[MEAT] Pig AM Love

Posted by Gcrush 
*oink* *oink*

To salvage the derailment of a previous thread, we now have an official home for pork-chat. Here. In this thread. See below for a chart of appropriate cuts of chat:

You can blame Mason's tattoo for this, but leave his nipple rings out of it.

Also, devotees of the Bacon God may be interested in this swine hock. TEH INTERNETS have never tasted soooooo good.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2007 01:48PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - pig2.jpg (193.1 KB)
Cribbed from the derailed thread:

Since we are on to the topic of pig parts...

Porks is good.

All races of bacon am love.

And you have not truly lived until you have eaten salted and fried fatback or hog jowls.

But how do you improve on pig meat? You serve it thicker, with more layers, and cut it from the back of a sacred swine! So for a sublime religious experience, you must enjoy the Korean dish of marbled hog meat. See the pic below:

Essentially, the dish I am describing is a thicker and heartier version of bacon that Koreans enjoy as a meal in itself. The "common" variety, samgyeopsal (삼겹살), actually means "three layers" or, in my Shakespearian transliterator, "thrice marbled swine". You typically sit down to a do-it-yourself griddle and fry up the delectables with a compliment of sliced garlic. When ready, you deposit them in a rolled up perilla leaf (깨닢) and chow down. The usual array of side dishes for such a meal includes green chilies, onions, tofu, red pepper paste, and, of course, kimchi. It is a nice, spicy and hearty helping of hog. Mm-m-good.

But the real manly version, the one I pictured above is ogyeopsal (오겹살). Clocking in at a whopping five mutha-fuckin' layers, its flavor will massage your tongue in ways that would embarrass even the most hardened sixteen year old varsity cheerleader. (I will wait while you go back to the picture and count the little layers of piggy delight. Go ahead.) This five-layer dish is supremely special because it can only be produced by the rare Black Pig of Jeju Island. Otherwise known as the ddongdwegi (똥돼지), or shit-hog, this rare breed of beast was once an ordinary pink domestic pig - but after being transplanted to the resource poor volcanic island Jeju, it turned black over time from being fed refuse. See below:

And that's the real scoop!

If we keep the bacon angle rolling, I might start going on about fried hog-heads in the mountains of Colombia or jerk pork in Kingston. Join my army, see the world, and eat pork from every corner of the planet!
Pork talk marches on!

joydivision Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> have you ever tasted pork ears? it is quite
> popular here in portugal!
> plus many other stuff!
> people love pork here!
> you would love it! it ain´t stuff for sissys!

Why, yes, Joydivision, I have eaten pig's ear soup! Quando eu estava em Colômbia, comi sopa da orelha. Muito delicioso!
mcfitch (Admin)
Let's eat!

-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
I really don't feel like talking about pork products any more. Sorry.
Roger Wrote:
> I really don't feel like talking about pork
> products any more. Sorry.

That's your problem, not pork's.
Okay, on that chart above, where's the McRibwich?

No, wait. Don't show me.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2007 05:02AM by asterphage.
Attachments:
open | download - oishii3.gif (55.9 KB)
I bet it's tears are as tasty as the rest of it.
PIG ART AM DELICIOUS TWO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2007 02:53AM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - pig.jpg (29.9 KB)
open | download - pig 2.jpg (21.4 KB)
mcfitch (Admin)
Oh man I love the pig bits falling in the background of the 2nd picture.
-Mason

Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
I now present you with morcilla. In Colombia, it is essentially a pan-fried or baked pig's intestine filled with hog blood, rice, and spices. Turns crispy and dark black when it is ready.

Eat it with a bandeja paisa. Pity that the only part of your body either are good for are your taste buds.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2007 01:32PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - morcilla.jpg (171.2 KB)
Reading this thread reminded me of this:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2007 10:47AM by Jerilock.
Jerilock Wrote:
> Reading this thread reminded me of this:
>
> [www.youtube.com]

A "wonderful, magical animal" indeed! All hail PIG!
mcfitch (Admin)
I had something very similar in a Korean restaraunt. Unfortunately it did not taste good, and I have an adventurous palette.
-Mason

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2007 01:24PM by mcfitch.
mcfitch Wrote:
> I had something very similar in a Korean
> restaurant. Unfortunately it did not taste good,
> and I have an adventurous palette.
> -Mason

Do you remember what it was called?
cae

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
mcfitch (Admin)
Gcrush Wrote:
> mcfitch Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I had something very similar in a Korean
> > restaurant. Unfortunately it did not taste
> good,
> > and I have an adventurous palette.
> > -Mason
>
>
> Do you remember what it was called?

Unfortunately it was just "Korean Sausage" in English on the menu. The menu was written 95% in Korean with 1 or 2 words in enlish per item.
-Mason

Edit: Having looked it up the next day I'm fairly certain it was this Soonday:
[www.recipesource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2007 06:05PM by mcfitch.
mcfitch Wrote:
> Unfortunately it was just "Korean Sausage" in
> English on the menu. The menu was written 95% in
> Korean with 1 or 2 words in enlish per item.
> -Mason
>
> Edit: Having looked it up the next day I'm fairly
> certain it was this Soonday:
> [www.recipesource.com]
> rec0063.html

Yeah, that's probably what you had. The quality or taste of sundae (순대) varies depending on the mixture of ingredients and how it was cooked (pan fried, steamed, or boiled). Sounds like you had a bad batch. Then again, it is basically just a variation on chitlins - and if you don't like thems, then you probably wouldn't ever enjoy sundae.

Whilst in Jaeju Island one afternoon, I sampled some Korean seafood sausage. Squid, fish parts, roe, and noodles stuffed into pig guts and boiled in a light broth. I would love to tell you how arful it was, but the truth is I was mostly overwhelmed by how plain it tasted. It might as well have been British food. Meh.
Monday morning Pork Update! A new way to enjoy your favorite meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2007 11:39AM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - pork vodka.jpg (11.7 KB)
cae
sweet jesus - the bacon martini. If I can get me one of those, I can die happy.

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
mcfitch (Admin)
Sometimes all this pork makes me dirty and I have to wash up.

[www.instructables.com]

Mason, that's awesome.

"Soap can be made from just about any kind of fat. Even though fat from bacon, called lard, isn't the finest of fats to use for making soap, it somehow seemed to be the most exciting. Why? Because bacon is amazing. It has an almost mystical power to it and is a food that can be craved to almost no end. I figured what better way use the extra grease I had from cooking bacon then to turn it into soap!"

Fucking genius! Except he misspelled pork as bacon. But, whatever. It's kewl. Same animal, different magic power.
Monday night PROK update! Follow the instructions!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2007 12:10AM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - love pork.jpg (22.2 KB)
Monday afternoon PROK comes in a can:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2007 05:13PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - Small pig in a pork and beans can.jpg (68 KB)
NOTHING is more delicious than a Bacon sandwich:

[www.speakeasy.org]

mmm.....bacon....
Sanjeev (Admin)
ChrisM, I'm disappointed. That pansy white bread isn't worthy to bear the regal mass of the pig.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Hey, I make MY bacon sandwiches with a more robust grainy bread..not some of that girly generic Butternut crap. That way I'll at LEAST have some fiber in there with my porcine goodness as it rolls into my lower intestine forming a secondarily delicious bolus!

Speaking of which...Try this: BACON CEREAL

[www.speakeasy.org]

*shudder* delicious bacony goodness with BACO bits!!
I'd seen the samwhich entry before. But not the cereal one. The bind moggles. Which brings me to this:

Why can't I do both?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2007 07:32PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - love me don't eat me.jpg (12.8 KB)
mcfitch (Admin)
"Why can't I do both?"

You can and WILL!

-Mason

When I was very young, we visited a friend's farm in Virginia where they kept pigs and chickens. I adored the little chicks as they hopped around and peeped at me. When we went over to the adjoining pig pen, a couple of chicks wandered in with us. The farmer didn't notice, and he probably would have done something about it if he did, because as I stared in horror, one of the pigs walked over to the chicks and literally inhaled them.

True story. I've never been able to forget it.
Little know facts. Pigs will eat anything. Let me reference a story that my wife tells of a relative who lost his life by getting drunk and falling into a pig pen in the middle of the night. Needless to say what was left of him was found in the morning...Did I mention that this happened in the Philippines...Maybe the pigs are more vicious there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2007 12:38PM by fel9.
Mr. Wu's pigs on Deadwood are always hungry.
mcfitch (Admin)
Don't keep us in suspense. How did that particular pig taste?
-Mason

fel9 Wrote:
> Little know facts. Pigs will eat anything. Let me
> reference a story that my wife tells of a relative
> who lost his life by getting drunk and falling
> into a pig pen in the middle of the night.
> Needless to say what was left of him was found in
> the morning...Did I mention that this happened in
> the Philippines...Maybe the pigs are more vicious
> there.

It was actually a bunch of pigs.
And as far as taste one would assume that they tasted just as good as any other pig...just meaner and more vicious

mcfitch Wrote:
> Don't keep us in suspense. How did that
> particular pig taste?
> -Mason
>
> fel9 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Little know facts. Pigs will eat anything. Let
> me
> > reference a story that my wife tells of a
> relative
> > who lost his life by getting drunk and falling
> > into a pig pen in the middle of the night.
> > Needless to say what was left of him was found
> in
> > the morning...Did I mention that this happened
> in
> > the Philippines...Maybe the pigs are more
> vicious
> > there.
On Monday morning, Sunday breakfast strikes back!

Meet the pancake sandwich: two pancakes, two fried eggs (over easy!), and four slices of bacon! Smother with fake whipped vegetable fat butter and hi-fructose corn syrup maple flavoring! Slides down smooth, plugs up good! Guaranteed to make a man out of even the most feeble bodied androgynous twig!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2007 01:32PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - triple threat.JPG (85.8 KB)
Eggs over easy??? Ha! What you NEED is to have those eggs over HARD!!! and replace those pancakes with WAFFLES.

plus a deep-fried stick of butter.

MMMMMMMM.........deep-fried stick of butter.....

now THAT's a manly breakfast!
ChrisM Wrote:
> Eggs over easy??? Ha! What you NEED is to have
> those eggs over HARD!!! and replace those
> pancakes with WAFFLES.
>
> plus a deep-fried stick of butter.
>
> MMMMMMMM.........deep-fried stick of butter.....
>
> now THAT's a manly breakfast!

I will try that next year after I have recovered from Sunday's Revenge.
this thread is still going?
now you want to talk about manly food eh...

have you ever tasted this:

it is called "rojões"!
you cut pieces of pork a bit like squares and then you place it in a big pan with lots bacon fat that has been previously heated so it is liquified.
and whats better is that you can make a lot of it because it stays fresh and juicy for days becuase of the fat!
and usually it is even deep fried after!
and it is served with fried potatoes!

Gcrush: Falas bem português! Se comeres isto no inverno nunca mais tens frio eheh! Eu é que já não como carne de porco há anos!
joydivision: Obrigado, mas não penso que meu português é bom. Em Colômbia nós temos picada. É quadrados fritados da porco, da carne, e das batatas. É salissimo e corta a boca quando você o come. Mmmm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer