Making a Jumbo Pretty

Posted by RyoGeo 
Hey, all. I had a question about cleaning Jumbos.

In the long run, is it detrimetal to use something like Armor All on these guys? Does it just make it shiny for a short period but, over the long term, end up simply coating the toy in layers of crap that eventually make it more dull than it would have been in the first place?

I like finding "loved" Jumbos and working on them, but wasn't sure if using Armor All was safe.

Thanks for any insight!!!
I would avoid using any kind of chemicals on your toys, period. Just clean the plastic well and leave them alone. Armor All has a pretty bad rep in the auto detailing world as well.

If you do feel compelled to put something on there I'm sure there is a finishing coat for models that would work better...

-----------------------------------------------------
'Sigs' are for suckas!
Perfect!

This was just what I wanted to know.

Thanks!!!
seanbonner (Admin)
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Armor All on Jumbos???

Oh the humanity!!!!

---
"Voltes V is not a rarity... You can find it at walmart or seven eleven." -- Chris
I've found that the best thing to do with "Loved" Jumbos is to just clean the surface as best as you can. Polyethylene is a fairly shiny plastic by nature, most of the time when it looks dull is when dirt and grim has stuck to the little bumps and scratches in the surface of the jumbo. Also, remember that jumbos are made out of the same stuff as most chemical cleaner bottles so I wouldn't worry about chemical cleaners eating away the plastic (though try to keep chemicals from getting on any painted parts such as the head or on stickers and parts made of hard plastic). Hope this Helps ya out!!

"Remember when you were a kid and you would insist you “NEEDED” something vs. “wanted” it? Well, I NEED THIS! I WANT THIS! I MUST HAVE ONE BEFORE I DIE!"

-My Mother, talking about a Bullmark Ultraseven Pegassa Seijin sofubi.
I use baby wipes (it helps to have a baby around the house...). I think they are relatively chemical free (unscented version is probably best), and seem to work great. They won't make it shine, but will get it VERY clean.
"I had a choice, get a new car or a Guren Ghost C3 jumbo, i choose the C3...because Jumbos will last forever.."

Jerilock,
Do we have to come over there and slap some sense into you?
;)

Robert

Post Edited (12-19-03 17:18)

-----------------------------------------------------
'Sigs' are for suckas!
you know that if you had to make a similar choice you'd do the same as me....I can get a new car anytime I want, the same can't be said about a C3 villian, besides my current POS car has some life left in it..I'll just have to wait a bit longer to buy that Datsun 280zx down the street ^^()

"Remember when you were a kid and you would insist you “NEEDED” something vs. “wanted” it? Well, I NEED THIS! I WANT THIS! I MUST HAVE ONE BEFORE I DIE!"

-My Mother, talking about a Bullmark Ultraseven Pegassa Seijin sofubi.
I just use water and a soft cloth. And q-tips for those...errr...hard-to-reach areas. And a lot of patience. =8^)

I had a choice, get a new Corvette or a Guren Ghost C3 jumbo, i choose the Corvette...because a Jumbo can't carry you down the road at 175MPH...
Im using a spritz bottle and paple towels for cleaning my stuff but the cloth idea is fine too.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer