Pheyden/Exellis/Crayboth: new toy line you should see

Posted by starbasejapan33 
CDX's exclusive Pheyden is up for sale:

[www.collectiondx.com]
New Onell goods:

[www.onelldesign.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Holy crap, that's cool! Fucking phase arm's finally available...along with the Gobon blaster. I can finally make my Powered Pheydens!!!

And, of course, the Sarvos head is cool as hell.

Odd...I'd've figured the Buildman would be out by now...

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2008 02:35AM by Sanjeev.
Gobon..where's my Gobon?

Is anyone pimping Onell stuff at any upcoming shows between now and this winter? Like before FEB., and NY Comic Con?
Thanks for the heads up on those. I see I'm not the only one eagerly awaiting the Buildman. The Gobon Blaster and Phase arm are nice little accessories. I managed to snag a set at SDCC. If you guys are as into these as I think you are, you won't be disappointed. Just a bit of a shame you don't get two of everything in a set. Also, anyone know what this Excellis variant is called?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2008 02:23AM by Marasai.
Attachments:
open | download - excellis.jpg (26.7 KB)
This is pretty cool! Nice gun arm!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Marasai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also,
> anyone know what this Excellis variant is called?

Could it've been a one-off? Where'd the pic come from?
I just took the pic last night. Matt included him in my last order. I hadn't realized that he's not listed on the site.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Ah! There ya go...definitely a one-off. He's definitely been known to throw random freebies into orders. I got extra glowie Pheydens and Exellis' in my clear Sky Deviler because...well, I'm the Chief Glowologist!
So I took a trip to Onell Design World Headquarters the other day, and some cool stuff is in the works. Has anyone else found the "easter eggs" in the blog?

[onelldesign.blogspot.com]
I found one but don't know if there are more to be find. The one I found was about "no toys" product but items are of course related to the Glyos line. They are certainly just too big to be used with the figures. Don't know if I can say more.
Onell has lowered the price on Crayboth to $6 for each 2-pack.
Marasai Wrote:
Also,
> anyone know what this Excellis variant is called?

Deslin Exellis - from wave 5. The secret wave which still hasn't been listed in the main store...

Matt has really been hitting the new figures out of the park - Sarvos and the Standard Pheyden mark II are just sweet. Once everybody sees the final version of the new chestpiece, it is going to open up so many new options.

Here's a preview of a custom work-in-progress using Glyos parts:

John K.
I saw that the LOYCE'S TEE SHOP is no more linked in the blog so I guess that I can now talk about it. This shop was a good way to get some T-Shirt. I really like the 8-Bits one. Who else found it here ?
I guess it's just me, but I wish they'd leve the toys straight plastic with none of those sloppy paint apps.

More serious than thou
The glow and clear ones are unpainted, and I can imagine it wouldn't take much to strip them.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Sarvos, I found the tee shop, too...and just a hint: there's still one easter egg link that's still available!

fujikuro, I know what you mean about the paint, but I think at the actual scale these figures are in, it's really hard to notice. My only real problems I had with the paint were the glow-in-the-dark Pheydens. Granted, they weren't even official releases (they were stuffed in the clear Sky Deviler vinyl), I was annoyed by the messy lines and how they made the figures look "dirty" while glowing.

The regular first run figures, however, were never messy enough to bother me at all, but when I scored a few extras Matt hadn't cleaned up (read: super-messy), I just swabbed 'em with 91% rubbing alcohol. Done.

Anyway, it's a moot point with the latest figures. They're pretty much perfect compared to the first wave. The lines are super-tight and the figures look much cleaner than before.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Roger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Onell has lowered the price on Crayboth to $6 for
> each 2-pack.

Really? Still coming up as $8 in the store and cart.

Thanks,
--Ken-A
Weird. They show up as $6 for me on the store page, but Paypal bugs out when I click on the buy links.

I'll let him know.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, going back to the latest figures I got, I'd have to say that the paint is DEAD pristine.

Oh, and if ya wanna take a look at what I scored, check this out!

Phase Arm and Gobon Blaster upgrades, baby! Killer!

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
MUTANTS!!!

[onelldesign.blogspot.com]

(also, it seems to be Easter again)
Onell has...

...and...

...for sale.
mcfitch (Admin)
FUCK YES! And I'm headed to Matt's house tonight. Oh lucky me :D
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
I like the shininess of that black dude! The head being white adds a nice contrast to the blackness of the body.
cae
white hell - that looks GLOWIE!!!!

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
mcfitch (Admin)
IT IS GLOWIE! I'm holding one right now and it's like heaven.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
cae
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hassenpfeffer

more here : [kinderpower.free.fr]
Excellent pics Sarvos!!
Sanjeev (Admin)
That setup is bitchin'...even if a little creepy! ;)

Anyway, here are a couple of amazing custom Pheyden's by kaiju painting extraordinaire, Dead Presidents:
[www.collectiondx.com]

Dead Presidents' work is absolutely incredible. Definitely check out his blog--he and Mark Nagata collaborated on a custom Eyezon that's just stunning!

Anyway, I'm hoping this leads to an actual run of custom Glyos figs painted by Dead Presidents!

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
That's some excellent photography!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Thanks...I mean, I consider the photography pretty shitty, myself. I mean, I was just hanging out with the toys and my camera at Doughty's place. No backdrop, no diffuse lighting (except those couple shots above on top of Matt's tracing light panel). They're acceptable...but I'm sure Matt D will photograph them for the Glyos blog at some point and they'll look MUCH better...
It's cool you like it, but to be honest, pinstriping on a toy doesn't do much for me.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
I hear you. I think that's just his "thing".

Honestly, I think that what he's done with the colors and the finish are the most crucial parts of his custom work.

The pin-striping requires sick talent though, and even though I could probably live without it, it's REAL nice to know that he can pull incredible shit like this off!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Phanost has landed!

Granted, it's just another head sculpt...but it's a *damn* cool one. Reminds me of something outta Star Trek.

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
Where did you find those 2 non standard Phanost ?! I can't find them anywhere on the site.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Doh!

It looks like you might be too late. There was a link on the blog below the Junk Shop...something about "Enter Passcode". Essentially, it was a matching game that you played to unlock a secret store.

These dudes are sharp, yo! Always coming up with shit like that.

Well, through that, you could get the Hybrid Phanost (the Standard Pheyden-colored one). Mmm...probably Core Phanost (black/orange) as well, but I forget.

All I can say is that if you're possibly around for NYCC this weekend, go. I'm sure you'll be able to meet Matt and pick these guys up directly from him!

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
Thanks for your answer. I found the "secret zone" with "protected door". But I only saw the Hybrid Sarvos which was exclusive to this zone. Maybe the secret part is that incredible head.

Sadly I can't meet Matt directly at the NYCC 'cause I live at the other side of the world (New-Caledonia). So I can't get all the toy shows exclusives.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Holy crap--I had to google New Caledonia to see where that was. Almost sounded made up to me!

HA! Can I sound more like an ignorant USer??? ;)

Anyway, yeah, you can apparently get the Standard Phanost in the Warp Zone right now. I think Hybrid was in the Passcode store. Core? Mmm...I forget.

Anyhoo...BIG news:
Callgrim.com is now live!!

This is Jesse Moore's site dedicated to Pheyden's antithesis, Callgrim. And there may just be a Glyos System figure of the skullface on the way...

For now, check out the website and Jesse's killer artwork. If you wanna see more, definitely get the Gear's Edge books available in the Onell Design store!

Jesse's also got bitchin' exclusives of Pheyden and Sarvos available. Doesn't look like you can order them off the website yet, but maybe you can if you contact him. Either way, I'm sure he'll have 'em for NYCC this weekend.

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
I check the callgrim url daily since Matt posted about it in the glyos blog. I can't wait to see more callgrim figure. I remember that I saw one some months ago when searching for more Onell Design figures information but I can't remember where.

At this time I'm sure that both Matt and Jesse are really busy so I will wait for the end of the NYCC to contact them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer