I'm from New England and I'm Pissed Off!

Posted by BigD 
Sanjeev (Admin)
That was the GREATEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Sanjeev (Admin)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2007 11:05AM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - Belichick_roadshow.jpg (318.9 KB)
Man, that's the first time that guy's ever smiled!
Sanjeev (Admin)
hehe...I seriously wonder where they scored that picture!
Is it just my imagination or is his finger a little....brownish?

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
Nekrodave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it just my imagination or is his finger a little....brownish?<

You're thinking of his foot. Since it's been in the ASS of just about every team in the NFL!!!! GO PATS!!!
Well, I swear that man sold his soul to Satan. There's no fucking way he went from the coach he was in Cleveland to the one he is now. He's still the same twisted fuck-up on the inside. I really think the major difference is having an owner who cares enough to hire bright football people around him so that all he has to do is scheme for the games, rather than deal with anything else. Let a real GM do his job and get some decent players, rather than the owner acting as the GM. No real surprise that the Browns didn't win anything until they left town and Modell finally got his head out of his ass and hired a GM. Suddenly they win a championship. Coincidence?

Anyway, Belicheck is a great football coach, but it seems to me he's pretty crappy at evaluating talent - or at least he was. When he was here, he'd never give playing time to guys who were undersized maybe, or a bit slow for the their position, but could actually PLAY football and make an impact. I remember Keenan McCardell was here at the time and every time he'd get in the game he'd make great play after great play, but he'd never get to start or play more than 5-6 plays all game long. He left the Browns and became an All-Pro with Jacksonille or Carolina (can't remember which). There were numerous other instances, but it sure seems like either he changed in that regard, or someone else convinced him to let them make personnel decisions.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Perhaps...yeah, but whatever went on before in Cleveland is clearly not the case now. At the start of this season, everyone immediately expected things to be the Brady-Moss show, but in fact, a huge number of airborne yards were going to Wes Welker. THAT kid has talent! So, yeah, either Belichick's shaped up when it comes to evaluating talent or someone's pushing for the little guys...

Either way, the right decisions seem to be getting made.

Now, if they can only tune up their freakin' running game. Damnit, Maroney...
Best news out of New England sports so far this year is that last weekend Jordan Sigalet appeared in two games for the Providence Bruins, stopping all 18 shots against in a relief effort against Worcester and 16 of 17 in a winning start against Springfield. That's a 1-0 record with a measley .062 goals against average and a stellar .971 save percentage. Take that, Multiple Sclerosis!

[www.eyewitnessnewstv.com]

Now THIS is awesome:

[sports.yahoo.com]

This gist:

Patriots to honor young fan booed in Indianapolis

By HOWARD ULMAN, AP Sports Writer
January 15, 2008

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -- Patriots owner Robert Kraft sat behind his wide desk and marveled at how his team's jersey could be the target of so many boos -- even when it's worn by a 14-year-old girl.

This wasn't Randy Moss or Rodney Harrison hearing the catcalls. They're used to it.

This was Anna Grant, a high school freshman who had worked hard to win the Punt, Pass & Kick competition in her age group as the team's representative.

When she was introduced along with the other winners before the fourth quarter of San Diego's playoff win last Sunday, she was the only one booed by the crowd in Indianapolis, home of New England's fiercest rival.

"Why should a champion be booed?" the boss of the three-time Super Bowl winners said Tuesday. "She won an intensive competition. She's supposed to be honored."

His team is getting the same reaction -- not because of the spying incident in the season opener but because fans like to see teams at the top get knocked off, he said. If the Chargers can't do it Sunday, New England will be headed to its fourth Super Bowl in seven seasons.

But first comes the coin flip before the AFC championship and Grant will be out on the field for that, invited by Kraft, who felt badly that she had been booed.

"What I decided is that we would honor her here before this game," Kraft said in an interview in his office filled with photos, footballs and other memorabilia. "We will recognize her as the winner on the field. Our fans will know."

Grant returned from school Tuesday and heard a phone message from Andre Tippett, the Patriots' executive director of community affairs and a former star linebacker.

She called back and was ecstatic when Tippett extended the invitation -- plus tickets for her, her parents and two brothers -- to take part.

"I was just in shock," she said.

Kraft knows the hoots were not directed at the high school freshman from Stratham, N.H., about 20 miles north of the Massachusetts border. It's just that the jersey provokes an instant response, usually a negative one.

Grant also understands, and even smiled when she heard the boos.

"Before I went down there, my friends said, `You know, you'll probably get booed,"' she said in a telephone interview. "I was kind of waiting for it.

"It really didn't bother me at all," she added. "People at the game came up to me afterward and said, `It's not you. It's your jersey."
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yeah, I heard about this on the news this morning. I mean, I've always known that the bulk of the universe despised Boston...and that whenever any team is on top, it brings out the most ardent haters...but this was fucking ridiculous.
Dear Tom Brady's Walking Cast / by El Presidente (elpresidente@barstoolsports.com)

Dear Tom Brady's walking cast,

You lucky bastard. Front row seat for the Giselle strip show. And Giselle shower. And Giselle writhing. And Giselle standing around and doing nothing all that special except being Giselle.

Tom Brady's walking cast, you are now the world's most famous walking cast. I'm not sure about the level of competition for the title of world's most famous walking cast but the game's over. You're the runaway winner.

Right now, all over the Tristate area where Giants fans are busy convincing themselves that Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin are capable of beating Tom Brady and Bill Belichick, and all over the country where bitter NFL fans who hate the Patriots, and by extension hate America and want the terrorists to win, millions of people are thinking that you're a harbinger of bad things to come for the Patriots on Super Bowl Sunday.

You have them right where you want them.

It's almost like the anti-Patriots, pro-Islamofascist, anti-reality faction rooting for the Giants on February 3rd has confused the guy wearing you with Super Charger, Super Pussy LaDainian Tomlinson who took the AFC Championship Game off so he would be rested for the start of next season's two-a-days. By playing, Tomlinson may have aggravated a knee injury serious enough to have kept him in the lineup for every game this season so he decided that risking further injury and making it the Super Bowl wasn't quite worth it. He rested and will now be healthy for the 2008 season… until he's plastered by some linebacker in the first quarter of the first game of the year and finds himself right back on the injured list.

He's all class and no balls.

But not our boy, Tom. Which is why all the furor over you is so amusing to those of us in the know. You and I both know that there's no way Tom Brady is going to be stopped by some walking cast. And you know me, walking cast. You know my father worked side by side with walking casts. We had walking casts over to dinner and my brother dated a walking cast. I'm not making any sweeping generalizations about all walking casts, just saying something that everyone knows is true- Tom Brady ain't gonna be stopped by a walking cast.

Gangrene would probably cause Brady to shorten his pregame stretching routine. Ebola could cause Brady some fatigue during the game. And maybe Brady being in a wheelchair would cause the Patriots to simplify their playbook, particularly if he was a paraplegic. But even with Brady the paraplegic under center the Patriots are still favored by 10 over the Giants.

Which is why I am so jealous of your role in the run-up to the Super Bowl. I know you won't tell me for sure but what's Belichick's masterplan? It's obvious to any Patriots fan that Brady's right foot is fine. Belichick would never allow one of his players to wear any sort of medical gear on the part of their body that's actually injured. If Brady has an injury, it's definitely not his right foot. His left ear is probably achy. Maybe Giselle scratched him really bad on his left shoulder. Maybe the stubble on the left side of his face isn't quite as stubbly as on the right side of his face.

Thinking logically, one must assume that Brady's right foot is so strong that he'll be handling kickoffs at the Super Bowl.

It's so brilliant. So Belichick. So Patriots. Show 'em something- Brady in a walking cast- get them leaning one way and then go where they're not looking. Belichick has probably been waiting to pull out the Brady in a walking cast gag for years but decided to wait until the Patriots were 18-0 and in a position to win the Super Bowl and claim the title of the NFL's greatest ever team. Why waste Brady in walking cast when a perfect season isn't on the line?

So, now you're the one in the spotlight, Tom Brady's walking cast. It's time for you to shine. If you can work it out, make Tom look like he's limping, really struggling to walk. Make Brady look like Fred Thompson on the campaign trail- sluggish, slow and on his deathbed.

And call up some of your buddies at the medical equipment store. I want to see Randy Moss in a scoliosis brace. I want to see Vince Wilfork in an iron lung. I want to see Rodney Harrison in a plastic bubble. I want all those people who hate the Patriots and hate freedom and liberty and bald eagles to get their hopes up, to start believing that the Patriots are vulnerable. And it won't take much.

Just wait until you read the papers and the Internets and see the impact you've already made. The haters are starting to believe the Giants' moral victory in Week 17 and your appearance will translate to a Super Bowl victory for the GeeeeeeeMen. It's so goddamn cute. The Patriots win every positional matchup except perhaps punter but the combination of a regular season loss and you are supposed to be the key to a win in Arizona.

Keep up what you're doing because it's working to absolute, Belichickian perfection.

And let me know how neat Giselle keeps it.

Sincerely,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2008 11:45AM by BigD.
And Carl has a update on his Big Blue Wrecking Machine..

[www.adultswim.com]
I wish there was a way for both teams to lose...

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
I wish there was a way to make it interesting...

...seriously, I'm a football fan before I'm a Pats fan. This has been a pretty fucking boring post-season. I mean, did anyone seriously NOT think the Pats were gonna steamroll through?

Pats fan or not is irrelevant...when the conclusion of a sporting even is foregone, it makes for some shitty viewing.

Now, the Celtics, on the other hand...THAT'S some damn good sports-viewing! They're doing great this year in general, which is fun for me as a fan...but they're not absurdly dominant, so nothing's taken for granted...
I thought the Pack would have made it interesting, but if they couldn't even beat the Giants at home in the 2nd biggest game of the season....

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Did someone say FOREGONE CONCLUSION?!!!!

The title to this post IS PERFECT, UNLIKE YOUR TEAM'S RECORD!!!!!!!

I GUESS WHEN YOU ARE ON THE FUCK YOU ROAD SHOW, YOU SHOULDN'T BE SURPRISED WHEN YOU GET FUCKED AT THE END!!!!!!

BRADY WAS NOT STOPPED BY A WALKING CAST, HE WAS STOPPED BY A MANNING, AGAIN, AND BY GIANTS!!!!!!!

FAILED!!!!

DEFEATED!!!!!

HUMBLE PIE ANYONE!!!!!!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Honestly, I thought Brady was stopped by complacency.

The Giants defense DID play well, though.

The Pats absolutely deserved to lose that game, without a doubt. That was a mailed-in effort, at best. Watching the game, I'm not surprised by the outcome...but I didn't expect them to play so bad.

I really did think it was a foregone conclusion...and so did about 95% of the sports world.

Eh well...that's what you get for resting on your laurels! Ya gotta fight to win.
Brady was interviewed by Terry Bradshaw before the game started. The last question Terry asked Tom was: "What's the most important thing to you right now?"
Tom's answer: "His Friends and Family"

Can someone remind Mr. Tom Brady that he HAS A SON too? I dunno, maybe this bugs me because I'm a dad (a step-dad, but a dad none the less) and I'm learning just how important my kid is and what her potential is etc... But Tom lost BIG points for not mentioning his son. I guess if you want to include son into his "Friends and Family" comment... I guess... But if you're asked that question your kids are the 1st complete no-brain answer. He lost big points in my book for not saying that. Hell even Randy Moss’ post game said he looked forward most of all to spending the off seasons with his kids.
I'm still convinced we could have found a way for both teams to lose if we'd tried hard enough...

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
mcfitch (Admin)
Hye jingle brain, he said "family". What part of family don't you understand, and don't you have better reasons to harp on him right now? ;-)

*sigh* Is it baseball season yet? I could use more free furniture.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt &quot;I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!&quot;
mcfitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hye jingle brain, he said "family". What part of
> family don't you understand, and don't you have
> better reasons to harp on him right now? ;-)
>
> *sigh* Is it baseball season yet? I could use more
> free furniture.
> -Mason

He "hemm'd and haww'd about it Mason. It wasn't an instinctive/automatic reaction/answer. Sure, maybe I'm still pissed about the lose and how it happened and I’m just nitpicking Tom and the fact the Giant Defense blew thru the NE Offense.

That's the problem w/ being a Boston/New England fan as of late. Many people including myself got used to "winning" and forgot how to "lose".

And yes... Pitchers and Catchers report in 9 days to the Fort!
Sanjeev (Admin)
...and let's not forget the C's. I have tix to the San Antonio game this Sunday! Yay, me!! Let's hope KG's good by then.

But yeah, back to the Pats...if you're not used to getting your heart broken, you're not a Boston sports fan. Simple as that. Granted, we're not exactly used to winning as much as the Pats had been, let alone being hated by the whole sports world as though we were the fucking Yankees (not being respected is one thing...but out and out hated for winning?? nah, that ain't us)...

We should take this loss in stride and get back to our underdog roots.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Umm...

[youtube.com]

Sanjeev (Admin)
There ya go. Perfect! (except for the song...but what can ya do?)

Sounds like someone has B's-Sabres tickets tonight... ;)
How fitting' that I close out the "I'm from New England and I'm Pissed Off" thread... and actually be pissed off!?!?! But I'm getting better... I shall close w/ Paul "Fitzy" Fitzgerald of [townienews.com] He's the loud obnoxious Boston Sports Fan who's just hysterical to watch (I think anyways) and even he'll get over this loss. And if he can all of Patriot-Nation can too.

[www.youtube.com]

Good-nite! And GFY!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Excellent. That youtube vid is pretty much exactly what I've been saying all week. The "moral" at the end is key.
Anonymous User
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oooooooooooh, what a RUSH!!

The fucking EPIC beatdown of the Habs was like fine wine to my lips. Oh, what I'd give to be in Montreal right now to see those fucking animals pissing and shitting themselves...
7-o is awesome, but I was really hoping for 11-0, with 9 1st period goals and one each in the 2nd and 3rd. That way the box score could read 9-1-1.

Sanjeev (Admin)
^^Genius.

I had friends at the game with various 911 posters...they ALL got 'em taken by security! Fucking Garden...can't take a joke! :P
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hey, Tim Tebow...the King called:

Sanjeev (Admin)
How funny is it that now Tebow's a fucking Patriot??? Oh well...even if he makes the roster for next season, I'm sure he'll quickly sink into obscurity as one of many cogs in the Pats' system (same as Ochocinco, etc..).

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is really because of last night's Spurs FAIL. Man, that team just *cannot* close for shit, huh? Oh well...

THIS, however, was fucking classic:
[sports.yahoo.com]

Fucking dumbasses.
Ha... not even Laker fans would do that... oh wait.

Spurs are done. I don't see them recovering from this to win a Game 7. LeBron and the Heat gets to gloat again for another year.
I caught the end of regulation, and if you can't hold a six point lead with thirty seconds to go you DESERVE TO LOOSE!!!

As far as Tebow going to New England, I would suggest prayer. Pray that he gets REALLY good REALLY fast.

I'd still take him in Chicago over Cutler...phooey!
Was watching this with some friends at a bar/restaurant last night, and despite this being Lakers country, everyone was rooting for the Spurs. The place erupted for every Spurs shot toward the end.

It was a really fun game to watch, without the massive hearbreak involved in your team losing, just the minor tragedy of watching the fucking Heat win.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2013 12:39PM by gingaio.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Mmm...I think the Spurs have a decent chance of winning tomorrow night. I just didn't wanna have to stay up *another* night for this crap.

Chieh, everyone who's NOT Miami is rooting for the Spurs! Yes, Lebron commands that level of hate. :P

Adam, I think Tebow *could* be used in some tricky tight end sets where he has the option to block or receive in the slot (this IS Josh McDaniels coordinating the offense here). Because as a third string QB, who really gives a fuck?? Haha...and nah, man...it's not an easy choice, but I'd probably take Cutler over Tebow at QB!
Sanjeev
Chieh, everyone who's NOT Miami is rooting for the Spurs! Yes, Lebron commands that level of hate. :P

True, but I figured Ray Allen gave you Bostonians a little something extra to hate.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...nah, I think there are a lot of sore folks, but I'd say the average Celtics fan refuses to hate TOO much given how he helped us win a championship. That said, his credit's done here...

But right now, it's all Bruins...shhh...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer