[THOR MOVIE] I never signed a petition for a fucking Thor movie!

Posted by Roger 
Look at this:

[www.petitionspot.com]

I may surf drunk every once in a while, but I know for sure I NEVER signed a petition to get a Thor movie made. And look, a lot of other people from this board are there, too! I am SO pissed!
More on page 3:

[www.petitionspot.com]

Look, Erik Sjoen is on there, and he's enthusiastic about it without swearing. And John Paras uses proper capitalization and never mentions Voltes V. Now you KNOW it's a fake!

Wasn't there a guy with the handle Thor who hung around here, and actually used language like "yea, verily" in his posts?
Apparently, I think Marvel should make one already. Or even three.
Don't hold your breath for this one.
I'm going to find the person who put my name on this petition and make THEM hold their breath as I dunk their head in a bucket of urine!
FUCKERS!!!
> FUCKERS!!!

Did you get up early on a Sunday to write that Roger?

When was this petition made? There are some names on there that haven't been active here for quite some time.

You know Roger, I'll bet you Lord What's His Face put your name (and everyone else's) up there as revenge for your subterfuge and general mockery.

Thank you

Super Robot T-Shirts never forget
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
"Look, Erik Sjoen is on there, and he's enthusiastic about it without swearing. "

They didn't even FUCKING spell my name right. You suck Roger.. I love you.
I had a nasty case of the cotton-mouth this morning so I was up.

I love you, too, Erik, but those fucking dickheads! I didn't even notice the misspelling!

REVENGE!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2005 11:58AM by Roger.
MattAlt (Admin)
Where'd you order the case of cottonmouths? HLJ?

How did you even find this?
> How did you even find this?

Searching for his own name, probably.

Matt, that snake is the scariest thing ever.
That looks like something I saw on this nasty skank at the local strip club!!!! ;)
What...the...fuck? Those fucking bastards! I mean, the Fantastic4 movie looks like an ass of horse/manchild mix, and now some dickshit is taking our names and putting them on some fake petition? Okay, anybody know any hackers...?

Yo jake, are you talkin; bout me?
"You know Roger, I'll bet you Lord What's His Face put your name (and everyone else's) up there as revenge for your subterfuge and general mockery" :^)
It hurt to watch the original Fantastic four movie.
Fugly said:

"Yo jake, are you talkin; bout me?"

I don't know, am I?

Thank you

Super Robot T-Shirts never change identities
I sure hope not...there was a F4 movie? Really?

I'm talking about the new one though...
Fugly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I sure hope not...there was a F4 movie? Really?
>
> I'm talking about the new one though...

Yup, and it featured these guys:

[^_^]
I confess it was me, but in all honesty I thought I was signing everyone to M.A.N.B.L.A. (Man Boy Love Association) ha, ha. Just kidding I have no idea how my name or any one else got on that petition. What If a petition like this was responsible for that crap Catwoman movie, I couldn't live knowing my name helped bring out a turd on a wheel movie like that.
You mean N.A.M.B.L.A, North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes.
I suspect that Chris signed y'all up.

Matt, "case of cottonmouths" -- very, very funny.

Best,
--Ken-A

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2005 12:00AM by Ken-A.
Jesus Christ. They even put my name on the fucking list. Thanks a lot Chris or whoever. Bleh.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Thor sucks. Let's spam that petition omg
Was this mystery ever solved?

And when are we getting a Thor movie?
Soooo.... SIX years later that Thor guy who stole our handles for his petition finally got his wish....

Anyway... I enjoyed the movie. Hardly "Iron Man" but the main actor faired well as Thor (and the actor who played Loki was actually quite good) and those action scenes with him using Mjolnir seriously rocked. I think liked the Asgard stuff much better than the On Earth stuff but that broad comedy seemed to play well with the audience I watched it with...
MattAlt (Admin)
The bigger question: more than a half-decade later, has Rog cured his case of cotton-mouth?
H-man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyway... I enjoyed the movie. Hardly "Iron Man"
> but the main actor faired well as Thor (and the
> actor who played Loki was actually quite good) and
> those action scenes with him using Mjolnir
> seriously rocked. I think liked the Asgard stuff
> much better than the On Earth stuff but that broad
> comedy seemed to play well with the audience I
> watched it with...

Similar reaction here. It was pretty nifty for what it was, and the Mortal Kombat-Meeyoneer-Frost Giant sequences near the beginning were pure eye candy--ridiculously stupid, but sort of fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2011 02:33AM by gingaio.
I saw it with the nephews and we all had a good time...Except Natalie Portman bugged the crap out of me the whole time. That and the whole bit with Hawkeye seemed tacked on at the last minute, but oddly enough that bugged me less than N.P....weird...
Agreed re: the Asgard action scenes and the Mjolnir (mew-mew) action scenes...all very entertaining. Could have used MOAR DESTROYER. Glad cotton-mouth forged my signature on that petition, back in the day.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Liked it a lot. Given the source material, I don't think it could've been much better. Even the wife digged it.

Best, Ken-A
B00
It was fun. I like how they didn't play up the "space-alien" angle, and kept a mystical/magical feel to Asgard and the characters.

All I could think about during the movie was how Thor's face stopped growing when he was ten years old while the rest of his body made it all the way to thirty. Weird. And I'm starting to think that Natalie Portman's acting talent peaked around 13 years of age...

Mrs. Gcrush said most of the scenes in the film looked like a video game to her. And that it was odd for a society with the technological ability to create wormholes to be using swords in a fight. She also asked what an "Avenger" is and I explained it is simply, "An advanced marketing concept." It got the point across.
>Given the source material, I don't think it could've been much better.

Agreed. I had no interest whatsoever in the comics, but I really enjoyed the movie. I think they did a good job of playing it all "straight" yet with an awareness of how goofy the subject matter was (Rennaisance fair references, etc.).
Sanjeev wrote:

>I found it offensive

Yeah, the door man fella was a little oddly placed, but Branagh met the Bechddel criteria... only when the two ladies aren't babbling on about how dreamy Thor's rippling abs are.

:) Time travel!

Saw it on Thursday as a reward for getting pencils done. Loved Thor's journey of redemption. Confused at the romance angle, but really satisfied with its peak. And Loki was the guy making the most sense until he flipped out and turned two dimensionally evil faster than you can say "Anakin".
The score, by Branagh-fave Patrick Doyle was majestic and emotionally charged, but lacked hummability. It did its job, but I won't be playing it alongside Elfman, Walker or Williams any time soon. It's a shame, really, because his scores for Dead Again, Henry V and Much Ado were phenomenal.

Over all, very well done, and to date, the best Marvel film since the first Iron Man.

I'd be interested to hear what you folks thought of the 3D. My chum and I were discussing it and it seemed that the pure CGI effects, with a lot of particles (like stars and clouds) and vistas were nice, but not ten-extra-bucks-nice, and the fight scenes were nausea inducing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2011 06:49PM by RainBot.
I wouldn't have bothered with the 3D. The movie was not filmed in 3D so all of that was done in post which never produces good results. I think only "Avatar" and "Tron Legacy" so far were actually filmed and intended for 3D.
Could have been worse. Could have been a Tron Legacy petition.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer