Pheyden/Exellis/Crayboth: new toy line you should see

Posted by starbasejapan33 
mcfitch (Admin)

I take it back, Mason works for Onell, not Roger and Sanjeev. I think he owns more of these little buggers than Matt! LOL

Uh... then you should go to Matt's some day and see just how many he has ;-) Actually I used to have a lot more but I've given the earlier waves away as non-toy people have come over and asked what they were and were interested in them. I suppose I should replace them before more of them are retired.

Nice display, but it seems a little weird to put these playable, durable guys behind glass. I suppose the same is done for antique toys of the same mien, but this is like buying a new football and baseball (pretty as they may be) and putting them in a museum case. ;-) [/qoute]

I hear ya, but the doors do open my man. Actually they've opened quite a few times this morning alone :D Now as to my decision to put them in this case; it just made sense given the rest of my collection and display options (which will be done with updated pics within the week). This way they're isolated and don't look odd mixed on the same shelf with chogokin. It's just the right amount of real estate, and with the light above them (that's why they're on the top shelf) and all the glowie goodness there...well, do I really have to spell it out? ;-) If I get another good display case that matches the corner case and the other wood case I'd put all my vinyls in there and ditch the wall mounted bracketed shelves they're on now. I'd prefer everything behind glass but that's for a few reasons; 1) It eliminates the need for dusting, and 2) It keeps them as a display instead of looking like objects just placed on an open shelf. To each their own of course, but I like the cleaner, more museum like look of this type of display.

Heh. The angled mirrors make you look like you've got child-bearing hips, Mason. LOL!

Jape

Who says I don't? I'd make an excellent mother.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
mcfitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd make an excellent mother.

I don't doubt it. Just remove all the hardware before you breast feed or your kid'll chip a tooth!

Nah, the display does look cool. I was just thinking out loud. :-)

Jape
mcfitch (Admin)
Those are teething rings.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
cae
heh heh heh - Parasite Deviler was the perfect gateway drug to Onell's toys. Shite! Ver', ver' cool.

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
cae Wrote:
> Parasite Deviler

Who 'dat?
cae
Not really your kinda thing, Jape. It's kaiju related.

[onelldesign.blogspot.com]

It's that thing in the middle of Mason's case (as seen below) - and it comes with a number of internal, glowie Crayboth (plus another glowie character, if'ns you be lucky).

hassenpfeffer
Nifty. I didn't recall anyone talking about that one.

So it was stuffed with glowie Crayboths from the very first batch? Cool.

While I normally don't go for the insane, LSD-inspired kaiju, I do get a kick out of the guy-in-a-suit variey, which Deviler reminds me of. :-)

(I was floored today when I saw a whole slew of vinyl Hedorahs in a KB Toystore in the local Mall. Wowsers.)

Jape
Crayboth "Invid version":

Crayboth "Acguy version" with SHINING FINGAAHH!!!

As an added value, these toys are irresistible to some cats! My four little dudes have been safe on my desk for some time (my cats are generally good about knowing what they can and can't mess with), but a Pheyden was carried off the other day. It's something about the smell. I never noticed before how strong it was because you have to get right up on it--it doesn't carry far. Anyhoo, now two of my kitties are obsessed with them.

The cats didn't hurt Pheyden by gnawing on him, so that's a definite plus. ;-)

Jape
Here's an Invid-ish creation that was on display at Toy Fair:

Three new Pheyden figures added, and one of them is a glowie:

[www.onelldesign.com]
Man, I just received my last order, and I'm already behind again? I wonder if I can join a Pheyden of the Month Club....

(That Cosmic Wave is sweet!)

Jape
Yeah, that Cosmic Wave Pheyden did it for me after over a year resisting all of this "hype"...so yeah...I finally bit and got a few of these buggers...can't wait!
Hey guys new colors up on the blog and in the store....
I love these guys....
cae
I just ordered a handful of these for my brother's birthday. Killer stuff. I need to get a few more for myself at work. Can't wait for the new sculpts!

hassenpfeffer
cae: No lie man...He keeps teasing us with that scar Pheydon in the blog...and then there is Buildman Ranic.
Gobon is going to be really amazing when it hits. I've handled the prototype, it's got multiple layers of fun to it. About the size of a tangerine.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Just fucking around with the camera, nice weather, and two new Onell figs I scored recently...

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2008 01:01PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - 163_6303.JPG (293.1 KB)
open | download - 163_6305.JPG (247.1 KB)
open | download - 163_6312.JPG (229.8 KB)
Kick ass pics Sanjeev!! You really lucked up with the weather!

Excellent job dude!
I loves that lit up translucent plastic Sanjeev! You wiley kid, you snuck some new figures past your arch nemesis, Sky Deviler, didn't ya now! Smooooth.
btw... nice garden, where'd you get it?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hehe...thanks, Jon! Yeah, as it turned out, Sky Deviler--whose vile birthday was yesterday--wasn't tough to fool. As for the garden, it's my mom's. Gonna by a place in the city (Boston) and I can't say I'll miss the 'burbs...but every now and then, the nature really is spectacular...
Sanjeev, What compensation do they get for keeping the garden clean? A revolution could get ugly! ;)
Sanjeev (Admin)
F those jerks...I'll just buy a hawk or something to swoop down and grab 'em by the face and drop them on a rock (not that that will damage them in any way...).
Watch out, they'll send their fat little friend Gobon to take care of your pedal car drivin' self!
Btw...Roger's right, that toy was cool looking. How far along is it?
Do these have, drum roll...

a Waist joint? ;)
cae
They do. They have a ton of joints, actually.

hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
repairtechjon Wrote:
> Watch out, they'll send their fat little friend
> Gobon to take care of your pedal car drivin'
> self!
> Btw...Roger's right, that toy was cool looking.
> How far along is it?

You're not talking about my hypothetical Mach 5 pedal car that you were teasing me with in the Speed Racer toy thread, are you???

Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about! :P
Sanjeev Wrote:
----------
> Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking
> about! :P

Sorry to not clearly connect thoughts here. duh for me...
I was attempting to ask about the progress/release of Onell's Gobon, the chubby, BossBorot looking modular figure. When I checked it out at NYCC, it looked like a fun piece to have, but that dratted girl at the booth wouldn't let it out of her clutches!
This is awesome, Onell is getting blogged about in The Holy Land:

[blogs.yahoo.co.jp]
[www.laughnow.tv]
[www.laughnow.tv]
[www.laughnow.tv]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hehe....jimmy hat, indeed.
According to Schmatt Schmalt, one of the blogs sez:

"They're palm size so you can really play with them. I advise not placing them on the edges of your desktop. Because they'll go flying with an accidental brush of your hand. You can really sense the 'love of play' from the huge range of variations."
Look, sir, droids! And they're translucent!

Sanjeev (Admin)
repairtechjon Wrote:
> I was attempting to ask about the progress/release
> of Onell's Gobon...

Huh...I just realized I have no idea when Gobon is coming out! :P

I'm trying to remember, but I think Buildman Ranic (my personal favorite) is tentatively slated for SDCC. That would rock my face off. As for Gobon, I'm hoping he's available by then, but I'll have to check with that dratted girl!

Other things are in the works, too...very hot stuff...I'm psyched to be a fly on the wall as all of this develops...

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
More clearness:

What about this guy?

Glyos is probably the most satisfying toyline out there currently.

John K.
He says "Don't screw with me! I a badass!" ;)
More color variations coming...

...two words: REAL TYPE.
Sanjeev (Admin)
All right, I've had some more time to mess with my Parasitic Phantom Sky Deviler. Basically, what that means is that I got impatient with all those delish glowie Glyos figs stuffed up his wazoo. It was time for a little gentle laxative...

Ah, but freedom for the figs means no glow for Sky Deviler. That's not acceptable. Fortunately, I had previously scored an unpainted glowie Dokurocks from Skull Toys. Yes, designer vinyl. Get over it. He's got skulls.

Brian Flynn's pic (the one I have is in the bottom, left-hand corner):

(and while we're at it, that's a damn impressive Dokurocks collection...).

A little blow-drying action...a little forced copulation. And we have Dokuro-Deviler...and family:

Unfortunately, this guy's kinda tough to photograph well. I probably need a dark backdrop...next time. In person, it's MUCH easier to see the Dokurocks figure inside the clear vinyl. Anyway, here's a closer shot of Deviler's body that hopefully shows off Dokurocks a little:

And, of course, where would we be without a good glowie mashup of Glyos figs. I tell ya, red is off the hook...DAMN shame the glow dies so quick...

Messing around with red/green glowie combos is AWESOME. I'ma see if I can score more of these from Onell Design so that I can start building the sort of ridiculous shit they do with all the extra bits! I'll keep y'all posted!

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2008 05:56PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - skulltoys_lo.jpg (126.9 KB)
With all due apologies to Roger for stealing his line.... "No, YOU get over it!"

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
Love the pictures Sanjeev...and im with you, i don't care who makes it, if it has a skull on it i am interested...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer