[FANDUMB] THOROUGHLY SICKENED by G.I. Joe.

Posted by Roger 
As impassioned as the discussion gets around here sometimes, always remember that someone can go further:

[groups.google.com]

I propose that THOROUGHLY SICKENED replaces "X is DEAD to me" in 2004 on the BBS.

Post Edited (01-22-04 14:01)
So Roger, what are you doing over on ATT? Is the "Transfan" portion of your persona taking over?

As an insider in that world, let me give you a hint. If you want the *Really* zealous stuff, try alt.toys.transformers.classic.moderated. As goofy as the folks on ATT can be, the loonies on ATTCM are true professionals. The whole NG is actually a break away faction that was formed by one of the most legendary of the internet TF wackos because she didn't want to pollute her discussions with talk of Beast Wars.

Thank You

Do you want to buy Super Robot mugs and boxer shorts? Try here: [www.cafeshops.com]
Yep, I do browse it from time to time. It's thoroughly entertaining. I've read the moderated group, too, great stuff.

Beast Wars is the One True Way.
Ooo! I found a real gem =)

That one is an amusing, out of left field outburst, but it's nothing compared to the pure venom that shows up in ATT in any discussion relating to:

- Masterpiece Prime: Hasbro v. Takara

- Megatron's gun mode

- Diecast (Ya know, when the topic came up here a little while back I really didn't think most TF fans where anywhere near as dead-set against diecast as so many of the vocal ones seem to be)

I just lurk there, and that place has gotten downright snarky, lately. I haven't even ventured into ATTCM in a while. Can any forum started by the Plumed Serpeant ever truly scrape off the crazy?

I guess what I'm saying is... I am THOROUGHLY SICKENED by Transformers newsgroups. Hey, that is fun!
Well even though Im know more about Transformers than the reg. fan should know, I really don't want to join one of their message bords. As Im intersted in other robots besides TF's, if i mention something else besides TF's they wouldn't understand what Im talking about. at least the people on Macrossworld know about other things besides Macross.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Drywall, you forgot the "Nightbird" issue =)

"Drywall, you forgot the "Nightbird" issue =)"

Issue? What issue? Obviously, Megatron was in love with her. The fact that he's so comfortable with his feelings just further points out how he's the only true Megatron, and all others are vile pretenders to the name who should burn for their treachery.

Huh... Wha... Sorry, blacked out for a second.

Vincent - that's the main reason I like this board a lot better than just about any of the dedicated TF boards. Here, you know people have toy experiences a bit broader than "looked at some import TFs on eBay, once." That, and there's a bit more of a relaxed, saner atmosphere than you get in some of the scarier areas of any fandom.
Thank <insert deity> that I don't post there anymore. Howeverr, since I don't post there anymore, I've discovered it as a good place to get a laugh... :)

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
you know there are tin collectors out there who are doing the same thing to us..("hey Phil ,check out the jokers who love those shogun diecrap thingies" "hahaha")..and then the classic car collectors are making fun of the tin toy collectors site,("hey Bob, they collect toys.." 'Hahaha" and then the Rolex watch collectors are making fun of the car guys on their site and poke fun at the absurdity of obsessions over HP and IRS and what 18 inch rims go best with their tailpipes .....which are not nearly as cool as their $35,000 diamond encrusted limited edition watches.....its just a giant nerd pecking order. ;)

got to love it...

Hey, we're not on the chart! I guess toy collectors would fit right between the middle levels of comic book and anime fans...

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
It depends on what you do on the side. I know at least one high ranking Toyboxer who falls into a pretty low rung on that chart. :)

Thank You

On the other hand, wearing a Super Robot T-Shirt really makes you popular!

Thank you
Toyboxers fell off the bottom of the chart.
mcfitch (Admin)
"It depends on what you do on the side. I know at least one high ranking Toyboxer who falls into a pretty low rung on that chart. :)"

Jake,
If anyone's a furry I just don't want to know.
-Mason
I have a confession......

no I dont.

----------------------------------------------------------------
[www.collectiondx.com]

"I think those Argentinians with the Italian IP addresses are the worst. You know what I call them? ArgItalians! Damn, I hates me some ArgItalians! Boo! "

--Gingaioh
cae
What the hell is a 'furry'?

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
Someone who's fetish is antropomorphic animals. Do not visist any website devoted to furries, you'll be sorry.

Heh..Furries...hey Jake, we discussed this a while back...would dressing up as Gloomy and making out with my gurl be considered bad??

:)

josh

Also, I imagine serous collectors here would fall under the listing "People who Buy Expensive 'Replicas' of Fictional Fantasy Swords," down at the bottom left. As such, also being a regular furry would only knock you down a single peg.
cool.

but what rung would a furry who had to make out with stuffed pokamon dolls because they could not find a willing furry partner be listed under? :)

Hopefully the "suicidal" rung.
-Mason
Furry Josh said:

"would dressing up as Gloomy and making out with my gurl be considered bad?"

No, but spelling it "gurl" would. Zing!

As far as the secret behaviors, I'll never tell..... Unless you fill me with Calpis Water and coax it out of me.

Thank you

Underneath the costumes, furries wear Super Robot T-Shirts

Thank you
Oh, I get it. You mean golden showers.
"but what rung would a furry who had to make out with stuffed pokamon dolls because they could not find a willing furry partner be listed under? :)"

That would technically require the construction of a second chart to place below the first.
doesn't calpis makes you fat? ;)

Ewww... No, I was just referring to the power Calpis has over me. (The power to make me phat) I can say with no reservations that I don't know any Toyboxers who get sexual gratification from urination.

Thank you

Buy A Mug
Yeah, sure, Jake.

Josh, if Calpis makes you fat, you must be immune to it.
heh...i drink the concentrate straight from the bottle. you should see me know, i am over 350 pounds of burning sumo love. ;)

mcfitch (Admin)
Maybe it's just me Roger, but I'm only seeing the red X of doom. Then again nevermind, I don't want to see them.
-Mason
It's not just you - I think cosplay.com doesn't allow remote linking to images. Roger, could you post a link to the page with the photo?

On that note, here is a photo including a "furry" version of Ein from Cowboy Bebop:
[www.fansview.com]

And from the same convention, a photo that never fails to amuse me... Somehow the fact that these three guys all look nothing like the characters and yet look so similar to each other makes the group hilarious.
[www.fansview.com]

-Paul Segal

mcfitch (Admin)
"[www.risingsun.net];

The horror!
"[www.risingsun.net];

Thanks, Ive just been blinded and will stay that way for three weeks. :D

I'm not going back to cosplay.com for you guys, not for anyone. All I can remember is that they were in white fur bikinis, and they were nice.
Probably not furries - probably just cosplaying Felicia from the video game Darkstalkers. She's popular because she wears an all white fur outfit consisting of a bikini, gloves, boots, cat ears, and a tail. Pretty unimaginative costume, but lots of people like that.

Furry costumes usually have full-body fur. You know, like a Disney theme park mascot, but usually without a giant head.

>

Not even considering the rest of the outfit... those are some scary-ass teeth.

-Paul Segal

It's Andy Serkis!
>

Dear God.

The only nice thing in that picture was the PepsiCoke dispenser in the background...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
mcfitch (Admin)
I never said it was nice;-) Infact I remember stating "The Horror!" after the link. You never should have looked.
-Mason
THOROUGHLY SICKENED.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer