Pheyden/Exellis/Crayboth: new toy line you should see

Posted by starbasejapan33 
Yeah, I'm trying to track down the Pheyaos already... Matt let me check out the green one from the blog when I met up with him and it's killer. I don't know if it was just the test shot piece, but the vinyl was much harder on it... not sure how I liked it.

I NEED some of those Armodocs as well. It's all about that black and grey one. And if I got some black and GID bits, I could add to my Phanost Corps :D AND I still need some paintable ones from Matt.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I don't think Phanost and the Armodocs get along... ;)

But, yeah, that green one was a test shot, but it's not uncommon for smaller Japanese vinyls to be pretty stiff. Do you have any other minis? I only have a couple and I remember them being pretty rigid.
Ooooohhh....I'll take two glowie Armos and two grey/black ones!
Looks like I'll be camping out at the computer refreshing the Onell store every thirty seconds for when they go up for sale. Hold my calls!
Is there an ETA for the new armodocs? I was in NYC during the initial release and missed the boat completely. Easily one of the most anticipated buys on my list.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm guessing soonish...I think Matt gets back from Asia this weekend or something...
Sooo wish Matt had a pre-order system. I'll be tied up all weekend between a family reunion and a wedding. Might miss round 2 of the armodocrockingness.
I think we're reaching a point in general where Matt either needs to rethink his distro system, or maybe offer more of figures. I know that production runs was a large part of what he went to China to discuss, so hopefully we'll hear some good news on everyone being able to get new releases!

I also can't wait to hear what Mori thought of my Mutant Head!

[prometheusrising.net]
Off topic but. Hey ben, you ever consider scoring one of those 9$ ultra monster vinyls and giving it a good painting? I bet you could make dinotank look like a god.
servbot30 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Off topic but. Hey ben, you ever consider scoring
> one of those 9$ ultra monster vinyls and giving it
> a good painting? I bet you could make dinotank
> look like a god.

Hush your mouth, son. Dinotank is a fine piece of ass without any fancy makeup. Don't disrespect.

But I agree that Prometheum5 could easily turn a $9 vinyl hooker into a $90 exclusive call girl with ethenyl lady parts.
I'll probably end up painting the couple of Bandai vinyls that I have (King Joes, Mecha Godzilla)... Dinotank WOULD be a fucking blast tho... have to see if I can find one, maybe two so I can sell one :D It IS a stupid design tho!

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Prometheum5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It IS a stupid design tho!

YOU FOOL!!
Word on the street is that there will be glowie and clear Callgrims and Orders coming very soon. Possibly this weekend. More good news is that they should be in higher quantities than the previous batch.
I hope I'm at a computer for when that time comes. The suspense is killing me.
Glowie and clear Callgrims for sale today:
[callgrim.com]

Make sure to hover your mouse over glowie Callgrim for full effect!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yup...thanks for posting that Eric! I totally spaced posting the link, myself. Damn, though, I gotta get in on these quick before they're gone...again!

And don't even get me started on any potential new Armodocs on the way... ;)
Make sure to log-in the Onell site tonight around 7PM Eastern for a new yellow & black Dead Presidents Gobon/Scar Pheyden set. $55, includes phase arm/gobon blasters and super-special-mystery-bonus-something-something.

Hoepfully the Armodocs will follow shortly...
Sanjeev (Admin)
Sweet...thanks for the heads up!
I picked up a set... I can't get enough of Walker's Glyos paintwork!

[prometheusrising.net]
I got some sold-out Onell stuff for sale if anyone is interested. Werd.

[toyboxdx.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Care of Mori at Real x Head...
(and posted by Daniel over at Skullbrain!)

FUCK YEAH!
Head over to the Onell site, there are new purple/black Armodocs and a few cool surprises for those who play the Passcode games.
Grabbed a ton of awesome new loot... I think I've come to love the special character figures and basic body types much more than building anything more than a powered up guy. Black/Purple and GGId Armodocs are awesome. I'll be interested to see the quality of the glow vinyl on these.

I really need to get my hands on the Pheyaos and the new minis when they come out... too bad there was such a lag between the JP and US release of the vinyl guys.

[prometheusrising.net]
It figures that the only two I wanted (glowy Armodoc and rusty Gobon) were the first to sell out. Having to be at the computer the minute things go up for sale just isn't fun. At least the Passcode was fun.
Anonymous User
Whoops, I totally missed this one. Some pretty sweet looking stuff this time around. Anybody get theirs yet?
mcfitch (Admin)
I got a shipping notice yesterday so I should have it today or tomorrow.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Aw, sheeit, just got my glow Armodoc (my first) and it is supercool. I see a lot of different things in this design, but mainly I'm thinking of...

[www.flickr.com]
I just got my glowy armodoc as well. Unfortunately it contained no hidden pilot. But that's cool since the armodoc itself was what I really wanted. I have plenty of glyos guys itching to take a ride.
Can I just say I FRIGGING LOVE THESE THINGS!!!

Well, I'm hooked. I love that some fellas and felines teamed up to make their dreams come true. Still, you guys are all bastids for getting me into them.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2010 07:13PM by RainBot.
Attachments:
open | download - crayboth holo2.jpg (155.6 KB)
I painted a Glyos dude, and it was a blast:

I've got another build to paint, but I want to get some Callgrim weapon parts for him...

[prometheusrising.net]
Wwwwooooooooww! I smell a future ben/onell collab!
Nice custom!
Anybody spend too much time on Sunday refreshing the Onell site?
I was graciously given a set of Chaos parts not fit for regular release from Matt and told to go nuts on them:

[prometheusrising.wordpress.com]

I LOVE how well the Chaos bits fit onto the Glyos bodies. Hopefully we see some more releases of these down the line, and maybe even some blank releases designed for customizing.

[prometheusrising.net]
Damn, that looks like it was a lot of fun to paint! Looks awesome man.
Finished!

[prometheusrising.wordpress.com]

[prometheusrising.net]
Anonymous User
Hey Ben, great work on both the Armodoc and the Chaos.. guy (what do we call these?). As I've said before, I enjoy your application of traditional model painting techniques to these toys. I have always wanted to see 'realistic' paints, and wish I had the skills to do so myself.

One thing- your images are taking a while to load, and they seem large. My connection is pretty fast here, so I hope it is not just me.
Thanks akum, I believe we're calling them Chaos Troopers. And thanks for the heads up on the photos... not sure if it's just because I linked a couple in a row, or what. They're not tremendously bigger than usual, but Wordpress has been a bit squirrely today.

[prometheusrising.net]
Now that's a beautiful Armodoc! Goddamn.

The photos could be loading slowly for some because they're PNG files, which tend to be a bit sizely.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Faaaaak me!

Listen: Go here and watch the movie...then go here and buy everything you can.

Once you've done this, you can thank me publicly or via PM.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
The new Callgrim figures are amazing. I ordered a batch the MOMENT they went online on February 21, then went back and ordered more. Even the colours you think may not be interesting look much better in person. I missed out on the Lorcassic Guard because of my hesitation. Don't be fooled by the Grimsquad's white and blue color scheme either - they are an off-white or "bone", and look amazing. By far my favourite is the Lorcos Rebellion Callgrim.

Unfortunately, the LORCOS REBELLION Callgrim and the LORCASSIC GUARD sold out within a day and are no longer available.

Let's hope some of the characters (like the Grim Squad Armodoc) appear in figure form in the next wave.

As for the animation, I love it. While Jesse's anatomic style may seem amateur-ish to some, his use of colour, brush control, mood and scene composition are extremely engaging and beautiful. The scene on Nemica is gorgeous. The music and voices are also amazing. While a bit over-the-top, I enjoyed it.

Don't forget to check out the "Holding Cell" off the main Blog menu for the Red Scar Pheyden! He comes with two heads, and two torsos!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2010 11:53AM by RainBot.
Anyone luck out with the big Glyos drop this morning?
I missed the Powered Armodoc (Glowie) when it was first released and was defeated this time as well. There was a clear Armodoc this time, too. Missed that one as well. One thing I didn't like this time around was that you couldn't tell if something was sold out or not until you went to check out. Kinda frustrating. But whatever works best for Matt & crew.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer