Pheyden/Exellis/Crayboth: new toy line you should see

Posted by starbasejapan33 
Just kill me now.

Dare I inquire about the Nemica?
The Nemica Gobon is a custom by the Dead Presidents. It was available through the second passcode.
Attachments:
open | download - archive-gobon-nemica2.jpg (117.8 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Damn....yeah, I missed the Nemica Gobon, myself...BUT my girl was able to snag a rust one. Shit--I didn't even realize there was a new Passcode! Will have to play during lunch! ;)

Yo, speaking of trying to keep up with Glyos offerings, has anyone here joined the Glyos forum on October Toys? I signed up, but I never get a chance to lurk, let alone post.

Just saw this on there...cool!

Ah, the Nemica is another clear variant. Thanks for the pic. Lucky for me I've never really liked clear variants, although I do admit the Nemica looks very good.

Still trying to convince myself I don't want an Armodoc....
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hahaha....fuck that, dude! The Armodoc may not look like anything groundbreaking when you look at the pics (I sure didn't think much of it at first), but when you have that little fucker in your hands, it's amazing.

The geometry just feels good--like most Glyos toys--but the texture and squishiness of the vinyl adds a ton to the tactile experience. Sure, it's totally a doggie chew toy, but it's DAMN incredible to play with!

But once you start pulling the figure apart and building shit with it, it's all over! That fit function used in all the joints (much like the Glyos figures' joint system) opens up some incredible possibilities. Even if you don't really want to build much, it's just fun pulling the guy apart and putting him back together!
It does sound like a great piece, that's for sure.
It's the current colors that has kept me a little cool towards it.

If they make a green one I'll be all over it. Providing I'm actually on the internet ready to click "BUY!BUY!BUY!" during the thirty-second window that it will be available.
Anyone who was at the Summit can attest to the fact that once I had gotten my Onell fix, I was never without either my Gobon or Armodoc in-hand. They are amazing.

One thing with the Armodoc that I actually mentioned to Matt in an email is that while the matte finish and softness of the vinyl look awesome, I've noticed that my Armodoc seems to have already picked up alot of scuffs and rubs :(

And, I'd be a criminal to post about my Armodoc without putting out a HUGE thank you to Matt for having saved me one to bring to the Summit for me.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
I'm lovin' my pink (reverse) Armodoc that KenA picked up for me at SDCC. And I kinda dig the pink bubbegum-ness of the color scheme.

Oh...and correct me if I'm wrong, but there's a secret "surprise" included in each Armodoc?
I was hoping to run into the Onell crew at the summit and score my own Armodoc. Looks like Imma have to wait for round 2. Awesome to hear they're so popular though. They look great.
eriku, just another point of view, but the clear variants leap to life for me the most, because I display them either with window light shining through them (see Roger's pics!), or a couple little light up display stands that throw light up through the figure so it's all a light pipe. Really set things off!

...and I was so distracted stealing Mason's other vinyl toys at the summit that I didn't even get to fiddle with the Armodoc to see what the fuss is about.
I got the Nemica Gobon as well... it is a sublime display piece that really highlights both the gobon's charm and DP's mastery of color application.

[prometheusrising.net]
How many different figures are available through the new Passcode? When I played it, I got a Scar Pheyden as the prize.
It was Scar Pheyden, Nemica Gobon, and the Scar grey Phase Arms. They were all there on the Nemica page.

[prometheusrising.net]
I retract my previously stated dislike of clear figures.
Attachments:
open | download - MWGobon.jpg (117.1 KB)
You can get figures through passcode? Colour me dumb. I only thought you got the avatar pics.
mcfitch (Admin)
It was a limited release both times. Once the figures run out he keeps the avatars there as a prize so there's at least something for you.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
cae
the home page is killing me, teasing that I can get more Gobons. Bastard!

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
I was lucky enough to score one Gobon from Matt and even though I thought I would be content with it, I find myself wanting so many more.

Hopefully when they go up for sale again I can set the quantity at "5-Gallon Bucket".
eriku Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I retract my previously stated dislike of clear
> figures.

HOO-HOO, yeah! Wait till that one gets put on the light up stand, to glow from within!

cae
mmmmm - GOBON!

hassenpfeffer
Thanks for the light, buddy!

I'll have to put up a few of those in different colors.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I had a buddy over last night who's a scifi author. He's trying to get his stuff published and we were talking about all the in's and out's of writing and of producing toys. Through the course of the conversation, I told him about Onell's stuff and I actually handed him the silver Gobon and a couple matching Infiltrator Buildmen.

He was impressed, in general, but I assumed he'd be more into the Buildmen...'cause, y'know...they're fucking cool. But no! He went ape-shit over Gobon! He seriously said that he hasn't played with toys for 20 years, BUT he could spend *hours* just fucking with Gobon!
cae
must have a tiny dick ...

hassenpfeffer
Callgrim and The Order are now available, and they're Glyos-compatible:

[rawshark.bigcartel.com]

Very G.I. Joe/Star Warsy feel to these guys.
Very nice- I'm digging the body design on those especially. Grabbed one of each. I'm guessing those will sell out pretty fast, a lot of people are looking forward to them.

::EDIT::
And they're gone...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2009 03:07PM by eriku.
Just got my order from Onell!!! Glow and clear phase arms!!! Bonus Gobon!!! UV-SENSITIVE BUILDMEN!!! I just took them outside and watched them change color in the package!!! It's like 1984 when I got Zartan!!! This is awesome!!!
Yup... apparently Callgrim finally came out while I was on my way home for my trip to Chicago, and were sold out before I even knew they'd gone up, which I only found out today. I understand the limitations and causes of the situation, but it is a bummer when you miss a cool toy you are looking forward to and don't know when you'll see more.

edited for whining.

[prometheusrising.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 08:02PM by Prometheum5.
I managed to score mine at SDCC. It really is a great figure. I just wish I could straighten out the legs a little more.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Callgrim = Fuck yeah! Sold out = Fuck no!

;)

Yeah, totally missed these...but here's the deal: these aren't urban vinyls produced in small numbers to drive secondary market hype. Sure, aftermarket hype (from artificial scarcity) means "perceived value"...and that inflates primary sales...but with Glyos, it's just pure fan lovin'.

Plenty of these were made and plenty more will be made. For those who missed out on Gobon, Armodoc, and Callgrim, I wouldn't worry... More should be on the way.

Roger Wrote:
> ...UV-SENSITIVE
> BUILDMEN!!! I just took them outside and watched
> them change color in the package!!! It's like 1984
> when I got Zartan!!! This is awesome!!!

YES!!

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
I just got a Nemica Gobon in the mail today that a kindly soul at the Octobertoys forum hooked me up with. What a gorgeous figure. I'm glad I could look past my dislike of clear figures and bring this guy into my home.

Anyone know of a good place to get small bottom-lit stands?
I should take a couple pics of my build-ups... at this point my UV Buildman is in my window serving as a UV detector as I experiment with different collection places around my little room. The window doesn't seem to get any real sunlight, so it should be good for the Glyos figs:D I somehow forget the set of UV Phase bits I bought at home, so my Detector Buildman isn't as cool as it could be.

[prometheusrising.net]
Anonymous User
Prometheum5 Wrote:
> I should take a couple pics of my build-ups... at
> this point my UV Buildman is in my window serving
> as a UV detector as I experiment with different
> collection places around my little room. The
> window doesn't seem to get any real sunlight, so
> it should be good for the Glyos figs:D I somehow
> forget the set of UV Phase bits I bought at home,
> so my Detector Buildman isn't as cool as it could
> be.

That is a brilliant idea. It's like a carbon monoxide alarm for your toys.
cae
Your window's gonna have to be open - glass will filter much of the UV needed to activate the figure - especially modern glass.

It'll still change - just not as noticeably.

hassenpfeffer
Here's my Phanost Corps that I've been working on since the advent of the Build Station. Hopefully they come back soon so I can whip up some more designs. Standard Phanost was my first figure at NYCC and is totally awesome, so he needed some troops to lead!

[prometheusrising.net]
Got my Calgrim and order figures today. Yet another awesome figure from Matt & Jesse.

Sanjeev (Admin)
Musta been one fucked up TARDIS trip for the Doctor in that last shot!
cae
I thought that looked like Tom Baker ...

hassenpfeffer
He seems to be getting used to the new body. He certianly looks happier about the transition...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2009 10:43AM by eriku.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Here's the latest from Superfest! MORE ARMODOCS!!

Oh, and for all you Real x Head collectors out there (and by that, I mean Ben), the first collaboration with Onell, the articulated mini, Pheyaos

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer