boston fan to a friendly wager. I believe that the Lakers will destroy the Celtics (as they did in the 80s, minus the years that Bird & Co. paid off the refs).

Here's my wager:

Yes, your eyes do not deceive you. I am offering a genuine 25th Anniversary Hooded Cobra Commander, complete with file card, gun, and stand (please note the Strike Valkyrie used to indicate scale). The value of such a figure in mint condition is somewhere between -$2.39 to -$3.45. Needless to say, it's rare.

I will ship you this beloved toy if the Lakers do not destroy the Celtics in the Finals. What you have to offer is inconsequential to me. Offer something. Offer nothing. I will risk my beloved Cobra Commander against your nothing.

However, I only have one beloved Cobra Commander, so I can only commit to one wager. Also, I will not wager with anyone who's ever done business with Celga (or one who would admit to doing business with Celga), because I do not want my beloved Cobra Commander to go into those sorts of hands. (No offense.)

I await your response to my challenge.

TBDX I Spend Every Second of Every Waking Moment in Devotion to Toy Pimpness Guy

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2008 02:43AM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - My Wager.jpg (67.5 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
I accept your silly wager. The Lakers, who won only because of the horrendous non-call at the end of Game 4...and the subsequent broken spirit of the Spurs that carried into Game 5, will lose to the Celtics as they should. It's the Order of Things.

Here's my wager:

That's right. I am offering a genuine Toy Biz Marvel Legends Series 15 Captain Marvel against your 25th Anniversary Hooded Cobra Commander (please note the Godaikin Tetsujin 28 used to indicate scale). The value of such a figure in mint condition is somewhere between $4-6. Needless to say, it will immediately become the centerpiece of your collection.

I will ship you this beloved toy if the Celtics don't take their 17th title.

Also, keep in mind that I'm am NOT to be confused with that other "Sanjeev" on this bbs...you know that rotten toy snob who cavorts with the likes of Celga and cries about racism every six posts. Nope...I'm a good ol' Irish Bostonian...Sanjeev McGupta...and I know full well who's going to take home the title...

TBDX Good-Irish-Catholic-Bostonian-who-never-bores-forumites-with-long-pedantic-rants-about-racism-classism-psychology-or-social-justice-crap-like-that-crazy-Indian-guy Guy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2008 04:40PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - 163_6357.JPG (226.2 KB)
You are on, my unfortunate Bostonian friend! I accept!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hey, Kobe.

No means no.

Mwaahahahaahaha!!
Puh-leese, playa!

Game 2, Kobe's going to fake a sprained right earlobe; get flown off the court in a MedEvac chopper; get an MRI, CT scan, and X-Ray on the ear; get Mr. Miyagi to rub his back in the locker room; and come roaring out in the second half to lead the Lakers to a win.

Word.
Can we hear some 0-2 trashtalk, Gingaio?

More serious than thou
clc
Oh, wow. That was one of the funnest games I've ever watched. Devoid of heartbreak, disappointment, and any pain whatsoever. So awesome!

TBDX Self-Referential Self-Imposed Nicknames Don't Strike Me As Goofy In The Wrestler Talking About Himself In A 3rd Person Sort of Way Guy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2008 12:03AM by clc.
clc
By the way, had the Lakers not blown a 24-point lead, this is the post I would have made:

"Yo, Sanjeev, wassup! WASSUP NOW! BOO-YAH!"
clc
As this will probably be my last post on the toy boards for a while (unless I'm selling schwag, in which case, I will be pimping said schwag like a shameless mofo), I leave a couple optional endings to this post.

Should the Celtics (inevitably) win, this post will conclude: THE CELTICS ARE FREAKING BASTARDS! WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR! WASSUP! (Bye, bye, Cobra Commander!)

Should the Lakers overcome the 1-3 deficit to grab the title (Ha Ha), this post will conclude: THE CELTICS ARE FREAKING BASTARDS! WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR! WASSUP! (Hello, Captain Marvel!)

TBDX I Had Nachos This Afternoon Actually I Didn't Really Have Nachos Guy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2008 03:28AM by clc.
JB
This may have been the most despicable Laker loss in my 28 years of service.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2008 08:42AM by JB.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm from New England and I'm pissed off!!

Wait.....no I'm not!! Haahahaaahaa!!

Well, guess who arrived last night?? A new friend for Captain Marvel:

Oh, and be sure to check out Shaquille O'Neal's single greatest contribution to the world.

Kobe, tell me how my ass taste!

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2008 03:32PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - 163_6360.JPG (236.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer