Pheyden/Exellis/Crayboth: new toy line you should see

Posted by starbasejapan33 
Good gravy, I'm going to have to borrow Sanjeev's Mach5 pedal car at the NYCC, just to haul off a trunk load of Onell goodness.
Sanjeev (Admin)
You're damn right, you will!

Okay, I promise this is it for my NYCC ramp-up news:
Buildman Ranic is out!!

With these guys...

You can do simple shit like this:

...Or...if you're slick, you can do this shit:
[onelldesign.blogspot.com]

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2009 09:50AM by Sanjeev.
This month has been the Glyos month. I have been able to score exclusives of both Banimon and Callgrim universe. I have finally scored the Core Phanost too. It seems that it has already gone (the warpzone is now closed). I have the feeling that special release through the warpzone last lesser and lesser time. Maybe a hint that this figures are more and more popular.

Just want to let everybody know that there is more to be find on the blog. But who will be able to access the classified files ?
Anyone been keeping an eye on these?

mcfitch (Admin)
Only in person. Funny, since I see him I don't follow the blog for updates. Though if he wasn't a friend I'd be all over the blog.

I love the idea and the execution so far seems great.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Just recently got around to buying some crayboth. I love em most greatly. Remind me of MUSCLE and that just rocks. I'll totally be buying the Armodoc.
The new Buildman colorways should be dropping this week, and Phase Arms, so those interested should keep their eyes on the site.
New Buildman figs are out! Phase Arms too! GOGOGO
(ahem)

cae
oh, man! That's awesome! Is that a 'sclusive or can I go buy one?

Guess I could just go look ...

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
he doesn't SEEM to be up. Is that silvery looking Gobon the standard?
Awesome!

If he was in a old robot cartoon, He'd have a spin attack!
cae Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> oh, man! That's awesome! Is that a 'sclusive or
> can I go buy one?
>

Somebody on the octobertoys forum got him as a freebie in their order. A person who might be Ro.. nevermind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 12:53AM by DarkXerox.
I don't have one yet, I did find the photo on October Toys' site, though. Lucky duck got the "IG-88" variant.

Apparently Glyos has a pretty strong following on 4chan now. I'll take credit for that. ;p
Matt Doughty is on the air now. Call up and harass him:

[www.blogtalkradio.com]
Nice to hear Matt on the airwaves. Enjoyed listening to that interview. Nice to not just have 60 seconds or whatever to hear what his thoughts are, and some backstory on Gobon. Met him at NYCC twice, cool dude.
Nice to hear your harassment Roger! Heehee
Fuckin Armodoc!! AHHHH! I cannot wait.

I FINALLY got around to buying some new parts fodder and figs for my little brother and myself after we both got to meet Matt at NYCC. The last of the colored Buildmen sold out right before I ordered tho! Can't wait to see what comes out of SDCC as well. The Average Intelligence interview was really really interesting and enlightening.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
mcfitch (Admin)
Hell yes!

And since I just took some pics for the Octobertoys.com forum I'll post them here too:

-Mason

Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2009 11:30PM by mcfitch.
:( DP Custom Corps... I went to work that night and forgot about it, and then they were all gone. I would KILL to get just about any fig from that...

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Show off.

;)
That Samus is pretty slick looking and makes me wish they sold a ready-build of it. The robo-keg is nice, too. Actually... I dig a lot of those. But they're never for sale when I check out the site. *groan*
anyone know if they'll be selling any exclusives at SDCC this year?
Mason, you have a Gobon! I hate you!
mcfitch (Admin)
Marasai,
They will!

Roger,
I'm used to it ;-) Was I not supposed to have Gobon? He just threw it into an order I placed for the Custom Copr wave 2.
Gcrush,
The Samus is indeed nice. matt was nice enouigh to walk me step by step through how he made the one for his blog. It's all Buildman parts.
-Mason

Oh look! There goes Mason, and his reflective child-bearing hips again!... Har.
Amen on the Samus. Too cool.
That's great that there will be an exclusive this year. Care to drop any hints as to who/what it'll be? And will Gobon be available for purchase this year? I could swear he had them on display last year, but not for sale.
mcfitch (Admin)
It's not up to me to reveal any of his projects, but as far as Gobon being available just email Matt from the onelldesign.com website.
-Mason

Sanjeev (Admin)
Mason...did those last Buildmen do what I think they do???
mcfitch (Admin)
Yes.

Alright, got back from SDCC and scored some new Onell figures. First, let me say, Calgrim is awesome! I love this guy. Second, I managed to score a silver Gobon and he is a fun, chunky little guy. Can't wait till he comes up for sale officially. Lastly, three words. Color change Buildmen.
mcfitch (Admin)
And have you done the color change yet? It's awesome.
-Mason

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2009 09:31PM by mcfitch.
Yeah, I did it in the car on the drive home. I was surprised at how fast the colors changed. I'd say it is a worthy successor to the GITD figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Y'all can thank me for that one! ;)
Does anyone have any knowledge to drop on my regarding Gobon? I've been waiting for the tubby guy for months and the only one I've seen pop up on the Onell shop is the clear version, which no longer seems to be up.

Did I totally miss the silver version somehow?
Unfortunately you did. The Armodocs and Gobons went pretty quickly as soon as they were up for sale. Hopefully, more will be coming soon.
Well, that's what I get for not checking the site every day I suppose.
Hopefully the silver one will be offered again. The only other colors I could see myself being interested in is grey or olive.
Sanjeev (Admin)
You could always repaint them...like Mason did! Seriously, though, I totally lucked out by snagging a couple silver Gobons before they hit the market. I was only able to get one Armodoc, though (was hoping to get one of each "colorway": the reverse pink/grey ones).

Anyway, I wasn't too hot on the pink/grey ones in the first place, but based on how stoopidly-popular they seem to be, I can only imagine how fast future colorways are gonna sell out! Gonna have to be quick, I guess... :/
Christ...I just looked at the CDX review for Gobon and saw the rust variant. I didn't know that one existed...and I wish I hadn't seen it. Waaahhhh!!!!
I take it, you haven't seen yet another variant, the Nemica Gobon either? It's only going to get worst for you... :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer